A wrinkle in advance dinner reservations

susiesan

When the 45 days comes up I will ask them to go online to their reservation and try to add us. If they can't, I'll make a reservation for the same night at the same time as my friends for whatever table size I can get, then maybe play musical chairs when I get to the restaurant. There could be people who reserved who don't show up and a larger table could be assembled on the spot.

It seems like a communication problem with the res agents

I would see if your friends could go online now & add you to their Reservation

If not then you plan should work only I would talk to the Maitre'd long before your dinner reservation date

Good luck

Lyn

what games you are having to play just to be able to eat dinner with your buddies!!

Alternatively, they could just walk into the Grand Dining Room and dine together at any breakfast, lunch or Dinner.

I believe that this is what is known as "a princess problem". :D

"I believe that this is what is known as "a princess problem"

Rules are rules, and I wouldn't like at all to know that by "playing games" some people were able to bypass them while I'll have to wait till 45 days before sailing just because I don't have buddies on-board :cool:

I am happy to announce that I was able to make 8 reservations tonight (4 each for 2 cruises) on the Marina w/o ANY problems. I got my first choice of dates and times for all 8 (all sea days at that).

So far it seems to be working well online as far as I can tell.

I am happy to announce that I was able to make 8 reservations tonight (4 each for 2 cruises) on the Marina w/o ANY problems. I got my first choice of dates and times for all 8 (all sea days at that).

can´t wait until my 45 day window opens up and I can try! LuAnn

I found that there was more time choices than when I had looked last month. I could have booked then but didn't. I got the times and days I wanted with NO problem at all.

We've been in steerage on a number of O cruises and we have never had a problem making reservations in the specialty restaurants. We always state that we will share the table because we can, and do, dine alone at home whenever we want. In the past, we had to make the reservations in person upon embarking. Now, we are able to do it online---so much more efficient. On our 27 night cruise in the spring, they couldn't give away reservations. People spent a lot of time out in the sun and didn't feel like getting dressed for the specialty restaurants so you could go there as many times as you wished.

Archived