Do the porters have staplers or tape in FLL

Baseball Lover

No - Porters don't carry office supplies.

There used to be ship luggage tags available at the pier on which you could quickly write your name and stateroom number (with your own pen as most porters didn't carry pens then either) - Don't know if that's still the case.

No -- the porters at the pier do not have staplers or tape.

If you are using the tags that you run off from HAL's site you can punch holes where it indicates that you are to staple the tags together. Once you claim your luggage at the airport you can attach the luggage to the handles of the suitcases by using cable ties.

The porters at the pier have a different type of luggage tag -- they will be glad to let you fill out that tag and attach it to your own luggage -- it has the elastic on them -- like the old type. But be certain that you have an ink pen handy.

The porters still have luggage tags, but please consider printing them. The ones the porters have do not have the code on them that is used to get your luggage to your cabin

quicker. It does make a difference.

Rich

The porters still have luggage tags, but please consider printing them. The ones the porters have do not have the code on them that is used to get your luggage to your cabin

quicker. It does make a difference.

Rich

Nope -- we get to the pier by 11 AM -- since this new system started -- our luggage still hasn't gotten to our cabin until after lifeboat drill.

I haven't seen any improvement in luggage delivery.

Nope -- we get to the pier by 11 AM -- since this new system started -- our luggage still hasn't gotten to our cabin until after lifeboat drill.

I haven't seen any improvement in luggage delivery.

Different experiences. On my recent Zuiderdam cruise (3 December) my sister and I had cabins directly across the ship from each other. Two pieces of luggage turned in at the same time. Printed tag arrived 45 minutes to an hour before porter's tag.

Wow... what a tough room. Thanks for the helpful answers and the bitch-slaps.

Sorry ... sometimes it is a tough room. :rolleyes:

I actually print mine out and get them laminated! Last time I got them done at Office Depot - it took them one sheet of plastic, and I think I paid about $5 or less. They punched holes in each and attached a plastic loop for attaching to luggage.

I put them on my luggage, then never had to give it another thought.

One less thing to fuss about at the pier.

The porters will have plenty of REAL luggage tags...no tape or staples needed. If you want to cut 2 mins. from the time it takes, bring stickers with your name and room cabin...and just stick that on the tags.

There's really no need to do a "craft" project to get luggage tags!

You asked a good question. If you fly, you can't put the tags on at home. I laughed when I printed the tags and it says to "staple here"--how many keep staplers in their pocket to pull out at the pier???? I think tape might be more durable anyway.

Don't be scared off by the rude feedback--some try to be funny but it doesn't come across the web as humorous.

Enjoy your cruise!

I print them out and pack them and a small roll of clear packing tape in my carry on. Then I attach them prior to getting to the pier.

This is a good idea. Or something that takes even less space is a couple of self stick address labels or self stick christmas to-from labels to use the same as tape.

This is one area (one of the few, IMO) where Celebrity is way ahead of HAL. Their luggage tags are self-sticking just like the ones the airlines use. No need for tape or staples. Such a simple solution - you'd think Seattle would have caught on.

We always carry a permanent black marker so we can write the cabin # at the pier. Last time, porter gave us the tags and the tags can fold it and can be attached to the luggage handle (no need to staple). Our luggage arrived at around 1:30pm right after we finished lunch in MDR.

Just wondering if the porters will help with the HAL luggage tags when you get to the pier. :confused:

the porters do have staplers to attach the printed luggage tags. We have always "laminated" them with clear packing tape to help make them stronger.

As we use an Ink Jet printer (water soluble ink), I've also always "laminated" our DIY luggage tags with clear packing tape. It does protect the information in case of rain and makes them stronger. Ours have never some off, but one of our group who didn't "laminate" had one come off in Rome during the the 5-ft from our room to the elevator.

I don't want/need to do anything else when we arrive at the pier, so I've been taking a thumb-size stapler with us. As I'm attaching our DIY luggage tags at our port city, I'm mentally 'thanking' HAL for arts-and-crafts project and needing to pack one more (abet small) thing. :rolleyes: I'll have to see how the new luggage tag holders HAL sent will work on our next cruise. They'll attach easier (no stapler needed), but I do have some concern about how well they'll protect the ink in case of rain.

I've got to say, I didn't notice anything posted that would make me blink as rude or out of line until post #9. :eek:

When we were met at the Airport in Barcelona for our cruise, we were struggling with how to attach the preprinted luggage tags. The kind lady behind the HAL desk said not to worry, she had a stapler handy. I had bought some scotch tape but was having a hard time locating it. So yes, the HAL employees do carry office supplies and offer them with a smile. :D

Archived