How small are the bathrooms???

We are sailing on the FOS in Sept and we have booked three Promenade cabins. I have read several reviews on how small the bathrooms are and was wondering if I could get some info. My dad is a large man and I just want to make sure that he won't have any issues with the bathroom. Particularly, the shower itself.

He'll fit...don't worry. Lots of larger folks cruise. However, the bathrooms are small--only 1 person can fit at a time, so don't plan on one person shaving while the other is showering....it won't happen! But it is large enough for even very heavy folks.

I always wonder, hasn't everyone been in an RV? But then, no, probably not. The Cabin bathrooms are much roomier than most RV bathrooms.

You would have to be hugely "fluffy" to not fit.

No worries...

I live in an RV and enjoy cruising. I've never worried about the size of the cabins, bathrooms, elevators, etc.... lol comes with the territory, I guess.

Most people "downsize" their thinking to cruise, for me, its downright spacious...

I am soooo ready to go in 30 days.... lol

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. He is fluffy. But I would say a little more than fluffy.

Let's just say there isn't alot of room in those showers..he may have difficulty depending upon just how "fluffy" he is.

He always has the option of the larger showers if he needs to use them.

And yes..the bathrooms aren't spacious by any stretch.

He'll fit...don't worry. Lots of larger folks cruise. However, the bathrooms are small--only 1 person can fit at a time, so don't plan on one person shaving while the other is showering....it won't happen! But it is large enough for even very heavy folks.

Of course someone can be standing at the sink shaving while someone else is in the shower, the sink isn't in the shower!:rolleyes:

Let's just say there isn't alot of room in those showers..he may have difficulty depending upon just how "fluffy" he is.

He always has the option of the larger showers if he needs to use them.

And yes..the bathrooms aren't spacious by any stretch.

If you drop the soap, he will have to get out of the shower to pick it up.

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, but FLUFFY? That's a new one to me!

They are small enough, I can't remember one cruise that the comedians didn't joke about them. (one joked to soap up the walls and just spin).

It is true, DO NOT DROP THE SOAP.

But in reality they aren't that bad and are getting better on the newer ships. As a previous poster said, and its one of those secrets that experienced cruisers will tell you, if you use the shower in the fitness center it is usually large and you can use their towels, etc. I've seen many women using them on formal nights. Walking right thru the gym with their gowns and toiletries in tow.

He should be ok on the Freedom, now on the Oasis..that was a different story. I didn't think a shower stall could get any smaller. I'm only 5'1" about 120'lbs...I felt cramped on the Oasis. It's a beautiful ship but I Yi Yi....had to step outside to change my mind in the shower...LOL:D

I hope your dad and yourself have a fabulous cruise! :)

Good reason to use the body wash from the wall dispenser

Another reason to use the body wash from the wall dispenser - I used my usual Bath and Body Works body wash and ended up with a flooded bathroom floor because it is sudsier than what is provided and the little drain couldn't handle the suds.

I don't know exactly how "large" or portly your father is but I must confess I have seen passengers on cruises that I had to wonder how they coped with the showers on the ship. At the very least, the experience would have to be claustrophobic.

Here's a cople of ideas. The showers in the handicapped rooms are very large and muuch easier to negotiate. I know only because we were assigned a handicapped room once when we had a guarantee. ALso on NCL, my son and his wife were assigned a handicapped room and their shower was very large.

Another suggestion is move up to a junior suite. Then you will have a tub and shower curtain. The tub's sides are very high, howver, so that may be a challenge of another sort. And the price is a consideration too.

I'm 6'9" tall and about 350lbs, and the showers, while tight, are doable. There is a lot of elbow banging, but I usually wet down, then open the shower door to lather up, and close it again to rinse off.

Sorry if that's a visual y'all didn't need, but the OP asked... lol

:cool:

We are sailing on the FOS in Sept and we have booked three Promenade cabins. I have read several reviews on how small the bathrooms are and was wondering if I could get some info. My dad is a large man and I just want to make sure that he won't have any issues with the bathroom. Particularly, the shower itself.

No Problem. Just tell him that if he drops the soap, forget it and use another bar. Bending over the retrieve can cause butt to be exposed on outside of shower curtain LOL:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Let's put it this way.... The onboard bathrooms are so small that they couldn't fit the light switch on an inside wall, so you'll find the light switch on the outside of the bathroom:)!

Archived