Princess Luggage Tags

Rick&Jenny

We are curious whether anyone has contacted Princess to request their (Princess') old luggage tags? If so, how did Princess reply to your request? We'd like to get some if possible. IMHO stapling a cutout of a printout onto the luggage handle is a bad idea. Any replies will be much appreciated.

Happy New Year.....and lots of smooth seas for 2011 to all,

Rick & Jenny

Since most cruise lines are doing the same thing, I find it mute to not go along and print out the new luggage tags including UPC code. Fold them in thirds and seal completely with clear scotch packing tape. Either punch a hole or staple the tags to your checked luggage once you get to the port city. My SIL did have an issue as one of his tags fell off a very valuable bag of snorkel gear. All his other bags for the family arrived safely at the cabins. These bags were driven to the port, too thus no airline employee could be blamed.

Since you are in CA where Princess has it's headquarters, it wouldn't hurt to give your TA or personal cruise counselor a call. I know we don't keep them in the office any longer.

You should not be cutting the luggage tags. You just print them, fold them and staple them around the handle of the bag. You can get luggage tags at the pier where you drop off your bags. You would then have to fill them out before putting them on your luggage.

We are curious whether anyone has contacted Princess to request their (Princess') old luggage tags? If so, how did Princess reply to your request? We'd like to get some if possible. IMHO stapling a cutout of a printout onto the luggage handle is a bad idea. Any replies will be much appreciated.

Rick & Jenny

I for one think it's a great idea. We've been using them for more than a year. Took 7 cruises in 2010 and due to bar codes luggage is arriving much faster than it used to.

I have to tell you, the printed tags work GREAT. They are all filled out with names and stateroom numbers. I just put clear packing tape over mine, use a hole punch to punch a hole through them, and attach them at the hotel with zip ties. We have yet to loose a one. I much prefer the printable tags over the older ones.

If you don't want to print them off though, you can pick up the blank old ones at the pier, fill them out by hand, and attach them to your luggage. I don't think Princess sends them out anymore, even upon request. Enjoy!

Hi there. I have printed our luggage tags and folded and laminated them. They are ready to be attached to our luggage on boarding day. BUT we don't have a cabin assignment yet. Someone said they will have our cabin number when we get to the pier. Do we just add the cabin number with marker or something when we get there? Who do I get our cabin number from at the pier? Do we have to wait til we check in? If so, does that mean we have to take our luggage with us?

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks, Terry

Hi there. I have printed our luggage tags and folded and laminated them. They are ready to be attached to our luggage on boarding day. BUT we don't have a cabin assignment yet. Someone said they will have our cabin number when we get to the pier. Do we just add the cabin number with marker or something when we get there? Who do I get our cabin number from at the pier? Do we have to wait til we check in? If so, does that mean we have to take our luggage with us?

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks, Terry

Terry, the porters who take your luggage will have your stateroom number if you don't receive it before you leave for your cruise. Just take along a marker that can't be rubbed off the tape, or get new luggage tags when you turn your luggage over and add the stateroom number to the tag then. You won't have to check in and the go back out to turn your luggage over. Just tell the porter and he will look up your cabin number for you. ;) Enjoy!

Much easier to print and attach than it seemed when we first used them--a few zip ties and you're in business. We had 2 upgrades this January/February and re-printed etc at 2 different times in FLL--found a kinko's or something or other and away we went--and the luggage seems to get to the cabin in a very short time--Go back to your cabin after a lovely lunch in the MDR and they should/could be there already.

Nancy:D

have use the new luggage tags five times in the past year with no incident in fact I too find the bags are arriving much quicker becuase of the bar code.

The old luggage tags were just paper too with sticky sides so they were only two ply and i found the printing sometimes got smushed (is that a word) because of touching the shinny surface adn made it hard to read.

The new tags are three ply, we too just wrap them around our handle and tape, have not had an issue yet, but as long as your bag has a tag that has your identification the ship will be able to deliver it to your cabin by cross checking.

Happy sailing

Rick & Jenny

I, too, mourned the passing of the colorful old luggage tags however, the incomparable PaminCa recommended these:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

They're brilliant! Durable, fits the tag perfectly. Reusable and requires no taping, stapling, etc. Thank you, Pam! Try them; you'll love them and be a total convert to the new tags -- which did seem to get my bags delivered much quicker than the old system, by the way.

I've got mine all set for my upcoming cruise, and gave four to each member of my family as little Xmas gifts. They work great and are re-usable.

Another idea if you don't want to order those is to use ID badges that you can get at Staples, Office Max, etc. Just cut down the printout to fit and attach with a twist tie.

I remain of the view that as a fare paying passenger I should not be unconvinced with having to to print my own luggage tags, carry packing tape, staplers or cable ties with me, or go to the expense of having them laminated or purchase neat little plastic packets at Staples or have to use expensive photo paper or card stock. What is convenient for Princess is seldom convenient for the passenger. But alas, I only did this 4 times in 2010....maybe it gets easier the more cruises you take.:rolleyes:

I remain of the view that as a fare paying passenger I should not be unconvinced with having to to print my own luggage tags, carry packing tape, staplers or cable ties with me, or go to the expense of having them laminated or purchase neat little plastic packets at Staples or have to use expensive photo paper or card stock. What is convenient for Princess is seldom convenient for the passenger....:rolleyes:

:D I tend to agree...I mean it really is funny to tag our own when you think about it.

And what is the "going green" comment about that so many lines use when they cut back on services?? They still get printed...just by us instead of them!

Just seems sort of funny to me. But thanks for the tip on the plastic sleeves. I'm thinking it might be a good investment to buy them...but do they fit tags for other lines too or only Princess? Maybe they will all sell us one that fits each line...lol

Rick & Jenny

Do you have a problem with folding and stapling? Where do you have to cut? It's not rocket science. Just use card stock!

We didn't have a problem with the new tags they worked just fine..but it just doesn't feel the same when there is no nice little folder with documents and tags etc..prior to the cruise..now it all seems very self service right down to on line checkin:(

Another idea if you don't want to order those is to use ID badges that you can get at Staples, Office Max, etc. Just cut down the printout to fit and attach with a twist tie.

The ID badges work great. We used them on our last cruise and the last night I removed the ship's tag and just inserted a little business card for the trip home. It's probably a good idea to remove the ship's tag or it might make the next cruise by itself. The zip ties stayed on and are ready for our next trip....just have to insert new luggage tag. No staples, no tape, nada.

We didn't have a problem with the new tags they worked just fine..but it just doesn't feel the same when there is no nice little folder with documents and tags etc..prior to the cruise..now it all seems very self service right down to on line checkin:(

Those of you bemoaning the loss of paper cruise documents, which I admit I miss as well, should remember that all of that costs a boatload (no pun intended:rolleyes:) of money. Eliminating that helps keep the cost of cruising down, so we can all cruise without going overboard :rolleyes: financially! Happy New Year to all at CC!:D

Rick & Jenny

The tags work just fine. I'm sure you will also receive many suggestions on how to reinforce. We never have, and had no problems. I staple on at destination airport with my trusty Tot 50.

thumbnail.aspx?q=391136618529&id=68a495e51cc13f4444a8184c057a95e3

The tags work just fine. I'm sure you will also receive many suggestions on how to reinforce. We never have, and had no problems. I staple on at destination airport with my trusty Tot 50.

thumbnail.aspx?q=391136618529&id=68a495e51cc13f4444a8184c057a95e3

That's worked for us also...very small & very efficient for us.

I also miss the package coming in the mail with our luggage tags and documents, but I do like the new printed luggage tags with all our information on them. Like someone else mentioned, I also think these holders are a great solution to protect them from tearing and getting wet:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

I'm very pleased with mine and think it was a great tip.

Archived