Email address for Customer Services Director

Gail5863

We have recently returned from a Silver Spirit caribbean cruise and I have already sent an email concerning an issue onboard to info@ address for Silversea but have not had a reply. Would anyone have an email address for a senior customer services director or suggestions as to who is the best person to write to. I am going to give them the opportunity to give me their comments on what happened before I post it here... Many thanks, Gail

It may not be of help at this point, but did you attempt to rectify your issue while still onboard the Spirit? Usually they are able to get a handle on problems if they're brought to the attention of the appropriate person on the ship.

You may not get an email reply for a while, owing to the holiday season. Have you used the online comment form? There's a section there for guests who have already sailed.

http://www.silversea.com/contact-us/send-message/

I don't think they'd know 'how' to rectify an issue on board Silver Spirit at the moment! At the time, what was done was done and we didn't want to spend time sitting in the Hotel Director's office going over it again, when the clock could not be turned back.

I've sent an email with attached letter to the info@ address as per the contact us section - but have not had an acknowledgement from 17 December so I'm not sure if they have received it or not. Thanks for the suggestion re comment form, but it's a pretty long letter!

I don't think they'd know 'how' to rectify an issue on board Silver Spirit at the moment! At the time, what was done was done and we didn't want to spend time sitting in the Hotel Director's office going over it again, when the clock could not be turned back.

I've sent an email with attached letter to the info@ address as per the contact us section - but have not had an acknowledgement from 17 December so I'm not sure if they have received it or not. Thanks for the suggestion re comment form, but it's a pretty long letter!

you probably won't either; we had some onboard issues on the Spirit and they sent back a boilerplate apology

Gail5863, some emails for you to consider sending your letter to:

In UK:

UK, Ireland and Middle East

Anil Swarup

Email: AnilS@Silversea.com

Phone: +44 (0) 207 920 7023 (UK)

IN us

Brad Ball

Email: BradB@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713.4030 (USA)

Gina Finocchiaro

Email: GinaF@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713-4029 (USA)

Thank you for the contact details. I will be in touch with all three to resolve the issue. I have to say, I am so disappointed with Silver Spirit that I just can't let this go. I was told by a SS member of staff that they are aware of some services issues onboard, but why an earth they don't do something about it is beyond me. It seems the hotel director is ex Costa Cruises and not from past SilverSea experience, then I guess that explains it?

As someone who will be sailing on the Spirit in 2011 for the first time (have sailed on all the other SS ships) I am most interested in what the service issues were that so disappointed you. I hope you will let us know at the appropriate time.

I sent a copy of the original email to Gina Finocchiaro yesterday and if I don't receive a reply in a week I'll send to Frank Sansone also. Thank you for these contact details. We'll wait and see what they say and I'll let you know!

While Silverseas staff onboard have been excellent....Their on land group is a horror. Frank Sansone is one you need to speak to, he responds on occasion and usually with not too much. His reponses are worded to avoid any liability and I think he gets paid for what he "doesn't give" or "offer" customers.

Silversea gives relatively nothing for service complaints....as per your contract they really have little liability. Unless they kill you, don't expect too much, IMHO Frank has always been a disappointing link at a cruiseline that prides itself on customer service. However this attitude must come from the upper echelon and be passed down. I get the feeling he is just the messenger.

The Spirit is a DUD....cabins too narrow, water doesn't drain properly, furniture too large, dining room over strains, three hour meals waiting... and servers who cannot cope, The lobby is the lounge? no dedicated computer room? Noisy cabins and temperature issues....they have already canceled the options on the "sister ship". Spirit is now scheduled for mostly 7 day cruises (most people are fed up by then) and after this year will be pulled from the world cruise as Silversea past passengers really don't like her. You have a complaint about the Spirit?....they have heard it all before....And they know.Trust me...but the ship is built, and the mortgage must be paid!

Happy Sails.

Gee Cruiseerf.....it doesn't sound like you were on the same Spirit we sailed on in November! We had no issues with water draining/temperature concerns/service issues etc etc. Then again, this was our first Silversea trip and we had no other Silversea ship to compare with (although we were fortunate to tour the Cloud in Dominica). Really can't comment on the feelings of past Silversea pax naturally but many past passengers we spoke with spoke quite favourably about the Spirit.

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience but judging by our personal experience and observations of many others on these boards, I find it hard to call the entire ship a "dud". Was everything perfect - no. Suffice to say we found it a pretty nice way to live for nine days though.......

Rob

I am surprised that Silversea is not going to build a "sister" ship. There is so much that can be learned from the design flaws on the Spirit. On the other hand, the Spirit is the most stable ship we have sailed. . . . builders could learn from that as well.

We enjoyed our cruise on the Spirit. But, our next Silversea cruise will be on the Whisper (based on opinions on the CruiseCritic board).

I am surprised that Silversea is not going to build a "sister" ship. There is so much that can be learned from the design flaws on the Spirit. On the other hand, the Spirit is the most stable ship we have sailed. . . . builders could learn from that as well.

As late as last week I was told by Silversea that the decision on going forward with a new ship will be made this coming May. They say It has NOT been cancelled at this time.

Cruiseerf, I've been told by people pretty high in the SS heirarchy that the Spirit is doing largely seven day cruises when in warm waters because they have made a lot of money with that approach. It encourages a younger crowd who are not able to take longer cruises. If that helps to subsidize the other ships for those of us who prefer longer cruises, I'm all for it.

Gee Cruiseerf.....it doesn't sound like you were on the same Spirit we sailed on in November! We had no issues with water draining/temperature concerns/service issues etc etc. Then again, this was our first Silversea trip and we had no other Silversea ship to compare with (although we were fortunate to tour the Cloud in Dominica). Really can't comment on the feelings of past Silversea pax naturally but many past passengers we spoke with spoke quite favourably about the Spirit.

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience but judging by our personal experience and observations of many others on these boards, I find it hard to call the entire ship a "dud". Was everything perfect - no. Suffice to say we found it a pretty nice way to live for nine days though.......Rob

Totally agree with Robroy. I sailed 21 days on the Spirit and I loved it. I didn't want to get off. Sure I also had a couple of issues with 2.5 hour dining but there's no way in the world I would call the ship a "dud". For me it was superb.

Cheers

Jennifer

As late as last week I was told by Silversea that the decision on going forward with a new ship will be made this coming May. They say It has NOT been cancelled at this time.

Cruiseerf, I've been told by people pretty high in the SS heirarchy that the Spirit is doing largely seven day cruises when in warm waters because they have made a lot of money with that approach. It encourages a younger crowd who are not able to take longer cruises. If that helps to subsidize the other ships for those of us who prefer longer cruises, I'm all for it.

Anything that keeps the Silversea we love in business and meets the needs of younger customers on the Spirit is fine with me! Frankly, the width of the cabin was a non-event for us, maybe because we're not that wide (LOL). The only criticisms we had were with the design of the theater, the size of the gym, and the fact that you could not walk around Deck 11 from the Observation Lounge. We loved the expanded aft areas of the ship.

Cruiseerf - thanks for your comments. I'm letting SS know what happened and I'm just interested to know how they are going to respond. From the brochure that arrived yesterday at my home "Silversea - Every desire fulfilled... every wish granted.... everything is yours for the asking".... I could re-phrase this actually as you can probably guess..... (why do they bother with such fluffy words if they can't deliver the most basic request?) I haven't yet had any reply from either email I've sent, not even an acknowledgement, which rather surprises me. I rather guess they just don't know how to respond to this one! I am trying to see the funny side of it all. I think SS should take feedback seriously and look at how 'we' regular cruisers can help them improve their product. I will book SS again, of course, but I will not trust them to get anything right again -ever - but now at least I know for sure. Just because they are a 6 star line, do not expect to get what you ask for and they promise will be delivered (shame really).....

All of these service issues on the part of Silversea and the Spirit is surprising and puzzling. We had a wonderful time on our 14 day April TA NY to Southhampton. We are not really "complainers" or "order other than off the menu every night" types, but we both loved most everything about our Spirit experience and thought it compared favorably with our prior (and subsequent) Shadow, Whisper and Wind experiences. Our Spirit (vista) cabin was clean, beautiful and more than spacious enough. Our butler took excellent care of us and we had no noise, odor, smoking, water or children problems at all.

As for the stateside customer service/responsiveness, they really need to work on that. We have not yet been home a week from our New Years "mass market" Celebrity Equinox cruise and they have already called just to see how we enjoyed our first sailing with them, if we had any problems, if we would book again, etc. There is a lot to be said for that - hard to put a price on feeling wanted and that your business is appreciated.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Gail, I am wondering what your issue(s) were and if you ever got a response from Silversea. We are on an upcoming sailing on the Spirit in April and are hoping for a great experience. I have been curious eversince you posted the initial thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, I sailed on the Spirit, anticipating even better service than we previously experienced on the Shadow. I was most disappointed. the rooms are narrower, noisy, and the response to onboard issues was less than appropriate for such an expensive cruise line. I've cruised many lines, and must say, the service I received on Silversea last year was no better than the budget cruiselines. What a shame.

since I live very close to the Silversea headquarter offices, I have requested a face to face meeting to resolve issues that have surfaced in booking another cruise. Our voyage last year aboard the Spirit was less than satisfactory, and the issues continue. what is with this company? You would expect a business on the high end would offer high end service....not so here. How unfortunate.

Archived