self serve laundry facilities on Eclipse

CPCruisers

I've never had any issues with the pressing of dress shirts, or other button up shirts or any other article of clothing that one would expect to be pressed when sent in for laundry at the piece rate. Always came back nicely pressed and I send a few items in at the beginning of every cruise and usually a few during each cruise. I've never had to include special instructions to get these type of items pressed.

I guess laundry facilitates on cruise ships varies by cruise line just like some motels have laundry rooms and other hotels don't. For better or worse Celebrity doesn't and one can either take it in stride and pay for the laundry or take their business to a cruise line which has a self serve laundry. Personally, I can't get too excited either way.

You may be correct in sayng laundry facilities differ on each ships, you are lucky to have had a good experience. If you are paying for laundry I expect good service, I didn't get it on the Solstice.

I know I am on holidays, but I refuse to wear wrinkled clothing and that is my choice.:)

I have no problem doing my own hand washing and hanging it on the balcony using my clothes line, .:rolleyes:

I might be wrong, but I think you were not suppose to hang your hand wash clothes on the balcony, using a clothes line. :confused::confused:

I might be wrong, but I think you were not suppose to hang your hand wash clothes on the balcony, using a clothes line. :confused::confused:

You are absolutely not supposed to hang your washing on the balcony, but many do and as long as there is no self service laundry facilities I will continue to do it.

You are absolutely not supposed to hang your washing on the balcony, but many do and as long as there is no self service laundry facilities I will continue to do it.

Hmmm, I see. Because the ship you have chosen to sail on does not have the facilities you deem essential, you feel entitled to break the rules. :cool:

Hmmm, I see. Because the ship you have chosen to sail on does not have the facilities you deem essential, you feel entitled to break the rules. :cool:

Yes, along with many other people, my washing is always pegged and is behind the deck chairs close to the sliding door, I fail to see how this is an eyesore or a fire hazard.

For those that are desperate to try DIY laundry, I point out that the hot tubs are generally pretty empty late at night and perhaps with the addition of a little soap, one could have creative and perhaps quite effective washer. Just rinse in the pool.
I love it!:D. And, if you want to let the items drip-dry, you spread them out on towels on the prime pool loungers, and the next day, you can claim not to be a chair hog, but just doing your laundry!;)

Andrew

I love it!:D. And, if you want to let the items drip-dry, you spread them out on towels on the prime pool loungers, and the next day, you can claim not to be a chair hog, but just doing your laundry!;)

Andrew

Like!

You will do it until they decide to remove your clothes and throw them in the trash or throw you off the ship for violating ship safety policies. Be aware that the outside areas of the ship including balconies are under video surveillance 24 hours a day.

You will do it until they decide to remove your clothes and throw them in the trash or throw you off the ship for violating ship safety policies. Be aware that the outside areas of the ship including balconies are under video surveillance 24 hours a day.

Really?

I've never head any reports by anyone who has been told by the ship they must remove such items from their veranda let alone had ship staff come into their cabin to remove it. I also think being thrown off the ship is reserved for more serious conduct violations.

I can understand your thoughts that it is inappropriate to break the rules or your dislike of people putting their laundry out but it isn't fair to site theoretical punishment that has never been doled out.

While the outside of the ship is under video surveillance, the main part of individual balconies away from the railing isn't. There are exceptions for unusual situations where a veranda is angled out so a camera aimed down the side of the ship can see into them.

Incredible that any mature adult would take the position that their decision to hang clothes on their balcony is just fine, while understanding it is a fire and safety hazard, and against the policy of the cruise line. This puts all of us on the ship at risk.

Wow, just Wow.

O.P. please keep us up to date on your future cruise plans. I for one will not knowingly put myself on the same ship as you. God forbid you decide a candlelit dinner with real candles on your balcony is something you would like.

A risk to everyone, against the policy of the cruise line but hey if you want to do it, well then it must be O.K.

Isn't the interdiction "do not leave items on the verandah unattended" (emphasis mine).??? I don't believe that hanging a wet bathing suit or a freshly washed shirt on the back of the chair while you are sitting on the balcony is forbidden.......

Isn't the interdiction "do not leave items on the verandah unattended" (emphasis mine).??? I don't believe that hanging a wet bathing suit or a freshly washed shirt on the back of the chair while you are sitting on the balcony is forbidden.......

Perhaps. But I don't think people would be willing to sit out there for hours attending to their laundry while it was drying. ;)

I found the laundry service on the Solstice recently to be decent. The do say on the order form that they cannot guarantee stain removal.

Nothing wrong with rinsing out a few things in the room and hanging them to dry. The best way is to bring a couple of plastic hangers with plastic clips on them and hang them from the provided pegs in the shower and the way of the stateroom.

Cost is about the same as the cleaners in my town charges. In fact, we are planning to send out DH's tux next cruise for the ease of it. I'm with the ret that don't want to be bothered with spending time in the laundrymat while on vacation.

Is an iron available? If not in the room, can we secure from room attendant?

I hate wrinkles (especially on my face;)).

Quick trick for winkles. Pack an empty 2-3 oz spray bottle. When you arrive in your cabin fill with tap water. Unpack and gently spray (about 6 inches away from fabric ) your clothes and hand smooth.

Carole

Really?

I've never head any reports by anyone who has been told by the ship they must remove such items from their veranda let alone had ship staff come into their cabin to remove it. I also think being thrown off the ship is reserved for more serious conduct violations.

I can understand your thoughts that it is inappropriate to break the rules or your dislike of people putting their laundry out but it isn't fair to site theoretical punishment that has never been doled out.

While the outside of the ship is under video surveillance, the main part of individual balconies away from the railing isn't. There are exceptions for unusual situations where a veranda is angled out so a camera aimed down the side of the ship can see into them.

a little fear never hurts :)

The fact is that they could be put off the ship...and perhaps celebrity needs to make a strong statement that their safety policies are enforced. Someone is always the first....and we can only hope that it's someone who is knowingly flaunting the policy because they feel they are special.

a little fear never hurts :)

The fact is that they could be put off the ship...and perhaps celebrity needs to make a strong statement that their safety policies are enforced. Someone is always the first....and we can only hope that it's someone who is knowingly flaunting the policy because they feel they are special.

Can you imagine if everyone decides to hang their laundry in clotheslines on their balconies? BTW, last year on the Silhouette we saw a balcony with someone's laundry. Don't know how to attach pictures, hope it works:

2055586076_laundrysilhouette.jpg.b829ec50db6f800ebebe5fb1afaf1e13.jpg

Can you imagine if everyone decides to hang their laundry in clotheslines on their balconies? BTW, last year on the Silhouette we saw a balcony with someone's laundry. Don't know how to attach pictures, hope it works:

I think the laundry hanging from the side of Silhouette looks kind of quaint and charming....like walking through a small village in Tuscany or Provence.

I love the row of what appears to be underpants hanging there.

It's amazing to me that people will spend thousands of dollars on a cruise, but begrudge $30-50 to have their laundry done. If it's such big deal, pick a cruise line that has self-service laundry! Sheesh! When I was on Princess, on a ship I detested, I did use their facilities, but would have been fine sending out the necessary items if that was my only option.

Laundry hanging on the balconies certainly gives the ship a unique "trailer park" look to it. I guess it could be another definition of "all inclusive". :D

athens09.jpg

costa_magica_grand_turk.jpg

Who doesn't savor the sight of plus size granny panties drying on a balcony when returning to your "luxury" cruise ship after a busy day in port? Ahhh, makes me feel homesick! :D

Who doesn't savor the sight of plus size granny panties drying on a balcony when returning to your "luxury" cruise ship after a busy day in port? Ahhh, makes me feel homesick! :D

Funny!!! :D My question is; what are the people on interior or ocean view rooms suppose to do? where are they suppose to hang their laundry? :confused::confused:

Funny!!! :D My question is; what are the people on interior or ocean view rooms suppose to do? where are they suppose to hang their laundry? :confused::confused:

In the hallway, of course!

Archived