Latitudes Member-only Cocktail Party

Randus62

Is this worth going attending? This will be our second NCL cruise and we were wondering goes on at the party?

It depends on what you like. Depending on which ship you are on and how many other past pax are going, thh party can get large. But the staff from captain on down are usually there, at least for awhile, and you can meet and talk to them if you wish. There is free wine , beer ad other drinks available, and they usually pull door prizes - everything from a free bowling game (on the ships that have it), jewelry (I won a really pretty fresh-water pearl bracelet), spa experiences, etc. They of course take the opportunity to push their cruise certificates, and other stuff, but that's expected and easily ignored if you want. The whole thing is 45 minutes from start to end.

It's a free party, you get free drinks and can win prizes. You really have nothing to lose by going. Or not. It's Freestyle!

go for the free drinks and maybe you will win something!!

actually the "COCKTAIL" party is for Silver Latitudes on up....the other is just the LATITUDES PARTY for Bronze and up and held in the afternoon usually on the first sea-day the other is held cocktail hour sometime during the week!

Aside from the free drinks & scaled back prizes, and the chance to meet a select group of ship officers & staff, and maybe a little insider tip or news about special events for the upcoming days, we aren't as excited about going to the Latitude Cocktail Party. Going back a few years, the top drawing price was a free NCL cruise for 2 (wow, never mind that it was just an inside cabin - which I'm sure you will get the upsell pitch) - it's now been downgraded to items of much lowered value (artwork from the gallery, wine set from the gift shops, and NCL-branded T-shirt.

NCL also stopped giving out the Latitude lapel pins (it used to be placed in your cabin as part of the welcoming) at the entrance to the party as the personalized invite was being collected for the door prizes - nowadays, if you win Dining Certificate for 2 in the steakhouse, it's a big deal :rolleyes:

Signs of the economic times and NCL is no different than any other travel products - at least you don't have to pay extra to check your luggage onboard ;)

But, if you haven't been to one and/or new to NCL's Latitude members only reception or event onboard, go to one & experience and decide on whether to go back on your subsequent sailings.

I will be on the Star in Feb.... I had no idea about this latitudes perk. How do I find out the time and place of this get together on my sailing?

Thanks for any help.:)

These things do change, but generally speaking, an invitation letter is typically in your cabin awaiting your embarkation along with other welcome matters - it will indicate the date/time/location on the ship for your particular sailings. Sometimes, they will miss someone & it will be placed outside your cabin (placed inside an envelope.) If they missed you completely, just ask for/contact the onboard Latitute rep to get you added or call down to the Reception Desk.

If you are doing the Star down to the Mex Riveria, it's usually on day #2 en route to Cabo up at the Lounge (Deck 11 Fore, as I vaguely recall - been a while) - should be more recent posting about it, check out the membes only Roll Calls sections for info specific to the Star.

Have fun, we loved the crew & the Star. Port of LA can be a zoo in late morning before pax are allowed to board - usually around noon, especially if they are doing a special Coast Guard drill/inspection that day. Upon reaching inside the terminal, be sure to get your #'s as they board in groups based on your group #'s picked up - it's announced but many people missed it as it's a different set of rules vs. other NCL piers - and there is a seperate line for Latitude members. Your e-Checkin/e-Docs should be printed with your Latitude # somewhere on it and if not, call NCL toll-free to get it resolved before you sail, everyone that sailed with NCL is automatically enrolled.

Happy Sailing :)

We were on the Pearl in July and went to the Latitudes party. It was an absolute joke. The officers ran in, we all applauded, they ran out. Punch drinks were served with no discernible alcohol. The main focus of the "party" was to hard sell the future cruise credits. It lasted 25 minutes, the drinks were put away and I felt like they gave us the bums rush out the door - here's your hat, what's your hurry. Major disappointment.

Is this worth going attending? This will be our second NCL cruise and we were wondering goes on at the party?

They are usually held in early or late afternoon on sea days. Basically you are offered rum punch or champange but you can ask for something else. They have a few appitizers, introduce some of the ship management and give away door prizes, plus they may talk about the future of the cruise line, such as new ships etc. We do enjoy going, but if you miss you will not have missed anything super exciting.

Nita

aeryn Sun, you are right, they do not have the parties on short cruises.

We were on the Pearl in July and went to the Latitudes party. It was an absolute joke. The officers ran in, we all applauded, they ran out. Punch drinks were served with no discernible alcohol. The main focus of the "party" was to hard sell the future cruise credits. It lasted 25 minutes, the drinks were put away and I felt like they gave us the bums rush out the door - here's your hat, what's your hurry. Major disappointment.

Have you been to a lot of other cruise line frequenst guest programs, they are all about the same except NCL does give away door prizes. As for the drinks, all you have to do is ask for something else.

Nita

Nita

aeryn Sun, you are right, they do not have the parties on short cruises.

I thought so as we didn't have one back in July, but wasn't sure if they had changed that or not.

I am looking forward to going in April... some door prizes huh? That will be different, the only time I have seen door prizes is the last RCCL cruise we did and that was at the meet and greet they set up for us.

The term "party" is a bit loose.

They fill the lounge with people sitting in chairs, getting drinks, and little foodies. Staff introduced and some give aways.

We always go, but not really a party.

I think you have it down, I would call it, maybe a reception? Does that sound closer? Now when you reach Gold it is a little different.

NIta

I thought so as we didn't have one back in July, but wasn't sure if they had changed that or not.

I am looking forward to going in April... some door prizes huh? That will be different, the only time I have seen door prizes is the last RCCL cruise we did and that was at the meet and greet they set up for us.

The prizes will run from discounts (which really aren't worth much) to pictures, mini spa greatments, dinner in Le Bistro or Cagney's, things like that. I did win a mini facial a few years ago and loved it.

Nita

If you want a free drink, a chance to win some NCL prizes, and to see the captain and some of the crew introduced, then yest it's worth attending.

Otherwise it's not. Depends on you. My husband and I always attend.

lol! I think I would've just put some dirty clothes in it and used it...and then no laundry when you get home! Or less anyways...

Believe it or not, I won it on the first leg of a B2B.:D

I don't think there's a ship name or date on the bag so I'm saving it for my next NCL cruise.;)

Saw-wee....are we still friends in spite of? :D

Of course we're friends.;) It's just that the "all you can stuff in a bag" laundry special is always one of the highlights of our cruise and I have a tough time understanding why anyone wouldn't take advantage of a free bag.:eek::D

Archived