How do you book your cruise?

lmsdf

I have a very good travel agent that I have used for all of my cruises. But I think in the future that I will book Carnival cruises direct with Carnival, because the ones I take are such bargains that my TA has to charge a nominal fee because the commission is so little. EM

I book directly through Carnival. I go on their website and research which cruise I like and which cabin, then I call.

I like to be able to make any changes that I want to throughout without having to go through a third person.

Also, I have been booking ES and I wouldn't like the fact of trying to get ahold of a TA in order to put in my forms. When I see a reduction in price, I want to put the form in right then, myself.

I've only used a TA once. Its easier to just do it on carnvials website then if you need help u can just call. My dad did go through another website once and it worked out fine but it was pretty much the same price. Just your preference I guess!

pvp....or direct if it isn't with carnival. We used to use a travel agent. Her not putting in payments caused us to get upset with her, cancel our rccl liberty cruise because we did not want her to get a commission. Up til then we had only cruised rccl and disney. Chose carnival because of the destination and for the same cabin it was $1300 cheaper. Really i guess we should thank her.

We book directly through carnival.com. We attempted to book our first cruise using a PVP, but the one that we got knew less than we did as first time cruisers. We would ask questions and he literally was reading the exact same thing we were online. We just didn't see the point in booking with him.

If we need to make changes, etc we just call Carnival and have a PVP assist but do all our booking on our own through the website.

I have been on 3 cruises and have 1 more booked. 2 were booked directly through the cruiseline and the other 2 were booked with 2 different online companies. I love the latest 1...the guy is very helpful, takes all the time needed to help me choose the best cabin. I have booked and then canceled 2 cruises with him an he has never complained. He does't call me constantly like my CCL PVP does (as soon as I do a search on CCL site). He also matched a deal I found with another company (wholesale co. mentioned above).

We book directly with our Carnival PVP... mainly because the Carnival website (and the other travel sites) only show 10 cabins per category at a time. We like to pick our cabin, and since not all of them may be showing on the website(s), we speak/book with a person directly.

just curious for those in the biz....is it worth it to you with all the price drop forms to book an ES, or would you rather we just book those ourselves....felt like I was a bother to my TA even though she said I wasn't......

I'm not in the biz .. but I have had TAs tell me to book direct, the little bit of commission wasnt worth the hassle to book Carnival, call them back when I wanted to book RCL again.

I know some book Carnival .. just hoping to get your loyalty ,, it is a bother to them. They hate ES.

Archived