Cruise the same ship?

DaisyGirl55

Not returning to a ship you enjoyed would be like finding a great restaurant and never going back.

Agreed.

We sailed the Elation 3 times last year.

Our next will be on a new ship(for us)... The Triumph. We wanted to do it while still in NOLA.

Maybe later this or next year we will get back on the Conquest or try the Ecstasy out of Nola????

Even after all of my cruises, I still manage to find new things about the ship, and new things to do while in port.

You have answered your own question.

Whenever we have gone on a cruise on the same ship, there has been at least one year in between and have found the experiences completely different. If nothing else, the mix of passengers and the crew have been different.

Until you asked the question, I hadn't even thought about how many ships we have re-cruised on. It's 4 but they were all different experiences.

Iv even done B2B s.. which by definition are on the same ship !!! I dont know if its better or not to do the same week twice or alternating. We did Eastern the first week, and I found myself wishing we could go back to Key West the 2nd week again.

Ive done the same exact cruise 3 times...just with different people and they were all a blast! Only ports were Coco Cay and Nassau...I could go to Coco Cay a million times and not get sick of it but Nassau Im kind of bored with now....So I guess it depends on the ports!

We've done Inspiration 3 times. We'll miss her when she heads off to California.

Agree. We'll cruise her for the fourth time in 42 days. Got a real Pow-Bang upgrade price from inside to ocean view. Surprised me!

I don't see anything wrong with sailing on the same ship a few times. I've done it many times............Voyager of the Seas (2), Crown Princess (3), Diamond Princess (2), Carnival Valor (2), HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (3), HAL Noordam (3), Norwegian Dawn (2). It's nice once in awhile to go back on a ship you've cruised on previously As others have written, sometimes you see a crew member that you remember and he/she remembers you and of course it's comfortable with the surroundings that you already know about. Nowadays with all the stuff they have on ships, as others have said "the ship is the destination" and I agree with that wholeheartedly. As far as I'm concerned, cruising is the best vacation you can get and I get on a cruise whenever I can.

Taken the same cruise and same ports. There is so much to do on the ship and in the ports. The only thing we did not like was the entertainment was the same down to the same jokes:( and we took our cruise 2 years apart. I don't see any differance people go to DW every year so why not cruise the same ship.

Mike

My first cruise in Sept '10 was the Pride, my next cruise is on the Pride in May '11 and my next is the Pride again in Sept '11. No airfare, no hotels, no rental cars, it's 7 days, I absolutely loved the staff....I live one hour from the port. And on top of that....the ship is my vacation. So yeah....I plan on cruising her alot...lol

I sailed the Sensation twice. In 2000 she did a 7 night to NO, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel and this past Feb we went to the Bahamas on a shorty. We sail the Miracle for the 2nd time this March with a CC group (Mateys) to Aruba, Curacao, DR, and Grand Turk. The first time was Panama Canal, Cost Rica, and Belize. We loved the Miracle and would sail again to Belize/Costa Rica on her. We were lucky to get different itineraries on each cruise and I think that could be a factor in whether or not I repeated on a ship again and again.

I do two types of cruises. Those to just get away and relax and those to explore new places. I do not mind doing the same ship or itinerary if I am just trying to get away. I have done Fascination three times (twice the same route) and I have done the same route on Imagination twice. I doubt I would do the same longer itinerary twice unless there are just things that I just have to do that I missed the first time (I would do Alaska again). I am getting a little tired of the typical Carnival Caribbean cruise routes though. This is just much more of the world I want to see.

Amen, we cruise to cruise. We are odd in the fact the less ports the better we like it. We really enjoyed Freedom to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Three ports in eight days.

I'm with you. I don't give a whoot about ports....the more sea days, the better for me.

Sailing Pride this Sunday and have no intention of getting off in Port Canaveral or Freeport. Might jump off in Nassau for lunch at a favorite restaurant. This has only 3 ports and the rest are wonderful days at sea. That's why I cruise.

I also cruise to cruise. The only time I change ships is when carnival swaps them. My firsts two cruises were on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. Then three on the Holiday out of Mobile (hometown). Another repeat on Fantasy when it hit Mobile. I am booked on Elation in June now that she is in Mobile.

Love the twenty minute drive to the port and going for a weekend cruise. :D

We've been on the Ecstasy 5 times with same itinerary and will be on the Ecstasy again early next month. we've also been on the Valor 3 times on the same itinerary, and even same cabin.

I like some itineraries better then others, but just being on the cruise is all I really need. Some cruises we'll go into port, other times we'll stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Although we haven't specifically tried to go on different ships, in the 12 cruises we have taken, we have only repeated on the Destiny twice. The rest have been on the Sensation, Truimp, Miracle, Liberty, Freedom, Dream, Victory, Splender and Legend and are booked on the Valor in May. When you have to fly to the port anyway, might as well try them all out.

We were on the Elation 14-day Panama Canal cruise when she repo'd to Mobile, and thought it would be a long time before we'd want to sail on that same ship again.

It didn't take long at all though :) as we cruised on Elation again last November (to ports we'd been to several times) and will do it again this coming October...each time in the same cabin!

We've decided that each cruise is different. Even if all the individual elements stay the same, you will still have a different experience.

I don't mind sailing on the same ship or itinerary as long as I enjoyed the first go round. On the west coast, we don't have to many choices. So I have been on the spirit many times as well as Mariner of the seas.

That said, we also look forward to new ports and ships too. It just costs us a lot more money and time to go on a cruise from the east coast.

Love the Conquest, have my fourth cruise on her scheduled. I go for the cruise, but I love the ports too. Doing the same ports for the third time and I still have a hard time deciding what to do. There are just so many choices. I plan to do the Triumph for a second cruise when I can squeeze it in. Driving to port really helps me cut down on the cost of a cruise. Don't mind sailing on a ship multiple times.

My first cruise in Sept '10 was the Pride, my next cruise is on the Pride in May '11 and my next is the Pride again in Sept '11. No airfare, no hotels, no rental cars, it's 7 days, I absolutely loved the staff....I live one hour from the port. And on top of that....the ship is my vacation. So yeah....I plan on cruising her alot...lol

When they leave from NY it's only a subway ride to the port. So far it's been the Miracle 2Xs, Triumph 1X and hope to do the Glory. It's great. I would love to leave out of Florida but the airfares are just too much especially if you cruise solo. Mary49

What about you? How do you feel about cruising on a ship you have already been on?

We've been on 6 carnival ships so far (all different) and I'm now planning on booking our May cruise (we cruise in May and in October). The itinerary that interest us is on the Freedom which we have already been on, only we did the Eastern. I really wanted to do the Miracle(have'nt done this ship) but the last sailing here in Fl. is April 4th and Dh wont be back in the states by then.

I live close to the port and have yet do sail the sensation.

We really like Carnival and there are still some ports we have yet to go to and if I have to go on the same ship to do so then I would as long as I liked the ship.

Archived