Cruise the same ship?

DaisyGirl55

I am sailing on the Sensation next month - for the third time. Mostly because I love being able to get away for a short cruise, and driving to the port...I have sailed on several ships more than once.

I know that I have read posts where some folks try hard not to repeat cruises or itineraries (which I have also done, but that is another topic line!)...but I do not mind doing so at all.

Even after all of my cruises, I still manage to find new things about the ship, and new things to do while in port.

What about you? How do you feel about cruising on a ship you have already been on?

I'm going on Carnival Imagination on the 17th. Not only will it be my second time on this ship, it will be my second time doing this itinerary (I did it on the Fascination before the Imagination took over the Key West/Cozumel trip).

I wouldn't do the same ship, same itinerary, same excursions, same traveling companions. But change the last two and it makes the first two seem very different!

I would prefer to cruise on different ships with different destinations. There are so many places to visit and so many ships to experience that I would love to try a different one each vacation. However with that said, I'm not a fan of traveling long distances to the embarktion port. This is always the battle when choosing a cruise each year. :D

We love going back to the same ship. We've been on the Holiday 4 times, the Fantasy 5 times, the Miracle 3 times and at the end of this month we will have been on the Elation 3 times. We've been on 25 Carnival cruises, with # 26 this month. Going back and seeing old friends (the crew) makes the cruise even more fun. Lynda

I've sailed on the Conquest six times, will be seven this fall. I've sailed the Inspiration twice... love it.

I'll be on the Ecstasy for the second time in just a few weeks.

For me, the ship is the destination. I'm not a ports person. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time in port but I sail primarily for the ship and crew.

:)

I love the Imagination. Its a good friend I have to see at least once a year. Twice if I'm lucky. The ship is comfortable, clean, fun and friendly. Plus I love seeing new cruisers with their mouths open in awe when they come abouard for the first time.

I have only done 1 repeat cruise on the Fantasy, 3 times on the same itinerary if you count the Sensation which left from and visited the same ports. I enjoyed all of them just the same as the first, like OP said there are always new things to try and discover.

Barry :)

I really don't care what ship I'm on. I'm more interested in the cruise itself than what ship or what itinerary.

I shop the price. Whatever offers the lowest price for a single in a balcony, 7 nights, I'm on it.

I'm very partial to a few ships however and find the pricing right in many cases. Love the Fascination but since shes moved out of Miami, haven't been able to find a decent price. Love Liberty and have been on her 3 times..Miracle is nice and I adore the Triumph and miss cruising on her since her move....

Leaving on the Pride this Sunday and am looking forward to the adventure.

I've sailed on the Conquest six times, will be seven this fall. I've sailed the Inspiration twice... love it.

For me, the ship is the destination. I'm not a ports person. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time in port but I sail primarily for the ship and crew.

I agree with Mach and others..........I sail for the ship/crew experience.....I've been on the Conquest 6 times (5 times same itinerary), by the end of February I will have been on the Ecstasy 2X, the Glory 4X and even my very 1st two cruises were on the Carnival Festivale and the same itinerary.

I like the familiar, even when doing land vacations. We rent a beach house in Gulf Shores, AL almost every summer, and we rent the same house if the whole family is going or the same condo if just my sister and I are going.

My last four cruises have been repeat cruises. We were on the Liberty in April of 2007 and 2008. It had different itineraries. In 2009 and 2010, we were on the Crown Princess and Ruby Princess and they are identical ships. But one was a Caribbean cruise and one was a Med cruise. I would rather be on newer ships that are identical and have exceptional amenities than on different older ships with less amenities. We'll be on the Magic this summer. It will be interesting to see new features. But I would be just as happy or more happy on the Ruby Princess again. If the ships are nice, who cares?

I am sailing on the Sensation next month - for the third time. Mostly because I love being able to get away for a short cruise, and driving to the port...I have sailed on several ships more than once.

I know that I have read posts where some folks try hard not to repeat cruises or itineraries (which I have also done, but that is another topic line!)...but I do not mind doing so at all.

Even after all of my cruises, I still manage to find new things about the ship, and new things to do while in port.

What about you? How do you feel about cruising on a ship you have already been on?

I have done it and more than once I think..(Id have to look at my signature for sure lol) but there is one RC ship that I really like and would sail that one ANYDAY..yes I have sailed that one twice, and I think there is a Carnival one that I have also sailed more than once too..I have been on the same route more than once, just different ships. The route is Grand Cayman-Ocho Rios and I have done it prob 4 times and about to do it again this weekend. I could not do Cozumel over and over but I enjoy Jamaica and as long as I am cruising, hey, life is good :cool:

Well put Mach ! I'm getting ready to go on the Pride for 4x and many of my friends have acted like I'm crazy for repeat sailing on same ship. Especially since they know I'm not wild about the Bahamas. I love the Pride and avoiding the stress of flying to a port makes it even better (30 mins. from home ) It is especially nice when you recognize crew members or have one of them walk up and start talking because they remember you. For me, the ship is the destination too.

I think it is hard if you have been on many cruises to find new ports. We chose out next cruise because it leaves out of NY and we love the Miracle.

We always stay at the same resort every summer in Maine so traveling on the same ship all the time would never be a problem. I like knowing our way around already because you don't have to waste the time exploring. You can get right in and relax.

We cruise to cruise and have no problem going on the same ship multiple times.

Going on Miracle for 3x later this month and have been on Triumph and Glory 3x also.

Amen, we cruise to cruise. We are odd in the fact the less ports the better we like it. We really enjoyed Freedom to Cozumel, Costa Rica and Panama. Three ports in eight days.

I've repeated ships before (Mariner twice), and I've repeated ports, but not itineraries. I've been on several eastern and western Caribbean cruises, but the itineraries haven't been exactly the same. They'll vary in length and ports of call.

I can see myself repeating itineraries and ships in the future, though. I started cruising as a child. Now that I'm an adult, once I start a family, I'm probably going to want to take them to the same places I've visited.

Well put Mach ! I'm getting ready to go on the Pride for 4x and many of my friends have acted like I'm crazy for repeat sailing on same ship. Especially since they know I'm not wild about the Bahamas. I love the Pride and avoiding the stress of flying to a port makes it even better (30 mins. from home ) It is especially nice when you recognize crew members or have one of them walk up and start talking because they remember you. For me, the ship is the destination too.

Isn't that fun? On the Conquest last fall I ran into a number of folks who I knew, some of whom recognized me from previous sailings.

I did a bit of research and discovered that I've sailed with the same hotel director on three different ships on six different occasions! Marvin Barrentes... great guy!

we always try to do something we didn't do last time, even if it means skipping a show and going for a swim under the stars instead.

I leave in 20 days for another getaway on the Ecstasy! I believe this is my 5th time on that ship? We love being able to drive 45 minutes to Galveston and park and we are ready for vacation! I also love being on the ship, so wherever it goes as long as I am on it, I really don't care. The experience is different every time!

Vicki

I've never sailed more than once on any one ship, but that's only by coincidence. I prefer to sail out of one of the Florida ports that I can drive to, and each time I've been back to a debarkation port, the ship has changed. :D

For instance, I sailed out of Jax twice - the second time was after the Miracle left and the Celebration took its place. When I sailed out of Port Canaveral for the fourth time, the Dream had replaced the Glory.

I would love to sail on the Dream again and again, but just can't justify spending the extra $ to do so. ;)

Archived