Roll Call: Equinox TA 11/28/2011

shaq

My partner and I just booked this cruise which will be our first westbound TA. We are looking forward to the cruise. We did the eastbound TA on the Equinox last April and found it to be a great ship. The Martini Bar was fabulous! We had nightly cocktails there with a friendly and intelligent group of family which numbered 40+.

Is there any other family booked on the cruise? We have not seen any G & L postings for it to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Isn't there anyone on this cruise?

Hi Shaq my partner and I are on this cruise, Guess it's just the 4 of us, Were from California where are u guys from. This is a first TA and first on Celebrity. We are Diamond with RCCL. Hope other family are on board

Rich

Hi Rich, Glad to have you onboard.

I'm Ron and my partner is Harold. This will be our second transatlantic. the first was also on the Equinox last May. We live in New Jersey.

We are Elite on Celebrity, from what I understand you should call up customer service and get a Celebrity Captains Club number, with your status on RCCL that should make you also elite on Celebrity.

I see that we are the only ones on this cruise, but on our last one the board didn't really start until about 4 months before the cruise.

Hi Rich, Glad to have you onboard.

I'm Ron and my partner is Harold. This will be our second transatlantic. the first was also on the Equinox last May. We live in New Jersey.

We are Elite on Celebrity, from what I understand you should call up customer service and get a Celebrity Captains Club number, with your status on RCCL that should make you also elite on Celebrity.

I see that we are the only ones on this cruise, but on our last one the board didn't really start until about 4 months before the cruise.

Hey Ron, My partner is Fred, We booked on our last cruise RCCL out of LA to Mexixo, We done that trip many times and since RCCL pulled out :mad: of the California market in Jan. We decided to jump on one last time. We got great prices for the TA on that cruise we jumped on it.They advised us to do just that get the Captains Number so we are Elite with Celebrity:D. Thanks for mentioning that. We are looking forward to this cruise. We plan on heading out Tuesday the 22nd (I think) to check out the sites. Were you able to go ahead of time last time to do any sightseeing? Any adivce on where to stay? The only thing is not looking forward to the long flight 15 hrs on the average from Ca.:eek: Hope the Board picks up and your right on most of the cruises we did it seams like its the last couple of months before the boards pick up.

Have a great rest of your weekend

Rich

Rich,

I'm not worried about how many are on the board. On last years ta we ended up about 50, and most weren't on the cc board.

We are flying over on Sat. 26, due to family obligations for Thanksgiving, and then straight to Civitavecchia for the night. Do you have any idea what area in Rome where you want to stay in. I see that you are traveling as a group of 4, my advise is have a car pick you up at the airport, and then another one to take you to the port. We are paying about 130 EU for pick-up at the airport down to the hotel in Civitavecchia.

We are trying to decide what we want to do at each port. I think in Liverno we are going to take the train, I hate being on someone else's schedule especially the cruise line tours. We looked into a private tour, but for the 2 of us it's too expensive.

Let me know if you need any information on Rome.

Ron

Rich,

I'm not worried about how many are on the board. On last years ta we ended up about 50, and most weren't on the cc board.

We are flying over on Sat. 26, due to family obligations for Thanksgiving, and then straight to Civitavecchia for the night. Do you have any idea what area in Rome where you want to stay in. I see that you are traveling as a group of 4, my advise is have a car pick you up at the airport, and then another one to take you to the port. We are paying about 130 EU for pick-up at the airport down to the hotel in Civitavecchia.

We are trying to decide what we want to do at each port. I think in Liverno we are going to take the train, I hate being on someone else's schedule especially the cruise line tours. We looked into a private tour, but for the 2 of us it's too expensive.

Let me know if you need any information on Rome.

Ron

Hi Ron, we are looking for places as we will arrive on the 22nd. Any ideas on a good place to stay near the Colesuem? Hear transportaion within Rome is pretty easy, anything we should not miss? Since it will be our first time and who knows if we will ever make it back. Hear the bars and restaurants are near the Col.;) Yea we don't like the tours that are offered on the cruises. We do our own thing and we seam to have a better time, we we choose to stay a bit longer in one place we can, The private tours can be very expensive. We are playing it by ear and just see how it goes. Well have a great rest of your weekend later

Rich

Hello Gentlemen,

My name's Dan. My partner is Jon. We booked on the Equinox TA a few weeks ago. We're both from Toronto. This'll be my first time in Europe, but not for Jon; however, he hasn't been to Italy. This'll be Jon's first time on Celebrity. I'm pretty excited...even though we're more than a few months away.

We're looking to get into Rome on the 25th and spend a few days exploring.

Dan...

Hello Gentlemen,

My name's Dan. My partner is Jon. We booked on the Equinox TA a few weeks ago. We're both from Toronto. This'll be my first time in Europe, but not for Jon; however, he hasn't been to Italy. This'll be Jon's first time on Celebrity. I'm pretty excited...even though we're more than a few months away.

We're looking to get into Rome on the 25th and spend a few days exploring.

Dan...

Welcome Dan & Jon, Love Toronto We have family in the area outside of Toronto, We visit about every 2 to 3 years Nice city.We will be in Rome on the 22nd staying close to the Colosseum, Would be interested in sharing a ride to port on the 28th. Have u found a place to stay yet ? We just got back from San Francisco Storms coming in It was nice Thunder lighting hail. left today on train to go home (Sacramento) it was rather great with all the weather (not the weather u guys get) but very nice for California. When we were leaving their was an alert that The San Francisco area got a low level alert of the radiation from Japan:eek: Hope it didn't affect us So if we have three eyes don't be scarred :D lol Let us know if u guys want to meet up.

Rich & Fred

Hi, Dan & Jon, Welcome you are going to love the Equinox, I think it's one of the best laid out ships. To answer one of Rich's questions we have always stayed at the Hotel Cicerone. It's a short walk to the Spanish Steps, The Plaza Navona ( this is where you get the best Gelatto in Rome) Your also near the Pantheon. No matter where you end up staying Rome is a great city to walk around. There are some great restaurants in the Jewish district which is near the Spanish Steps. One of the favorite Michelangelo's sculpture's "Moses in Chains" which is in the Basilica of St Peter's in Chains.

I hope this has been some help to all of you. If you have any other questions please ask.

Ron & Harold

Hey Gentlemen,

We haven't booked a hotel yet. We were actually thinking of flying into Paris first, and then getting to Rome a few days before the cruise. I think we're going to wait a few months before we can decide. It all depends on how much vacation time each of us can manage to get from work. If we can get a few extra days, then we'll most likely do Paris for a few days, then Rome on the Friday or Saturday.

We're currently in the midst of planning a trip to Utah and Arizona for May, so that's been taking up much of 'planning time' lol. Although, I'm slightly more excited about the TA in November!

How do the transfers work to the pier? Is Rome far from the port?

Hi All -

Joe & Jeff here from Portland, Oregon. We just made the decision to book this week although we've been talking about it for a couple months. This will be our second TA and our third time on Celebrity. Our first TA (10/2004) also had a large group of family, including a group from Pied Piper.

We are arriving in Rome on 11/25. I am likely going to reserve a 6-8 passenger van to take us to Civitavecchia on Monday. We are staying at the Hotel Sonya near the train station. Anyone else intersted that is staying nearby? Price will be around 56 euros per couple with a departure from Rome around 11:00 a.m. I already have a tentative commitment from one other couple off the main Roll Call, so just need 1-2 more couples.

Joe

Welcome Joe & Jeff. Glad to see our group is slowly starting to grow. Is anyone interested in a tour of Pisa & Lucca? I don't feel there is enough time for Florence, just too much to see & do. e still haven't figured out what to do in Toulon, does anyone have any ideas?

Ron

Welcome Joe & Jeff. Glad to see our group is slowly starting to grow. Is anyone interested in a tour of Pisa & Lucca? I don't feel there is enough time for Florence, just too much to see & do. e still haven't figured out what to do in Toulon, does anyone have any ideas?

Ron

Thanks Ron.

If you haven't been to Lucca - you are in for a treat. Be sure and try and spend some time walking on the city wall, overall the city is a great one to just wander. Climb the Guinigi Tower (recognizable by large Oak tree growing out the top) for incredible views of the city and surrounding Tuscan countryside. Beautiful! I was also very impressed with Pisa - there is alot more to offer than just the Leaning Tower. The Cathedral has incredible mosaics.

Joe

:DHi Everyone Welcome Joe. We booked the Artemide arriving on the 22nd Looking forward to meeting al of you. We will be interested joing some tours at some of the ports. Now will look at transportation to to peir on the 28th. Has anyone done the train or do you think a getting a van ride would be better? Well everyone have a great rest of your week. Thanks Shaq for the info.

Rich

:DHi Everyone Welcome Joe. We booked the Artemide arriving on the 22nd Looking forward to meeting al of you. We will be interested joing some tours at some of the ports. Now will look at transportation to to peir on the 28th. Has anyone done the train or do you think a getting a van ride would be better? Well everyone have a great rest of your week. Thanks Shaq for the info.

Rich

Hi Rich -

Thanks for the welcome.

We took the train to and from Rome for a day of touring back in 2001. It was easy and quick. One hint - they don't call out the station names inside the train, so make you are watching for the city sign as the train pulls into the station. One other thing to consider is the amount of luggage you will have. There will not be porters or checked luggage on the regional trains. If you haven't traveled by train in Europe, one other thing you need to know is that you have to validate your ticket on the platform before entering the train, otherwise you will face a stiff fine payable immediately to the Conductor. The validation machines are rectangular yellow or orange boxes.

I arranged a van for six of us for 170E from Rome to Civitavecchia, unfortunatley it is already full. I used www.romecabs.com and they have been very responsive and professional and they have a good reputation here on CC and on Trip Advisor. There are others posting on the main CC roll call who are looking for transfers so it may be easy for you to fill up another van. I also have arranged for a car to pick Jeff and I up at the airport for 45E through Rome Cabs. It is my understanding that the flat rate from FCO to Rome is 40E.

I may have 2 seats on a tour to the Cinque Terrre on 11/29. I'll know by next week for sure. The details of the tour and pricing are on the main roll call for this cruise. Email me at joefpdx at msn dot com if you are interested. I also have 2 seats on a tour from Toulon to Aix-en-Provence with a Cezanne focus. Details also in the mail roll call.

Cheers!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ron, Harold, Rich, Fred, Dan, Jon, Joe and Jeff

Here is Thom and Brian. We are from Toronto and this will be our third TA.

We have not finalized our travel plans yet, but I believe we will arrive on Sun Nov 27. We visited Rome last September, so probably won't do it again this year. If you are new to Celebrity's Solstice class ships, here are a few pictures from the Equinox taken last year: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.477666089433.271742.574634433&l=896db38394

We are in early seating in the main dining room. Any interest in setting a group table for dinner?

Looking forward to meeting you all in November! Cheers,

Thom

Wecome Thom & Brian. This is our second Equinox cruise we did the TA last spring. We are also arring on the 27th and going straight to Civitavecchia for the night. One night in Rome is never enough for me, too much to see and do. We are in late seating.

Ron

Hello, hello everyone!

I've been busy with work, so I haven't had much time to get on the boards.

Jon and I are currently finalizing plans for a trip to Nevada, Utha, and Arizona for May. We leave in two weeks. I'm pretty excited because the weather here has been a bit chilly for April. I'm just glad to get to some good weather.

Welcome to Thom and Brian. Jon and I are in Toronto, too. Whereabouts are you in the city?

Hello Ron, Harold, Rich, Fred, Dan, Jon, Joe and Jeff

Here is Thom and Brian. We are from Toronto and this will be our third TA.

We have not finalized our travel plans yet, but I believe we will arrive on Sun Nov 27. We visited Rome last September, so probably won't do it again this year. If you are new to Celebrity's Solstice class ships, here are a few pictures from the Equinox taken last year: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.477666089433.271742.574634433&l=896db38394

We are in early seating in the main dining room. Any interest in setting a group table for dinner?

Looking forward to meeting you all in November! Cheers,

Thom

Hi Thom and Briam Welcome aboard Hi everyone Rich n Fred here first time on a t/a so we arrive on the 22bd and will be staying in Rome We have not decieded on what time for dinner we may do early if we do we would like to share a table, We are from Califorina and visit the Toronto area every 2 to 3 yearsas Fred has family in orangeville. He is from Maine. Well off to bed as 3:30 comes awful early for work later

Rich

Happy Easter, all!

Thanks for your warm welcome.

Hey Dan and Jon, how cool that you are from Toronto as well. We live close to High Park. In which part of town are you? If you are interested, we can get together for coffee or dinner.

Rich and Fred, sure, if you decide to do early sitting, it will be a pleasure to share a table with you.

Have you already booked your tours? I haven't had the opportunity to start looking into tours yet. I always consider planning half of the fun.

Wish you all a great long weekend!

Thom

Archived