Roll Call: Equinox TA 11/28/2011

shaq

Doug & Tom here from SoCal! We are flying out to Rome on Thanksgiving evening. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone on our first Solstice Class Cruise. This will be our third TA, and really prefer cruising west!

We took the Constellation TA last year out of Barcelona and we really enjoy the days at Sea.

My name is Don and my partner's name is Greg. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and first transatlantic, so there is much for us to be excited about. I like the appeal of travelling west also, we gain time, rather than losing it :D. And to top it all off, we get 6 days to relax at the end of the cruise before we are sent back to reality :eek:

Just in case you are interested, thought I would let you know about the main roll call. It has lots of great info regarding this cruise and everyone is quite friendly. Perhaps you can start reading somewhere in the middle as there are about 4900 messages thus far. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182987

Look forward to meeting you on board!

Don

Thanks for your comments on the question regarding dress code. We were hoping "untorn"-jeans would be sufficient for most of the evenings in the dining room.

Guess that gives us a good excuse to do some shopping:)

My partner and I just booked this cruise which will be our first westbound TA. We are looking forward to the cruise. We did the eastbound TA on the Equinox last April and found it to be a great ship. The Martini Bar was fabulous! We had nightly cocktails there with a friendly and intelligent group of family which numbered 40+.

Is there any other family booked on the cruise? We have not seen any G & L postings for it to date.

Yup, my partner and I will be on the ship. We're staying for a couple of weeks in Rome before the cruise. Anybody else? We're looking forward to the Martini Bar.

Todd and Gard

Can anyone recommend a good, gay friendly restaurant in Rome? Might be a great place to have a pre-cruise family gathering Sunday night before the cruise?

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe just a good restaurant?

I haven't checked around yet, but how about transfers to the ship?

Yup, my partner and I will be on the ship. We're staying for a couple of weeks in Rome before the cruise. Anybody else? We're looking forward to the Martini Bar.

Todd and Gard

Welcome Todd and Gard to our growing group. My name is Don and my partner's name is Greg. We are hoping for a large turn out at the Friends of Dorothy socials on board.

We will be arriving in Rome on November 25--perhaps we can get a group of family together and meet up sometime on Sunday.

Also, I wanted to mention there is also an enormous group on the main roll call, in case you are interested in joining at the following address:

Perhaps you can start reading starting a couple of months back.

Look forward to meeting you in Europe!

Don

Hi all,

Just checking in after a long time away. Rito and I are getting more and more excited about this trip.

We haven't booked it yet, but we're going to add the 5-night Caribbean cruise out of Miami that departs on 12-12-11. So we'll leave the Equinox in Ft. Lauderdale and board the Millennium in Miami.

If anyone else is interested, we'll be booking on a passage certificate that allows up to two other rooms booked on the same cruise at the same time and each also receive the same on-board credit. It's only $50.00, but it will otherwise go unused.

My e mail is "omeinv at comcast dot net", if anyone is interested.

Harris

Welcome to our group Everett and Larry. Happy birthday! Wow 101 cruises is quite impressive, hopefully one day we get to do that many. My name is Don and my partner's name is Greg.

If you are interested feel free to check out the main roll call at:

Look forward to meeting you on board!

Don

Hi sfldan, We are also staying at the Hotel Artemides, I was going to book a car/van So if your still interested let me know and I will book. If you already booked one, would you have room for 2 more. When do you guys arrive? We arrive on the 22nd at the hotel. Anyways email me at carichard at comcast dot net to confirm transportatin to ship we were thinking around 11:00 or so. If anyone else want join us give us a shout as the vans will pick up at various locations. But will need to know in the next couple of days to secure a large enough van

Rich and Fred

Ok guys, just a couple of weeks left; busy at work so the time should fly!

We're staying at Hotel Artemides and are looking to share a ride to the port on Monday.

Hello all!

Only three more weeks until we all meet on board! And it is awesome to see so many new people joining the roll call.

My name is Thom and my spouse's name is Brian. We live in Toronto. This will be our 3rd TA and our 6th Celebrity cruise.

We were in Rome last September, so we are skipping "the eternal city" this year. We will arrive at FCO on the 27th and go directly to Civitavecchia, staying at the Hotel Miramare.

We are in early seating in the main dining room. If you'd like to sit together for dinner, get in touch with me (tjunmin at gmail dot com) and we can make the necessary arrangements.

Ken, great idea. I sent a request to join the facebook group.

Wish everybody a great week!

Thom

We were in Rome last September, so we are skipping "the eternal city" this year. We will arrive at FCO on the 27th and go directly to Civitavecchia, staying at the Hotel Miramare....

Hello. We have similar travel arrangements, but we may change our plans and stay in Rome for the night due to a possible train strike 26 November at 21:00 through 27 November 21:00. You may have already made private transportation arrangements from FCO, but I wanted you to be aware of the potential train situation.

Hello. We have similar travel arrangements, but we may change our plans and stay in Rome for the night due to a possible train strike 26 November at 21:00 through 27 November 21:00. You may have already made private transportation arrangements from FCO, but I wanted you to be aware of the potential train situation.

Hi Tom and Alson

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of the possible train strike, but we were not entertaining taking the train, after a long flight.

I thought I had transportation arrangements from FCO, but just found out that I actually don't. Would you be interested in sharing a transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia? We'll arrive at FCO around 1:15 PM. If you are interested, drop me an email (tjunmin at gmail dot com).

Cheers,

Thom

I thought I had transportation arrangements from FCO, but just found out that I actually don't. Would you be interested in sharing a transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia?

Sorry, never mind. I found our transportation reservation. This is what happens when you book everything more than 6 months in advance. :D

Thom

I thought I had transportation arrangements from FCO, but just found out that I actually don't. Would you be interested in sharing a transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia? We'll arrive at FCO around 1:15 PM. If you are interested, drop me an email (tjunmin at gmail dot com).

Cheers,

Thom

Hi. Thanks for the information/offer, but our arrival time is different from yours. Meeting at FCO would be problematic. We'll figure something out in the next three weeks, :)

Hi. Thanks for the information/offer, but our arrival time is different from yours. Meeting at FCO would be problematic. We'll figure something out in the next three weeks, :)

I've booked my FCO - Rome and my Rome - Civitavecchia transfers through Rome cabs. They are not the cheapest, but they are really responsive, and detailed, right down to a You-Tube video about meeting at FCO.

Here's their URL.

http://www.romecabs.com/

Todd

Archived