Roll Call: Equinox TA 11/28/2011

shaq

Well it is a small world. We lived in the Poconos at that time having recently moved up to the Country Club, from Delaware. We still have the house, but rent it out. We moved here in 2006.

Yes, that was Marc who was the Consultant of the Year. Must have done him some good as he shortly after that he was appointed a Vice President. He still works for Oracle, and will be "officiating "at Oracle World this year which starts on the week beginning Sunday October 2.

Friends we made on that Connie Cruise in 2004 moved from Illinois to Tucson, last year, and they were here this evening for drinks before we went out for dinner.

I remember Sue and John. The sad thing about the Penthouse on the Solstice class is that the veranda is significantly smaller. We had port side penthouse for going through the Panama canal at the end of our B2B South America cruise in 2006. That was supposed to be in the Infinity, but because of the Pod problems the Millie did South America that season.

Well i am glad that my mind did not fail me totally and I got the right cruise. i know we all cruise rather too much; so good on us both that we recollected correct;y together. Looking forward to catching up on 7 years!@!@ It will be good to see you again

Hope all the "family" guys make themselves known on board, and make their way to the penthouse. i am sure a number of us will be permanent features at the Elite nightly cocktail party....my father just loves his gin and tonics...on one cruise the officers called him MR G&T. On the last one on the Equinox this past April, our butler and the Housekeeper managed to christen him "Daddy" and he was called that by all the officers and people we met. I have never called him by that ever in my life!

David

We have just discovered this roll call for the cruise.

We look forward to meeting you guys.

We seem to have caused a stir by booking the Penthouse. No doubt we will see you all there at least once during this sailing.

Welcome to the roll call, David and Marc! Looking forward to meeting everybody on board. Cheers!

Don & Greg -

Jeff and I have been lucky to travel all over the world, staying in hotels in all price and star ranges. We have never had an issue of feeling uncomfortable or unwelcome. In general, when I pick a hotel, I use a site like www.tripadvisor.com to find a property that gets high marks for treating their guests well overall.

There are lots of us from the roll call staying at the Hotel Sonya (Rick Steves' recommended). Other hotels that seem popular with the group are the Hotel Golden, Hotel Artemide and the Albergo del Senato.

Here is the latest list of cruisers on the Equinox TA...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30180901#post30180901

There are lots of options in Rome! Good luck.

Joe

Wayne & Mike arr staying at the Second Floor Hotel (BnB) in Rome for four days. Gay Hotel that was recomended by friends.

Welcome GermanBoy86 and waynemikeftl to this thread!

It should be a fun and exciting cruise. Hope there will be many other "family" members on this cruise as well.

Wayne, wanted to let you know I have replied to your email. Greg and I are staying at Hotel Selene, located near the Termini Train Station. There are many other Cruise Critic members staying in that area, especially at the Hotel Sonya.

Perhaps we can all have a gay get together at some point either in Rome and/or on board the cruise ship. If anyone has ideas, feel free to post! Neither Greg nor I have been to Rome in the past, so I would not be sure of what to recommend.

Just two more months until we are in Rome! :D

Don

Hi All, We are Gregg and Bruce. We're late to this discussion as we just booked Aqua Class on this cruise this morning. We're a couple of 40+ years who summer on Washington's Olympic Peninsula and winter in Dallas. This will be our second transatlantic cruise and 8th cruise on Celebrity. We'll be flying into Milan Friday AM and taking train to Rome later that day. No hotel reservations yet, but have been considering iQ Roma near train terminus. We haven't been to Rome in many years, so welcome any suggestions.

We would be interested in shared ride Saturday to port and possibly joining a small group for tours in first couple of ports. Hopefully, a few slots still open. We usually prefer to hire a cab or van with friends we've met onboard rather than ship shore excursions, but will have little time to meet folks before the most interesting ports. Please let us know if you are looking for a couple to share excursions.

We haven't had time yet to read through this full thread, but will try to do so. If anyone wishes to respond directly, we can be reached at ehrhupp2 at aol dot com.

Looking forward to a great time at sea.

Gregg

Hey guys!:D

me and my friend will be on this cruise!

We are 26 and 35 and from germany :)

We book a Aquaclass Cabin....

How old are you guys?

Anyone has some pictures?

Mail me: germantwinkxxl@googlemail.com

Cheers

Glad you got our pics ok. Can you try resending your pics as they must have been blocked by the spam guard. I have sorted that out.

Welcome to the Gregg and Bruce. We look forward to getting to knowing you on the cruise. No doubt we will see you at the Elite cocktail party each evening.

David and Marc

Hi All, We are Gregg and Bruce. We're late to this discussion as we just booked Aqua Class on this cruise this morning. We're a couple of 40+ years who summer on Washington's Olympic Peninsula and winter in Dallas. This will be our second transatlantic cruise and 8th cruise on Celebrity. We'll be flying into Milan Friday AM and taking train to Rome later that day. No hotel reservations yet, but have been considering iQ Roma near train terminus. We haven't been to Rome in many years, so welcome any suggestions.

We would be interested in shared ride Saturday to port and possibly joining a small group for tours in first couple of ports. Hopefully, a few slots still open. We usually prefer to hire a cab or van with friends we've met onboard rather than ship shore excursions, but will have little time to meet folks before the most interesting ports. Please let us know if you are looking for a couple to share excursions.

We haven't had time yet to read through this full thread, but will try to do so. If anyone wishes to respond directly, we can be reached at ehrhupp2 at aol dot com.

Gregg

Welcome Gregg & Bruce. We are Joe & Jeff (soon to be 20+) from Portland, Oregon. We were just on the Olympic Peninsula a couple weeks ago volunteering as Lighthouse Keepers at New Dungeness Light Station outside of Sequim. Second time we have volunteered. Beautiful area.

See you on board.

Joe

Welcome Greg and Bruce, Notice you stated Saturday to the port, This cruise leaves Monday 11/28/11 Just wanted to check so you make the correct hotel arrangements,

Welcome to Wayne and Mike, David and Mike and Germanboy86

Lunch or dinner Sunday sounds great :D

Rich and Fred

Gregg

Hi All,

I'll be on the Nov 28 cruise as well. Traveling with a friend and his parents. All in separate cabins. My friend and I each have concierge cabins. Looking forward to meeting all the family aboard. We're arriving on Nov. 24 and staying at the Hotel Adriano. Found it online and looked nice. Good reviews as well. We're making decisions on tours now. Anyone interested in doing a private tour of the Sistine Chapel, while in Rome?

Ciao for now!

Randy

Hi All,

I'll be on the Nov 28 cruise as well. Traveling with a friend and his parents. All in separate cabins. My friend and I each have concierge cabins. Looking forward to meeting all the family aboard. We're arriving on Nov. 24 and staying at the Hotel Adriano. Found it online and looked nice. Good reviews as well. We're making decisions on tours now. Anyone interested in doing a private tour of the Sistine Chapel, while in Rome?

Ciao for now!

Randy

Welcome Randy. Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Be sure and check out the main roll call as well - lots of information there along with planned events, etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182987

Joe

Hi Randy...welcome to the thread and to Cruise Critic. :)

It will be the first time Greg and I have been on a transatlantic and our first time on Celebrity. I am sure it will be a fun time.

Look forward to meeting you and your friends on board!

Don

Hello all.

Tom & Alson from San Francisco. Looking forward to our first TA and to meeting a large contingent of like-minded travelers.

I can't believe we're returning to Rome so soon. We just got off the Silhouette in early September. We had been looking at the Solstice TA out of Barcelona, but ultimately picked the Equinox.

Arrive FCO on the 27th and will likely go directly to Civitavecchia for the night. We spent 4 days in Rome on our last trip so we thought we'd try something a little different this time.

This thread is MUCH busier than the G & L thread for our Silhouette cruise. The FOD meetings were a "bust" on that cruise. We met a few people in passing, but no one showed up for any FOD gatherings. I think that will not be a problem on this cruise. ;)

The main roll call is daunting in its volume and 131 passengers have signed-up for the Cruise Critic party, so far!! Time for us to start doing a lot of catch-up reading and planning.

Cheers.

Welcome Tom & Alson,

Glad to hear that this thread is more active than the one for the Silhouette. Hopefully that cruise was still enjoyable even though the FOD meetings weren't well attended.

Based on what I have heard, there should be many other "family" on board as well, who aren't Cruise Critic members.

The main roll call is huge, but there is lots of great info if you decide to read some of it. I looked and am seeing 318 people signed up for the Cruise Critic party thus far. There will definitely be plenty of opportunity to meet lots of people.

Look forward to meeting you on board!

Don

Hi All,

Ciao for now!

Randy

Hi Randy,

We arrive on teh 24th as well. The private tour sounds great. How do we sign up.

Thanks, Wayne

Welcome Tom & Alson, Randy & Friends, Wayne & Mike.

I have hold on the following tour:

Forty minutes highway and to reach the fortified town of Lucca. First of all a tour of the wall, that surrounds all the town, then, entering from one of the ancient gates, the driver will park in front of the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro, this oval-shaped square occupies the site of a former Roman amphitheater.

From there your driver will pass through the ancient narrow streets, full of walking people as the part inside the wall is not allowed to the normal cars,and park in front of the Duomo.Take a walk from piazza to piazza browsing the shops along the exclusive Via Fillungo and enjoy a stop in one of the local cafes. Half an hour and you will reach Pisa parking in the middle of the famous "Field of Miracles", this square is the site of Pisa's Duomo, Baptistery, Campo Santo and, of course, the campanile, the famous Leaning Tower.

If you are interested please email me for details.

pennys-dad at hotmail dot com

Ron & Harold

Hi everyone,

This is Ken and Eric. We are from San Francisco and this is our first TA cruise (2nd in total.) Great to see the participation and thanks for the tips posted on the forum. We look forward to seeing everyone on the ship!

Hi everyone,

This is Ken and Eric. We are from San Francisco and this is our first TA cruise (2nd in total.) Great to see the participation and thanks for the tips posted on the forum. We look forward to seeing everyone on the ship!

Welcome Ken & Eric. We are new to this forum ourselves. It appears there will be a very large number of G & L passengers on board.

BTW, we live in North Beach.

Tom & Alson

Since I have received hundreds of emails from tour companies and fellow Cruise Critic members (in addition to regular email), I decided it would be best to send out email confirmations to everybody. Please email me if you did not receive a confirmation email from me today (October 10) and I told you earlier that I had a spot for you on a tour.

My email address is rducruisers at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Tom & Alson,

We live in Bernal Hts. It look you were just on Celebrity and this is our first time with X. Can you advise on dress code?

This is always a "hot" topic on the main Celebrity boards. We will have three "formal" nights during our cruise. The published dress code indicates formal wear, or suit. But, you will see men: in tuxedos, suits, sports coats with ties, without ties, and men not wearing a jacket at all (small minority). What you wear all depends on how much you enjoy "dressing up" or not, and if not, how comfortable you feel standing apart from the mainstream. We will wear suits.

On the 11 other nights, the dress code is basically trousers (ex. Dockers) with collared sports shirt (ex. Polo) or long sleeved shirt; what is called "business casual" by some. I'm not sure what the current status of "jeans" is; I think I remember reading something about jeans being OK in dining room on casual nights.

Others on this board have had a lot of experience on Celebrity, so I'm sure they will add their own comments.

You hit it spot on.

The jeans comment os correct. No jeans in the dining rooms in the evenings...ever.

HOWEVER I have seen a couple of gentlemen get into the dining room with jeans. One I did see get approached by the maitre d'. I did not see the guy wearing jeans after that in the Dining Room

Archived