Roll Call: Equinox TA 11/28/2011

shaq

I've booked my FCO - Rome and my Rome - Civitavecchia transfers through Rome cabs. They are not the cheapest, but they are really responsive, and detailed, right down to a You-Tube video about meeting at FCO.

We used Rome cabs last year, and we booked with them again this year.

Thom

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned having dinner together on the 27th. There's this rather camp and charming restaurant right in the center of Rome. It's called Edoardo II, Edoardo the second. It's really easy to find since it's right near the Vittorio (that HUGE mass of white marble in the center of Rome) I've eaten there and it's a good as any other Roman restaurant and, well, you've gotta eat somewhere...

Anybody want to do this????

www.edoardosecondo.com "Gay restaurant with traditional Mediterranean cuisine and seasonal products. Located in one of these small old lanes near Piazza Venezia. Ring the bell if the door is closed. The decor is traditional Italian, with a charming splash of kitsch, gay iconography and craziness (don’t miss to visit the toilet!-)

Friday and Saturday with strip shows and other shows. Sundays are rather quiet. "

The only thing is the place is not going to open until about 8PM.

Todd and Gard.

Hey guys sounds good to us. It seems like most places don't open up until that late anyway. Maybe we can meet up an hour or so and find a place to have a drink before going over to the restuarant. If this is a go let us know via this thread. Sounds like a great place.

Rich/Fred:p

Someone mentioned having dinner together on the 27th. There's this rather camp and charming restaurant right in the center of Rome. It's called Edoardo II, Edoardo the second. It's really easy to find since it's right near the Vittorio (that HUGE mass of white marble in the center of Rome) I've eaten there and it's a good as any other Roman restaurant and, well, you've gotta eat somewhere...

Anybody want to do this????

www.edoardosecondo.com "Gay restaurant with traditional Mediterranean cuisine and seasonal products. Located in one of these small old lanes near Piazza Venezia. Ring the bell if the door is closed. The decor is traditional Italian, with a charming splash of kitsch, gay iconography and craziness (don’t miss to visit the toilet!-)

Friday and Saturday with strip shows and other shows. Sundays are rather quiet. "

The only thing is the place is not going to open until about 8PM.

Todd and Gard.

Hey guys sounds good to us. It seems like most places don't open up until that late anyway. Maybe we can meet up an hour or so and find a place to have a drink before going over to the restuarant. If this is a go let us know via this thread. Sounds like a great place.

Rich/Fred:p

Rich/Fred: Thanks for the "RSVP". There are small bars all over, but they tend to stand up, with wide open doors. It's just the Italian style. I'd suggest that we just arrive around 8PM, order some wine and go from there.

Todd and Gard

Hi Todd

Unfortunately we will be in Civitavecchia instead of Rome on the 27th. Have fun at Edoardo, and see everybody the next day on board!

Thom and Brian

Hi Todd,Gard,Mike & Vice It will be great to meet everyone We are Staying at the Hotel Artemide Leave a messege if its a go We leave in the Morning (Sunday) the 20th So may have limited access to computer. Everyone have a safe flight and see you on The following Sunday.

Rich and Fred

Hi Todd, Gard, Rich and Fred. We would like to join in as well for dinner and drinks. Mike & Vince here.

Hi,

We are arriving in Rome the morning of the 24th and staying near the Spanish Steps. Really looking forward to getting on the ship!!!

We are taking a tour of Rome on Saturday the 26th. We have two spaces left in our van. Here's a link to the tour info. If anyone is interested, please email me at randrob@mac.com

See everyone at dinner Sunday night!!

Randy

link:

http://www.romeconnection.com/tours-sightseeing/imperial-rome/

Hi all, Mike and I leave Boston for Rome on the 24th, and will plan to join for dinner on the 27th as arranged. Just checking to see if anyone knows more about the potential train strike mentioned earlier. We we planning on taking the train around while there, and to the boat that morning, but will reconsider if there is a strike. Hard to find out any details on the Trenitalia site.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, Ciao.

Vince

Hello guys

I thought it would be a good idea to compile the names of the people who participated in this roll call, so we can more easily connect when we are on board. I noticed that some people in this roll call are missing from the cruise list compiled in the main roll call. I hope I got everybody's info correctly.

aircooled: Mikael & Alx

begood2me: David & Mark

castabrook: Rich and Fred

Deforest: Mike & Vince

GermanBoy86:

ghdallas: Gregg & Bruce

JoePDX: Joe & Jeff

kbake: Ken & Eric

omeinv: Harris & Rito

Randrob: Randy

RDUCruisers: Don & Greg

sfldan: Dan & Tony

shaq: Harold & Ron

SoCalStingray: Doug & Tom

tjunmin: Thom & Brian

ToddTodd: Todd & Gard

Waynemikeftl: Wayne & Mike

Are there any plans for a sail away party?

Cheers,

Thom

• 3 weeks later...

Archived