Roll Call: Equinox TA 11/28/2011

shaq

Hi -

We are all set with our tours. I arranged private tours (both full) for Livorno and Toulon. In Barcelona we are just going to wander. In Cartagena I booked the walking tour through Celebrity and on the Azores Jeff and I are going to have a day for just us. :D

Good luck with the planning - I agree it's half the fun!

Joe

Hi,

Mikael and Alexander joining from Malta, the small island in the Med. Just below Sicily.

Lost on Criuses since the first one on 2005. We love the Solstice class with its modern design.

Will arrive in Rome on the 27:th and have not made any specific plans yet.

Looking forward to following the forum and meeting you all on the ship.

All the best,

Mikael and Alex

Hello Mikael and Alexander

Welcome to the roll call! We started cruising in 2006. Our first cruise was our honeymoon. We cruised to Alaska, and have been hooked since. :D

Feel free to get in touch if you are interested in booking tours together.

Cheers,

Thom

We are all set with our tours. I arranged private tours (both full) for Livorno and Toulon. In Barcelona we are just going to wander. In Cartagena I booked the walking tour through Celebrity and on the Azores Jeff and I are going to have a day for just us. :D

Hey Joe

Wow! You guys are super organized!

I only started looking into Livorno now. I know for sure that in Ponta Delgada, we'll take a ship's tour. We want to ensure we'll back to the ship on time and no miss the crossing. :eek:

Have a great day!

Thom

Welcome Mikael & Alexander, this is our 2nd Equinox cruise, love the ship. If anyone is interested in doing a tour from Livorno to Lucca and Pisa let me know, trying to see if I can get a group together.

Ron

Happy Easter, all!

Thanks for your warm welcome.

Hey Dan and Jon, how cool that you are from Toronto as well. We live close to High Park. In which part of town are you? If you are interested, we can get together for coffee or dinner.

Rich and Fred, sure, if you decide to do early sitting, it will be a pleasure to share a table with you.

Have you already booked your tours? I haven't had the opportunity to start looking into tours yet. I always consider planning half of the fun.

Wish you all a great long weekend!

Thom

Hey Thom,

We're in Cabbagetown. Coffee or dinner sounds great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone -

Happy Friday. As for me I'm thrilled to put this b--ch of a week behind me. :D And it's a sunny day in Portland to boot!

Have a great weekend.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Well, we're back from our trip to Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Had a great time. Now....we can focus on planning for this trip! With a few small trips along the way.

Hey Dan and Jon! Hope you had a great trip. I loved visiting that part of the country to go hiking. Awesome hiking trails!

Summer has finally arrived in Toronto, after a miserable spring in May. Today temperatures reached 105 F with humidex. I can't believe it is already June. Happy Pride Month everybody!

Cheers,

Thom

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone Derek from key west we have a group of 6 guys & 2 girls were all single & can't wait for the crossing,

Welcome to you and your group Derek!

Joe & Jeff

Hi everyone Derek from key west we have a group of 6 guys & 2 girls were all single & can't wait for the crossing,

Welcome Derick and Friends Sign up for the connections group if you have not done so Its a great thread and a whole lot of information

Rich and Fred

• 2 weeks later...

I've been MIA for a while. I apologize. Work and everything else just got the better. Plus, I haven't been online much since the decent weather started. Surprisingly, we're less than 5 months away from the cruise.

How is everyone's summer so far? We just got new patio furniture today, so I'm just waiting until 5pm to leave work and try it out for a few hours.

We haven't had much of a summer here in the Northwest.... Sigh. Second year in a row. Hope those of you in the heatwave areas are keeping cool....

If you haven't checked your air reservations - do it. Both our Eastbound and Westbound flights were cancelled. No notifications from either airline or Choice Air. But all worked out fine in the end.

Happy Day!

Joe

Hi,

We're Harris and Rito, from Denver. This will be our second transatlantic cruise, and first time in Rome.

Like a few others above, our first cruise was in 2006, and this will be our 15th. We're hooked.

We have late dining.

Harris

Denver, CO

Welcome Harris & Rito, Glad to see that our group is growing. We are Harold & Ron from Secaucus NJ. this also will be our second ta, our first was also on the Equinox, just east bound. This will be our 7th cruise most have been on Celebrity, We are also late seating for dinner.

Hi there, we're Tony and Dan from Boynton Beach, FL. We booked on the Navigator back in February, but haven't let ourselves get excited until we knew work schedules would allow. Looks like we're a go!

We're planning on flying out on Thanksgiving Day and staying at Hotel Artemides. Partner was in Italy when he was a teenager, but that was a long, long time ago (God, I hope he doesn't read these boards!). I've never left North America, so I'm very excited.

Absolutely interested in sharing a ride to the pier if anyone is interested.

We're in Aqua, so I understand we have to eat in Blu, although I've heard it's really great. They're having a senior citizens special on AQ, it's like $1399 or something, so I'm thinking we'll be the young ones on deck 15! :)

Hi there, we're Tony and Dan from Boynton Beach, FL. We booked on the Navigator back in February, but haven't let ourselves get excited until we knew work schedules would allow. Looks like we're a go!

We're planning on flying out on Thanksgiving Day and staying at Hotel Artemides. Partner was in Italy when he was a teenager, but that was a long, long time ago (God, I hope he doesn't read these boards!). I've never left North America, so I'm very excited.

Absolutely interested in sharing a ride to the pier if anyone is interested.

We're in Aqua, so I understand we have to eat in Blu, although I've heard it's really great. They're having a senior citizens special on AQ, it's like $1399 or something, so I'm thinking we'll be the young ones on deck 15! :)

Hi Everyone hope everyone is doing good :)

Tony and Dan Welcome, We are (Rich n Fred) also Aqua on deck 15 and are also staying at the Artemides we are arriving on Nov 22nd and we would be interested in sharing a ride to the pier. Look us up when you get to the hotel. What time are you scheduled to arrive? Anyone else staying at this hotel or close by to our hotel? Everyone check your airlines as it seems as they are changing flights on everyone ugggg :( Hope evryone has a great week

Rich

Some unfortunate news....

...Due to scheduling at my work, we're not going to be able to do the cruise. I have been booked for meetings with clients the first week of the cruise, and was 'voluntold' that I need to be in attendance.

I wish everyone a great cruise!

Hi Everybody.

My name is Don and my partner's name is Greg. We are excited to be booked for this cruise. This will be a new experience for us as we have not ever done a transatlantic and we have never sailed with Celebrity (although I have heard good things about them). We have, however, been on other cruises before.

We are signed up for the early traditional dining, in case anyone would be interested in sittiing at the same table. Tjunmin, if you guys are interested perhaps we could sit at the same table.

We are tentatively planning on arriving in Rome on the night of November 25 or the morning on November 26. We are thinking that we will want to take a look at the Vatican on one of the days, and perhaps sight see around Rome on the other day in case anyone else is interested in doing stuff together before the cruise. We are also interested in forming a group to go to the pier on Monday morning and are interested in forming groups to go on excursions during the cruise as well. If anyone has any ideas about good stuff to see we would appreciate any advice you may be able to offer.

We look forward to meeting you all in Italy! :)

Don & Greg

Archived