Can we talk luggage

MyMotivation

I have to buy luggage, why because I have none. First vacation for me in nearly 10 years.

But I have some things that need to be met.

1. Light weight, I don't want to be over packing or going over the airport baggage costs.

2. I only want 3 pieces, one for me, one for hubby and a shared bag.

3. I don't want to be spending a ton, if I can do it for under $50 great! But $100 is my top limit.

Suggestions Pls and Thank you

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for luggage for our upcoming cruise. I'm looking at the Delsey Helium Hyperlite. Does anyone have any feedback on this brand? I'm not really trying to spend more then $120 for a 25inch roller. I'm thinking on a 25 inch roller and a 32 inch duffel roller for the husband and I.

For the OP. Check out Marshalls, Ross and TJ Maxx. Also, I know Sears had a set I bought. It was a 5 piece set for $100 it was half price on sale and it lasted me a few trips, but we're planning on Europe next year so if I'm going to invest in something I want to make sure it will last for that.

Look for good wheels, the kind that you can easily turn with one hand. And look for lighter weight luggage. Both of these features will make it easier for you to maneuver.

Really good advice. It's so much easier to roll a carry-on bag down an airplane aisle if it will roll sideways!

We've got one large suitcase that weighs almost 50 pounds before we even put anything in it. It's totally useless. I'm definitely going to check for weight next time I buy luggage.

Really good advice. It's so much easier to roll a carry-on bag down an airplane aisle if it will roll sideways!

We've got one large suitcase that weighs almost 50 pounds before we even put anything in it. It's totally useless. I'm definitely going to check for weight next time I buy luggage.

Wow, that's really something. I work in a luggage store and the heaviest piece in there is a Samsonite hardside spinner, it weighs in at 18 lbs. empty.

I could give excellent recommendations, but good luggage is not cheap. And there is a difference between cheap and good.

I picked up a great 3 piece spinner set at B.J.s in florida for only 88$. The cruise line had broken one wheel of my old stuff, so I felt it was a good time to replace it. Even if it only lasts a few years of travels it will be worth that price. Mine is in dark grey.

Grab a cheap duffel at the thrift store, pack your stuff, make a stop after you hit florida and repack. Your good to go!

That would be my solution.

Good luck!

Wow, that's really something. I work in a luggage store and the heaviest piece in there is a Samsonite hardside spinner, it weighs in at 18 lbs. empty.

I could give excellent recommendations, but good luggage is not cheap. And there is a difference between cheap and good.

I'd like some recommendations! I'm looking for a new carry on, light, good wheels. I like to travel with a carry on only and mine is going to need to be replaced soon. Thanks for any direction you can give as to brands or specific pieces.

I'd like some recommendations! I'm looking for a new carry on, light, good wheels. I like to travel with a carry on only and mine is going to need to be replaced soon. Thanks for any direction you can give as to brands or specific pieces.

DH and I travel carry-on only and found that the High Sierra wheeled carry on is the best. We each have one and have taken these bags everywhere. They have lasted through some tough terraine and abuse! It is a wheeled carry-on with a detachable day backpack. You can also use the entire bag as a backpack. It is really versatile and holds a lot!

http://www.highsierrasport.com/product?number=AT105&lang=en

Another thought for carry on bags is Rick Steve's bags rugged and moderately priced.

I had to laugh when I read the previous post about black suitcases and the straps you can buy to go around your suitcase. It made me think of a funny story, when we were cruising on the Pride, and the airline lost our luggage. We were without our bags for FOUR DAYS! When we hit the first port at Manzanillo, my husband was standing on our balcony watching the goings on down on the dock. He saw an SUV pull up and someone got out and began unloading suitcases from the back. I was in the bathroom applying my makeup and I heard him whooping and hollering, "MY SUITCASE! MY SUITCASE! HEEEYYYY, THAT'S MY SUITCASE!!!!"

He recognized it all the way up on the Verandah deck by the wacky suitcase strap he likes to use on his totally black suitcase LOL

I use one now too :D

Have a great day, everyone!

Dee

Archived