The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

I dont understand this:

What is the difference - someone told me that it will be calculating days insted of cruises ?

What happens if you have 10 cruise creditts - will you still have diamant status - or will you be downgraded if it is only shorte cruises ?

If someone can explain this in details I wold be greatfull...

If it has beed posted before - please excuse me

I think most people are counting their days at sea and going from that. not cruise credits. but i am sure i also read that you will be grandfathered in.

so if you are diamond now, will will be diamond in the new system.

but you will have a few more levels to get to before the top..

t

I herd on the Seronade last week that the hole system will be changed from amount of cruises to length of cruises - meaning DAYS at sea. They will make it more diffecult to be Dimant + cruiser.

I also heard that they will cut back on the Dimond + perks - that it will be no more free drinks in the Conigniare club - only the Dimant + club without hard liquere.

This is to make better space for the suite guests -

In addition the speculation was about the diffecutie to be in a higher level - They was saying that it wold be a lot more diffecult to reace new level

There are various threads on this subject. With many posts about it, the simple fact is nobody knows, and will not until the official announcements are made. The rumour is that it will sometime in the next few days.

Very Well said!!!

I was told by someone that has a freind of a brothers sister in law that overheard someone talking on a board that happend to bump into the 3rd cousin of the waiter that used to work on a ship that everyone gets free booze on the ship if you booked yesterday online with your crown & anchor # starting with a 9

Also you recieve triple points if your a goldmember

I was told by someone that has a freind of a brothers sister in law that overheard someone talking on a board that happend to bump into the 3rd cousin of the waiter that used to work on a ship that everyone gets free booze on the ship if you booked yesterday online with your crown & anchor # starting with a 9

LOL. Thanks for the laugh! :D

This is how panics start..you were misinformed the crown and anchor # ending with 9 not starting with 9....

that was funny the first time

Disclaimer: sarcastic remarks my own :D

"It’s particularly pleasing that our loyal Crown & Anchor Society members have reacted so positively to the program changes we made in 2010 (Really:confused:, not according to these boards). As I have written here from time to time, we look forward to making the Society even more attractive in 2011."

The problem, as I see it, in counting the days at sea is that it does not take into consideration whether you are occupying a suite or the cheapest inside cabin. I also feel that the formula should have provision for the amount spent during your voyage.There is obviously a big difference in profitability to RC if you buy a bottle of wine each evening, drinks at the bar and meals in the speciality restaurants when compared with a soda package for the entire trip. The resulting revenues to RC could be as much as 10:1. The whole purpose of the loyalty plans is to bring back the customer who will contribute the most in profit to the Company.

The problem, as I see it, in counting the days at sea is that it does not take into consideration whether you are occupying a suite or the cheapest inside cabin. I also feel that the formula should have provision for the amount spent during your voyage.There is obviously a big difference in profitability to RC if you buy a bottle of wine each evening, drinks at the bar and meals in the speciality restaurants when compared with a soda package for the entire trip. The resulting revenues to RC could be as much as 10:1. The whole purpose of the loyalty plans is to bring back the customer who will contribute the most in profit to the Company.

Part of the rumor has it that suites will be double points. 7 nights in an inside cabin = 7 points. 7 nights in a suite = 14 points.

I heard the exact same thing just yesterday. It MUST be true!

Hey, you live where I live! :eek: Sorry, I've never seen anyone from my hometown before. Nice to meet ya!

Carry on. :D

Hey Michele, more people might be from your area if you put your City in your Bio.....not sure why people do not .We all know where you live now. :) My partner Bill travels to Chalfont every 6 weeks....maybe that is close also. Hope to meet you on a sailing one day.

Mike

Hey Michele, more people might be from your area if you put your City in your Bio.....not sure why people do not .We all know where you live now. :) My partner Bill travels to Chalfont every 6 weeks....maybe that is close also. Hope to meet you on a sailing one day.

Mike

Nope, Chalfont is closer down this way.

Unless there are two or more Chalfonts in PA!

;)

Thank you! I appreciate the clarification! :D

Nope, Chalfont is closer down this way.

Unless there are two or more Chalfonts in PA!

;)

Interesting brief in the paper today:

"The Pennsylvania State Police have agreed to stop handing out tickets to people who use language of which they don't approve. In other words, naughty no-nos.

Apparently, swearing is a huge problem in the Keystone State. Officers handed out 750 citations last year. But when a woman was ticketed for calling the motorcyclist who had nearly run her down a certain unenviable body part, the American Civil Liberties Union sued the police on her behalf, arguing that profanity was protected under the First Amendment, which no doubt hung its head in shame.

In a settlement, officers have agreed to stop with the tickets. The fashion police, however, remain on duty."

Such a loss of civility :D

Archived