My children aren't on the reservation?

CatlinSTJ

When we booked our cruise, we booked Early Saver directly through Carnival. When I looked online, my husband and I were listed, but not my children. I called Carnival and the agent I spoke to on the general line indicated that sometimes a booking agent would do this if a traveler didn't want/couldn't make the full downpayment for some reason. She said that it was unusual but not unheard of, but that generally the guest asked for it, it wasn't something they were supposed to offer. I called and e-mailed the agent we booked with and never received a reply addressing my concerns. I hadn't asked for a reduction in the downpayment and at no time did I even indicate that it made a difference so I'm not sure why he would have done that.

Has anyone encountered this? Will I have problems adding the kids onto the booking at this point?

I hope there are still some quads left in your category unbooked, or you will have to upgrade. Cant downgrade.

Call the TA as Carnival cant fix it, the TA owns the booking. Sounds like a screw up by TA to me.

If the TA continues to not reply and fix this .. you might at some point have to contact Carnival and have them get the TA to release this to Carnival .. thats about your only option if the TA continues not to fix the problem. You have to report them to Carnival.

I know it is done, even by Carnival because friends of ours are cruising with us & they wanted a room right beside ours. Anyway, she did her booking with her name only & then went back & added her hubby to her room. Just as firefly said, you need to double check because if you aren't booked in a quad room, you'll need to upgrade to one.

When we booked our cruise, we booked Early Saver directly through Carnival. When I looked online, my husband and I were listed, but not my children. I called Carnival and the agent I spoke to on the general line indicated that sometimes a booking agent would do this if a traveler didn't want/couldn't make the full downpayment for some reason. She said that it was unusual but not unheard of, but that generally the guest asked for it, it wasn't something they were supposed to offer. I called and e-mailed the agent we booked with and never received a reply addressing my concerns. I hadn't asked for a reduction in the downpayment and at no time did I even indicate that it made a difference so I'm not sure why he would have done that.

Has anyone encountered this? Will I have problems adding the kids onto the booking at this point?

You are not sailing for six months. Call carnival and add them to the booking. I suspect that you are already in a quad cabin (I know that we are often booked in them when only two of us travel.) .

The agent may have wanted to wait to book the children because the deposit might have been more than their total fare. You should have no problem this far out getting things fixed.

You are not sailing for six months. Call carnival and add them to the booking. I suspect that you are already in a quad cabin (I know that we are often booked in them when only two of us travel.) .

The agent may have wanted to wait to book the children because the deposit might have been more than their total fare. You should have no problem this far out getting things fixed.

The only problem I see is that they are now going to have to pay the going rate for the kids.

I would attempt to add the kids to your booking at what ever the rate was at the time you made the original reservation and if they are unwilling to do that then I would escalate it to a supervisor.

Am I reading the original posting wrong. I read where she said she booked all four of them and paid the deposit for all four of them. It's Carnival's fault, not hers that they aren't listed. I would definately call and tell them to make the corrections.

Am I reading the original posting wrong. I read where she said she booked all four of them and paid the deposit for all four of them. It's Carnival's fault, not hers that they aren't listed. I would definately call and tell them to make the corrections.

OP doesnt say she paid the deposit for all 4, she says sometimes people do it to save on the deposit.

Since they email you the confirmation within minutes, cant have been too long since she booked, and read the confirmation .. all she has to do is call back and get it fixed and pay the deposit for the other two.

She just was asking if it happened to anyone else who didnt ask to only book 2 of the 4.

Okay, weird, I know I posted more details but it's not on here...hmmm...

We're booked in two staterooms, side by side. The "children" are teens and are supposed to have their own cabin. The way the rep booked it, my husband is in one cabin and I'm in the other, both at the single rate. I've got another message in with the rep and I'm waiting on a response to see what's going on and how to change it. Not planning on sailing in separate rooms, we actually like each other! :p

Okay, weird, I know I posted more details but it's not on here...hmmm...

We're booked in two staterooms, side by side. The "children" are teens and are supposed to have their own cabin. The way the rep booked it, my husband is in one cabin and I'm in the other, both at the single rate. I've got another message in with the rep and I'm waiting on a response to see what's going on and how to change it. Not planning on sailing in separate rooms, we actually like each other! :p

There are a ton of threads about changing cabins once onboard. If either child is under 12, they are not allowed in their own cabin and have to be booked with a adult.

You will need to change it after you board, not now.

There are a ton of threads about changing cabins once onboard. If either child is under 12, they are not allowed in their own cabin and have to be booked with a adult.

You will need to change it after you board, not now.

Well actually, a change DOES need to be made. The OP said she and her husband are each booked in a cabin at the single rate...that means there's no mention at all of the kids on the reservation.

She needs to get one child listed in each room as the second passenger. THEN once on board they can make the switch...but there's no way those kids will even get on the ship if they aren't put on the reservation.

Well actually, a change DOES need to be made. The OP said she and her husband are each booked in a cabin at the single rate...that means there's no mention at all of the kids on the reservation.

She needs to get one child listed in each room as the second passenger. THEN once on board they can make the switch...but there's no way those kids will even get on the ship if they aren't put on the reservation.

I assumed by now the OP got it fixed and paid the deposits for the kids. silly me.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone wants to know how this turned out, we DID get it fixed. It took some time for Carnival to figure out what the PVP did and to get it corrected, but they did it without penalizing us. Before I called, I contacted Carnival via e-mail and requested that they reply electronically so I would have written documentation that they would take care of it. I also made sure that I had the e-mail communications from the PVP which all discussed our girls going with us and the best type of booking for our needs. The agent I spoke to had to go up the chain to get assistance to correct the error because of the early saver rate but he was very polite and helpful.

No one seems to have a clue as to why he did this other than the possibility that he was trying to make the downpayment lower to encourage us to book sooner. It's aggravating because at no time did we ask for a lower downpayment or indicate that it would be an issue. (If money was that tight, we wouldn't be booking a cruise!) It's fixed now so we can focus on enjoying the cruise in a few months instead of worrying about what happened. :cool:

In case anyone wants to know how this turned out, we DID get it fixed. It took some time for Carnival to figure out what the PVP did and to get it corrected, but they did it without penalizing us. Before I called, I contacted Carnival via e-mail and requested that they reply electronically so I would have written documentation that they would take care of it. I also made sure that I had the e-mail communications from the PVP which all discussed our girls going with us and the best type of booking for our needs. The agent I spoke to had to go up the chain to get assistance to correct the error because of the early saver rate but he was very polite and helpful.

No one seems to have a clue as to why he did this other than the possibility that he was trying to make the downpayment lower to encourage us to book sooner. It's aggravating because at no time did we ask for a lower downpayment or indicate that it would be an issue. (If money was that tight, we wouldn't be booking a cruise!) It's fixed now so we can focus on enjoying the cruise in a few months instead of worrying about what happened. :cool:

Glad to hear the update & glad it all worked out. Whew! :)

Archived