Vancouver's Canada Place Pier Disembarkation?

Astro Flyer

Does anyone recall how early you can disembark at Vancouver's Canada Place Pier?

Because Princess is not offering shuttle bus service to SEATAC for our coastal cruise, we're wondering if it would be possible to make an independently booked express shuttle bus departing at 9:00am. We're aware that we'd probably have to walk off with our luggage but would like to make this 1st scheduled shuttle bus to SEA. Since the company has such an early bus, hopefully they are aware of the disembarkation times for ships at Vancouver's Canada Place Pier.

If anyone has any info to share, thanks in advance. :D

The bus leaves right from Canada Place right? It's possible. I've been home by 9:30 on cruises coming into Vancouver. The ship has to clear Canadian Customs and then you have to go through Customs. I think as long as you did a walk off you'd be ok. Any idea how many ships in that day? that could effect things.

It will depend on when your ship pulls in, of course, but coming out of AK, the first available slot off the boat was around 7:30 AM, with the ship pulling in around 5 AM, so I think that would be pretty close to the mark for earliest possible.

Does anyone recall how early you can disembark at Vancouver's Canada Place Pier?

Because Princess is not offering shuttle bus service to SEATAC for our coastal cruise, we're wondering if it would be possible to make an independently booked express shuttle bus departing at 9:00am. We're aware that we'd probably have to walk off with our luggage but would like to make this 1st scheduled shuttle bus to SEA. Since the company has such an early bus, hopefully they are aware of the disembarkation times for ships at Vancouver's Canada Place Pier.

The bus leaves right from Canada Place right? It's possible. I've been home by 9:30 on cruises coming into Vancouver. The ship has to clear Canadian Customs and then you have to go through Customs. I think as long as you did a walk off you'd be ok. Any idea how many ships in that day? that could effect things.

Yes, the bus leaves from Canada Place & I've emailed the company also. The schedule I found shows the HAL Zuiderdam (2,000 passengerss) along with the Sapphire & Golden Princess (2,600 passengers each) & I neglected to mention that our arrival time shows at 0730.

Being a US citizen the process may take longer but will wait to hear from the bus company before deciding about making the early reservation.

Thanks! :)

http://www.quickcoach.com

I use this for my one nighters to and from Seattle and find them very reliable indeed.:)

Does quickshuttle stop at the border and go on, I thought I heard that they stop and stop along the way to pick up passengers, do you know if this is true?

They can have several stops, they will be listed on their schedule. Theyy don't just "pick up" people random. Can be added stops to Bellingham, Vancouver hotels, Seattle hotels. As mentioned, it will be clearly stated on their schedule.

At Blaine, the bus stops, and you get off, with your bags and every person goes through the line.

It is Quick Coach?? Well think about it- they schedule according to likely times of filling their buses. They aren't going to have schedules, picking up at Canada Place if no one can make it. So, yes, self disembark and get yourself in line promptly. They will fill the bus with standbys for the no shows.

You won't be boarding your ship at "Seatac". If your bus doesn't stop at some downtown hotel, then you are going to have to back track. I would just take the Lightrail, which I am assuming you will be packing light and have no mobility limitations. IF you happen to be out of pier 91, you are going to have to get a cab. If at 66, you can walk it if you wish to.

They can make several stops, it will be clearly listed on their schedules. You do need to allow 4 hours.

Does quickshuttle stop at the border and go on, I thought I heard that they stop and stop along the way to pick up passengers, do you know if this is true?

Only a few stops to the border no more than four.

In the summer they have special coaches that also go to the docks to meet the cruise ships and the regulars go to the Airports Vancouver ,Bellingham and Seattle stopping down town also.

There can be delays at the border but that is always worked into the time tables.

As I mentioned before that they have never let me down over several years.

You can phone them up there is a free number on their website Canada/USA use.

Hi there, we are on the same "sold out" cruise, great big covered balcony at the very end of the ship.

On getting to Seattle I have been pondering and working on this for a month. Have done the Quick Shuttle before and try to avoid it at all costs.

Air on Alaska is what we wanted but YVR to Sea is $200. + or - very little on all carriers. However, there were some dicent fairs into Calif from YVR you might look in to them. The Amtrac would be a great way to go but you don't get in to Seattle until after 10pm. We considered spending the day in Vancouver but for the cost of the hotel there you might as well fly to Seattle.

So this is what I finally did which I really didn't want to do to start with. But think it is the best of the alternatives. I reserved a rental car from National at Canada place some of the others are there too. Full sized with full insurance drop off at seatac and we will do a little sightseeing on the way down. Cost total with all taxes and insurance little over one hundred dollars Canadian, slightly more than the Quick Shuttle.

Princess is offering transfers to the airport if you should go that way but I got concerned there very well might be a problem getting out of there with out Princess offering transfers to Seattle. If you do use the shuttle you probably should make reservation SAP.

Hi there, we are on the same "sold out" cruise, great big covered balcony at the very end of the ship.

On getting to Seattle I have been pondering and working on this for a month. Have done the Quick Shuttle before and try to avoid it at all costs.

Air on Alaska is what we wanted but YVR to Sea is $200. + or - very little on all carriers. However, there were some dicent fairs into Calif from YVR you might look in to them. The Amtrac would be a great way to go but you don't get in to Seattle until after 10pm. We considered spending the day in Vancouver but for the cost of the hotel there you might as well fly to Seattle.

So this is what I finally did which I really didn't want to do to start with. But think it is the best of the alternatives. I reserved a rental car from National at Canada place some of the others are there too. Full sized with full insurance drop off at seatac and we will do a little sightseeing on the way down. Cost total with all taxes and insurance little over one hundred dollars Canadian, slightly more than the Quick Shuttle.

Princess is offering transfers to the airport if you should go that way but I got concerned there very well might be a problem getting out of there with out Princess offering transfers to Seattle. If you do use the shuttle you probably should make reservation SAP.

Princess sure is making it complicated for those of us on this coastal cruise from LA to Vancouver by not offering shuttles to SEATAC. :confused:

Thanks for sharing your research with me to consider but after looking at all of them the Quick Coach option appears to be best for us. Since we're staying a few days in WA, the shuttle ($55/pp) to SEA to get a 4 day car rental ($100 total) before flying back to LAX appears to be our best option.

Even though the Quick Coach site shows their summer schedule after 5/8, they said it won't be available until later for booking & they are not accepting any reservations.

We do not have our summer 2011 schedule out yet should have it about March and if you do miss one bus you are able to take the next one.

Another time they said bookings could be made 2 months until 2 days in advance & they now require non-refundable reservations. :(

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us! :D

Princess sure is making it complicated for those of us on this coastal cruise from LA to Vancouver by not offering shuttles to SEATAC. :confused:

Thanks for sharing your research with me to consider but after looking at all of them the Quick Coach option appears to be best for us. Since we're staying a few days in WA, the shuttle ($55/pp) to SEA to get a 4 day car rental ($100 total) before flying back to LAX appears to be our best option.

Even though the Quick Coach site shows their summer schedule after 5/8, they said it won't be available until later for booking & they are not accepting any reservations.

We do not have our summer 2011 schedule out yet should have it about March and if you do miss one bus you are able to take the next one.

Another time they said bookings could be made 2 months until 2 days in advance & they now require non-refundable reservations. :(

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us! :D

Have been using Quickshuttle(QuickCoach) for several years to and from a Princess ship and also for my local shopping over the border because I do not drive. Never once have they let me down.I book on line .If they have alot of bookings to and from the ship they add an extra bus .

WOW...Mille Grazie...a thousand thanks for sharing your helpful info. :D

Despite proof reading my original thread, I neglected to mention it's a coastal cruise from LA to Vancouver.

After researching & considering all of your excellent input, we're planning to use Quick Coach to SEA & get our 4 day rental car ($100) to spend some time in WA before returning to BUR.

Based on their email reply "We do not have our summer 2011 schedule out yet should have it about March and if you do miss one bus you are able to take the next one." we'll eventually make our non-refundable reservation for the shuttle. A big reason for taking the earliest shuttle is that it's an "express" bus showing only a stop in downtown Seattle before SEA on their 2010 schedule to arrive ASAP to get out of Seattle to beat some of the traffic.

Thanks "Budget Queen" for the light rail info which I'll keep for the future when cruising through Seattle. :)

Again...thanks to all of you who took the time to reply to my question & if anyone else has any additional info...thanks. :D

Have been using Quickshuttle(QuickCoach) for several years to and from a Princess ship and also for my local shopping over the border because I do not drive. Never once have they let me down.I book on line .If they have alot of bookings to and from the ship they add an extra bus .

That's great...will book with them after their summer schedule is released in March...thanks.

Archived