Shore excursions Labadee

Was checking out the Dragons Breath Flight line there. Cost is $85.00 for 1 hr. 15 min. Is this just the cost for 1 ride or can you take more. Is there a cost for the coster ride also. Did not see that on the excursions list. Thanks. Will be there in May 2011

your actual zip line ride is about 2 minutes ... probably closer to 60 seconds. That 1hr time is from the time you check in until you are done.

You get fitted for a harness and do a 'pre-zip' on the beach. Then you get on a transport that takes you up the mt. Then you ZIP down .. very quickly ..

and so far as I know, one ticky one ridey

your actual zip line ride is about 2 minutes ... probably closer to 60 seconds. That 1hr time is from the time you check in until you are done.

You get fitted for a harness and do a 'pre-zip' on the beach. Then you get on a transport that takes you up the mt. Then you ZIP down .. very quickly ..

and so far as I know, one ticky one ridey

Thanks for the infromation. Seams like a lot of money for just one ride. I did a zip line in Mexico and that was about 12 lines for less then $100.00.

Just maybe will drink 10 drinks and then zip down the hall way to my cabin.

Thanks for the infromation. Seams like a lot of money for just one ride. I did a zip line in Mexico and that was about 12 lines for less then $100.00.

Just maybe will drink 10 drinks and then zip down the hall way to my cabin.

You can do the zipline on Oasis and Allure for free. :) Much shorter ride but the price is certainly right. The price for the Labadee is pretty much in line with prices for zip lines elsewhere. It is a single line ride from the top to bottom and is similar to the zip line at icy Strait point in Alaska, and not a station to station zip line of the type you experienced in Mexico and that I did in St. Lucia.

It is really up to the individual as to whether or not any excursion is worth the price being charged. That is true of the Dragon's Breath zip line and any other shore excursion offered during a cruise.

It is alot for a very short "thrill"....Labadee's beach day is included in the fare you've already paid....seems silly to pay RCI even more money! Use the beach, enjoy the sun, sand, water and lunch....save your money to spend on a different island/port!

we did the coaster it was $15 i think for the cart so both dh & i did it

it was fun

it is a beach port really nice

we walked around there is a market area with lots of things to buy

some bands where playing it was a fun stop

lots of food!!

It is alot for a very short "thrill"....Labadee's beach day is included in the fare you've already paid....seems silly to pay RCI even more money! Use the beach, enjoy the sun, sand, water and lunch....save your money to spend on a different island/port!

Perhaps that is a decision best left to the individual cruiser and he or she might have a legitimately different opinion than yours. What you consider silly, and that seems to be anything that doesn't especially resonate with you, others might actually enjoy.:rolleyes: Zip lines that are one continuous line and not station to station, are by their very nature short but thrilling rides and the cost at Labadee is not dissimilar from what is being charged elsewhere.

My DH (NEVER one to waste money) did the zipline on Labadee, because where we live in the UK there's nothing similar. He loved it! He was away quite a long time (my DD and I stayed on the beach because I had booked the floating water park for her at the same time).

One tip I would give you is to book the zipline for mid-morning if you can, certainly before lunch, because when we were there the wind suddenly got up and all the afternoon ziplines were cancelled. My DH was among the last to go and I know he'd have been really disappointed not to have done it.

Can't comment on the coaster because it was still being built when we were there.

Enjoy! :)

When we were there last month I was watching the Zip Line It looked awsome. I would have done it but Im a couple lbs over there weight limit:eek:

So I have to wait till next time we go

Seems pretty silly to pay RCI all that money to get a tan when you could go to a booth for about $10.00.

Just got off the Navigator today and did the zipline on labadee...It was great..the scenery alone coming down the 750 foot zip above the ocean was so cool. I took pictures the whole way down. I have done Canopy Ziplines in Alaska and Dominica and they were very good..This is obviously different with being only a baby zip and then the main line, but it was fun, exhilirating and beautiful and well worth the money in my opinion. Was also run very efficiently..we started our excursion at 9am and was done by 10am. Have Fun :)

Just got off the Navigator today and did the zipline on labadee...It was great..the scenery alone coming down the 750 foot zip above the ocean was so cool. I took pictures the whole way down. I have done Canopy Ziplines in Alaska and Dominica and they were very good..This is obviously different with being only a baby zip and then the main line, but it was fun, exhilirating and beautiful and well worth the money in my opinion. Was also run very efficiently..we started our excursion at 9am and was done by 10am. Have Fun :)

How hard was the jolt at the end? My Dad has had open heart (10 years ago) and is wanting to do this. I am being the controlling daughter.....lol. I just want him safe and I am very familiar with what my medical options are and aren't in Haiti. But it is 90 min. from Miami....just weighing his options (for him....because )

Karen

let your father zip away on labadee.....i would be more concerned if he had a back condition because there is a bit of a jolt at the landing but not bad at all. he will have a wonderful time....we saw people of all ages going down......it was a great time :)

So, Labadee's beach day is included in RCI's fare. What all is included in that beach day? Thanks!

So, Labadee's beach day is included in RCI's fare. What all is included in that beach day? Thanks!

Lying in a chair, getting a tan, walking, and food are included. The water park, jet skis, coaster, zip line, drinks all have a cost.

The coaster in March is $19 for one ride (passenger free) then $5 for rides afterward. An all day pass is $40. You can also add the water park (45min) for $10 if you have already purchased a coaster ride.

Anyone know if you can walk up and give them your Seapass to pay for the coaster or do you have to prebook? I am hoping it's like renting mats and you can wait until your there to decided.

BonVoyage

Dawna

What is the port like? Is it safe or are you surrounded by hagglers? My husband and I want to do the zipline even though it's a very expensive thrill. What is there to do after? We ultimately would like to be able to walk to a beach and have lunch is this possible without paying for another 'excursion' and transport?

Hagglers are only located at the "vendor" area. Labadee is a fenced off compound run by RCI. It is very safe and no one will bother you. There is no leaving the compund other than to be transported to the top of the zipline. One you have come down you can walk anywhere in the compound and there is nno need for further transports. You can easily walk to any of the beaches on the lunch areas.

The coaster in March is $19 for one ride (passenger free) then $5 for rides afterward. An all day pass is $40. You can also add the water park (45min) for $10 if you have already purchased a coaster ride.

Anyone know if you can walk up and give them your Seapass to pay for the coaster or do you have to prebook? I am hoping it's like renting mats and you can wait until your there to decided.

BonVoyage

Dawna

You can simply walk up and use your seapass card to pay for the coaster. I did that for myself, my kids and grandkids when we were on Labadee last November. Enjoyed it immensely. Next time, I may try the zip line:)

Archived