Please tell me about Princess' baggage transfer program

fletcher57

Coral, Saw you did a fall foliage on the Crown in 2009. We will be going from NYC to Quebec City this fall. Do you know if lugggage service is available from Quebec City? Thanks

We did Quebec to FLL. Sorry I can't answer your question.

Enjoy your cruise!

We did EZ Check on our last cruise in FLL. It was a breeze. I loved not having to schlepp my bags to a porter then at the airport. As one poster mentioned, you do have to make sure you have all your liquids over 3 oz packed the night before.

Just go to the internet cafe, log onto your airline's website and complete your Online Check-in. It has to be within 24 hrs. of your first flight. All you need is your airline's Record Locater # (combo of 6 letters & numbers). Just realized you asked about luggage tags. They won't print out. You can get those at the airport. Just get in the short lines that are for those that have used the kiosks to check in.

It's best to go earlier in the day or pretty late in the evening to avoid the crowds. When you print the boarding passes, you'll be charged something like .50 a page to your onboard account. :)

I don't know about all airlines, however for AA we only check-in online using our netbook or the Internet Cafe. We don't go through the hassle of printing boarding passes onboard because for AA when using the self service machines at the airport to drop off our luggage it also issues us boarding passes. So we see no need to go through the extra time & effort to print them onboard when it's not necessary to do it...for AA. :)

If you don't have your confirmation code & have a frequent flyer account with that airline, you can sign in to your account to access your reservation to check-in online on most, if not all airlines.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I love EZCheck - you put your luggage out the night before and don't see it until you get home. I have used it in many ports and never had a problem with it. Best $20 I have spent.

Curious if you leave luggage unlocked when put out the night before.

Thanks.

I'm about to find out also. Sailing from FLL and flying Swest in Feb. Used service from San Juan last year and no problems. Southwest is a major player in FLL so I don't see why they would'nt participate.

We arrive back on 01/29 so if no one has answered before then, I will post and let you know.

How do you know which airlines accepts EZ check. I will be flying Delta from Vancouver (the day after my cruise), so, can I still do EZ check even though my flt isn't until the next morning. thx

You must fly the day of the cruise.

You find out all the requirements usually on a 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise.

Edited by Coral

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Crown. EZ Check was the best $20 I spent on the cruise! Here are the airlines that are listed in the paperwork.

From FLL and MIA: Airtran / Alaska / American / Continental / Delta / US AIr / Southwest.

From FLL only: Jet Blue

From MIA only: United

• 6 years later...
We have used EZCheck for our last 2 cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. Love heading to the airport with bags already checked & boarding passes in hand. Works really well especially when there are a lot of ships coming back in that morning - no waiting in line to check baggage. For us, it is $20pp well spent.

I also think it is a wonderful service I have used this service a lot. Your flight has to be leaving after 11:30 am to qualify. WhenI leave the ship I only have my carry on. They also have the boarding passes for you.

I bring a copy of my flight schedules. The Princess Patter will have info about the EZ air in the beginning of the week. So make sure you hand it in on time. They have to make sure your airline participates with the program. When I go to the airport , I just go directly to security.

Sali

Hi, Still gathering info re the Princess Inside Passage cruise from/to Seattle. My potential cabin mate mentioned Princess baggage transfer program today. Could somebody please tell me about that? Could we have our checked baggage transferred from Seatac to the ship if we fly into Seattle the day before the cruise and could we have it transferred from the ship to the airport if we flew out of Seattle the day after the cruise ended?

I don't know what I would do without Cruise Critic. I find this site so absolutely amazing!

TIA. Joyce

If you fly in the night before, but have booked Princess transfers from SeaTac to the pier, you will have the benefit of Princess handling your checked luggage once you return to SeaTac from your hotel near the aiport, and check it with Princess. The place to do that is in the luggage claim area of SeaTac, very close to the exit to the bus transportation area. If you book a hotel near SeaTac ( and there are plenty of options to choose from there) you will need to handle your bags to get to the hotel and back to the airport the next morning, but once you check them in for the transfer to the ship, they will just show up in your stateroom. If you have a returning flight that meets the requirements to use EZ check after the cruise, you will put the tags Princess provides on your luggage the last night of the cruise, put them outside the stateroom, and see them at baggage claim at your home airport. You can do the EZ check coming home, whether or not you use the Princess transfers to the airport, as long as your flights meet their time requirements.

As we get older, and handling our own bags becomes a bit more taxing, the Princess transfers and EZ check are greatly appreciated.

Just a note, this is a 7 year old thread. Things might have changed since then.

Glad to hear they now have EZ Check in Los Angeles as my next cruise is out of that port. Last time we sailed out of there they had no EZ Check.

They didn't have EZ Check from LA in January 2017.

Just go to the internet cafe, log onto your airline's website and complete your Online Check-in. It has to be within 24 hrs. of your first flight. All you need is your airline's Record Locater # (combo of 6 letters & numbers). Just realized you asked about luggage tags. They won't print out. You can get those at the airport. Just get in the short lines that are for those that have used the kiosks to check in.

It's best to go earlier in the day or pretty late in the evening to avoid the crowds. When you print the boarding passes, you'll be charged something like .50 a page to your onboard account. :)

I have never had an issue printing my boarding passes on any Princess cruise, and I have never seen a charge for doing so either.

I have never had an issue printing my boarding passes on any Princess cruise, and I have never seen a charge for doing so either.

Last April on the Crown, there was a Last Day Internet Access promo for those that have no free or purchased internet minutes. It was a Time Plan of 15 minutes for $8.99 that can be used for Check-in for your flight online. Subsequent printing of boarding pass is included. Any remaining minutes can be used until you disembark the ship