Tote bags?

3418ahl

They are nothing special and on Concierge level we got 1 and also 2 big luggage tags. Really too big to use as we have had luggage tags stolen if they were the least attractive.:mad: Sometimes it is wise not to advertise you are a boat person..;)

I got my Oceania tote bag by using "O" points my spouse and I had by the end of my last Oceania cruise, but it took a lot of trivia with trivia expert spouse to accumulate that many! Turned out to be very handy because I used this zippered large bag as my carry-on holding all of my cruise purchases on our flight home!:)

HM-m-m a zippered tote..not for us on Insignia IST to MRS lsdt year!

Hm-m-m-m????:rolleyes:

Did you get yours with O points or in your cabin?

That might be the difference...Pam said they got theirs with points

Did you get yours with O points or in your cabin?

That might be the difference...Pam said they got theirs with points

Yes, there may well be a difference. Because I never have cruised in the class of cabins that automatically gets one, I never have examined one of those.

I definitely agree that it is best not to use this tote while touring from the ship. This sturdy and well-sized bag sure came in handy when I unpacked all my small purchases from their copious wrappings and consolidated them to carry on board for the flight home!

Ours came with the stateroom along with a leather 6"x6" leather wallet type thingy and the 2 leather luggage tags.. In your cruise credential pack will come your colored luggage tags to indicate where your bags should be delivered on board.

Ours came with the stateroom along with a leather 6"x6" leather wallet type thingy.

There is the difference then;)

The one you get in concierge is a tote bag

I suspect Pam's was more of a carry on type bag

They also had a fold up bag with wheels for sale in the gift shop that could be used for a carry-on bag

I usually take a small bag that folds flat on the outbound trip but opened up is great for my purchases on the return trip;)

With the current checked bag fees, I try to pack carefully in my un-expanded bag, making sure I'm several pounds under the weight limit. Then when we fly home, I can pack my purchases in the expanded bag and still be within weight limits. That way I'm within the airlines carry-on restrictions too. The tote is inside my checked bag for later use - it is white and stays cleaner that way too!

This does take a little planning, but we don't usually buy large things, mostly small remembrances for friends. My photos are my main treasure from our travels, and I make sure those are with me inside the cabin when flying!

Thanks for the info, I guess I too will bring my Azamara one, since they really are nice. This is the first line I have been on that does not provide one. Handy for going to the beach. I don't suppose they provide large beach towels to take onshore either.

On Regatta last year in Concierge we did get a nice zippered bag. However there were no nice leather luggage tags. The bag is nice and I do believe that "Oceania" is only printed on one side of the bag. It is a navy bottom with white wide trim on the top. You would have to carry it with the printing to the inside. Then again people in ports would probably recognize it.

On Regatta last year in Concierge we did get a nice zippered bag. However there were no nice leather luggage tags. The bag is nice and I do believe that "Oceania" is only printed on one side of the bag. It is a navy bottom with white wide trim on the top. You would have to carry it with the printing to the inside. Then again people in ports would probably recognize it.

The leather-ish ;) luggage tags came at the end of the cruise as part of Oceania Club materials, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be if you purchased the HAL bag.

OTOH, if you received it from HAL gratis, it might induce O to wonder why have you received one from HAL and why aren't you getting one from O as well (provided you are staying in the same category of cabins)?

It also might indicate to O that you are now switching from HAL to O :)

Okay, my take .... which seems to be a tad different from the few posters before me.

If you are in a category room on O that won't give you a tote bag, by all means bring your HAL bag! I've seen other such tote bags on O cruises and no one thought anything about it!

(Well, I am assuming they didn't ... perhaps because *I* didn't.)

Now, if you will be in a concierge or above cabin -- they will give you one.

I have used my QE2 carry-on on Oceania cruises and it was always delivered to my cabin! So I don't think the crew cares that much ...

Mura

Seriously, do you think that anyone aboard Oceania ships, from FDR all the way to the bottom, believes that everyone on their ship cruises exclusively with Oceania? They would love it, but they are realistic and they know better.

I see no harm in HAL, Princess, QE2 or any other tote bag aboard Oceania.

Who really cares about such nonsense?

Seriously, do you think that anyone aboard Oceania ships, from FDR all the way to the bottom, believes that everyone on their ship cruises exclusively with Oceania? They would love it, but they are realistic and they know better.

I see no harm in HAL, Princess, QE2 or any other tote bag aboard Oceania.

Who really cares about such nonsense?

Amen to that....I keep looking for the "like" button. ;)

Do passengers on cruises really pay attention to what kind of totes other passengers use? I'm amazed.

I certainly can't speak from cruise experience, but I know that my eyes will be looking at the wonderful ship and scenery...not someone else's tote bag.

WHAT??? I agree with Susian. Do we really think that anyone cares what anyone else carries, least of all, the powers that be ? Maybe if I was the "guest" of O (or any other cruise line) I would worry about a logo on my tote bag. Not sure that it would be problem even then, but if I promise to carry only O totes, is there a chance for a free cruise???

Archived