higher C & A level question

tgjr

We did not receive a letter or any type of notice for any of the levels. Our change in level just always showed up on my cruise history within a week or two after the cruise. I believe you are supposed to get lapel pins & luggage tags when you reach diamond but we did not. I know I could have called about it but was not important to me to pursue.

Sherri:)

I reached Diamond in early December. I received a letter the other day from RCCL with a picture of what I would call a temporary ID Card that I could cut out from the letter if I want to. I don't know if at a later time they will mail a "real" membership card. Its nothing I would need to have since my level is in my profile. I have been told by others on CC to expect a D pin in my room when I get onboard Thursday.

We did receive letters after attaining each level. But we did not get luggage tags or pins. I asked about luggage tags a few cruises ago and was advised these are no longer given. However, I have seen posts that some folks still receive these. So the answer is, sometimes you get letters and stuff, and sometimes you don't!

You should have gotten the luggage tags and Diamond Plus pin when you made Diamond Plus. Other pins are in the stateroom when you sail on your first cruise as Platinum or Diamond.

I think it is hit or miss. We had to ask for our D pins at the LA desk, way after we reached it and had no pins from cruises yet. We got our D+ stuff in the mail.

We reached D+ about 2 years ago and never got any kind of recognition from Royal... no pins, no baggage tags, no nothing. Not a big deal, we do enjoy the balcony discounts and the free gift (we usually get a bottle of wine). We do get the chocolate strawberries and cookies and stuff delivered to the cabin.

Tim

We did not receive a letter or any type of notice for any of the levels. Our change in level just always showed up on my cruise history within a week or two after the cruise. I believe you are supposed to get lapel pins & luggage tags when you reach diamond but we did not. I know I could have called about it but was not important to me to pursue.

Sherri:)

We never received a pin after reaching Diamond. As long as they keep giving me my little discount on rooms, I am a happy girl! :p

I never got any recognition becoming Diamond and really didn't care as long as the records reflected it and I got the perks. Then a year or so ago I was gathering up all the pins I have gotten on various cruises to attach to my cruising visor (may as well do something useful with them) and found the platinum pin (or maybe it is gold--it's yellow) and realized I never got a Diamond pin. So I called C&A and told them I never got my pin and they quickly sent it out to me.

Tucker in Texas

We are diamonds and have never received any letter nor pin.

That is strange. I have received every level of pin shortly after attaining the status. I have two each of Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus pins. if it is important to you, call C&A and get them.

I also received the lead-glass Navigator "paper-weight" on my 20th cruise last month. I made sure to ask the Loyalty Ambassador for it while onboard. You now receive those for 20th, 30th, 40th, etc. cruises credits.

Archived