Adjoining cabin cost?

RedbirdFL

My husband, 19-year-old daughter, and I are looking at taking a 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral in May. I'm looking at RCI's Monarch of the Seas and Carnival's Sensation.

On the RCI website, as I click through to check the costs, it looks like two of us would be in one cabin for one price and our daughter would be in an adjoining cabin for a much lower price.

The total for the Royal Caribbean cruise looks like it will be about the same as the Carnival cruise, even though we would be occupying 2 cabins. Does that sound right, or am I looking at it incorrectly?

If you're in 1 cabin, the 3rd passenger DOES pay a "reduced" per person rate....but if a single person is in a cabin, they will pay almost what 2 people would pay....each cabin is based on DOUBLE OCCUPANCY, so they won't be giving her a reduced price by any means!

OK, thanks. That's what I thought, but that wasn't what it looked like from clicking through the booking site. We would have had a nasty surprise had we booked it that way!:eek:

Some RCL short cruises do have a lower solo supplement .. a lot of them do. People telling you that it is always 200%... not true on short RCL cruises, as I have checked them a lot. It may be 0 extra, as one cruise I took a month ago, or reduced.

Carnival is pretty much 99.9% always 200% .. but not so RCL.

Sometimes when you are going through the online booking process with RCL it will show you the adjoining cabin next to you if it is available. It doesn't mean that they are giving it to you, I think they just want to give you that option. Sort of like when you page to your category and it gives you the option to upgrade. The adjoining room was popping up for me when I was making our November reservations also.

Archived