Incident on Sapphire

silkismom

Can't see how asking for a receipt helps. You have to check a printout of your folio and the front desk. They will have all the original charge slips.

I have always looked at getting receipts to prove I DID buy something, not to prove I didn't. lol Checking your shipboard account is the only way to see if there have been any charges added that you didn't make. I guess some keep their receipts to compare to the final bill, but that sounds like an awful lot of work to me.

Checking your shipboard account several times during your voyage can keep things straight and if there is an error it is normally very easily corrected. That is unless like the OP, the charge was made on the last night after you got your print out and did the double check. Then your only option is to stand in line at the customer service desk (the longgggggg line on that final morning) and have the charge removed.

It's time for them to put card readers in the dining rooms & bars like they have in the shops where we sign for purchases & get a receipt. We rarely get a receipt or have to sign for any sort of drink purchases which makes it much more difficult to contest an erroneous folio charge. They take our folio # but sometimes mistakes just happen which need to be corrected.

It happens!

I wasted several hours out of my life on a Princess cruise trying to remove a $120 charge for a haircut in the beauty salon. They pulled the slip and it had MY name on it. Yes, there were two of us on board. It was obviously not my signature on the slip. How it got billed on just a name (and not a cabin or folio number) was questioned, and it took several days to clear up. :(

They used to always run your card and make you sign the receipt, it's only been the last few years that they have stopped that practice. Why, I will never know

I think at one time they said they were eliminating receipts to save on the use of paper.

A better way to save on paper is to give receipts and just have the Spa ads and art auction ads printed on the back instead of sending these ads to the cabins.

I think at one time they said they were eliminating receipts to save on the use of paper.

A better way to save on paper is to give receipts and just have the Spa ads and art auction ads printed on the back instead of sending these ads to the cabins.

I'll 2nd that idea! :eek:

If they use the small receipt paper used in the shops, then they wouldn't have to use those oversized paper ones. :rolleyes:

Errors do happen. The threshold $$ amount of an error in any situation (not only cruises) at which an error is worth considering an issue to waste one's time over it varies for individuals. Yesterday, I ordered an 8-piece Meal + 2 tacos at the local KFC. Came home and found no tacos in the bag. Yes -- it actually happened yesterday. My $2.25 gone! Is it worth to bother myself over it? $20 on a cruise?? One wishes for a perfect world!

Too bad they can't use card readers, but I guess there's too many drink servers to do that.

On our recent cruise, we were checking out our portfolio the last morning (we did check early in the cruise when hubby went to the front desk to put down some cash toward our bill) and I spotted a Mermaid's Tail charge for a little over a hundred dollars. I asked our girl if she treated the whole group of teens to drinks (and she swore on her I Hate Twilight membership card that she didn't), and we were going to go down to the desk when I saw the credit. So whoever sold her a soda messed up inputting the charge and immediately corrected it.

I swear they have always copied our Folio number from our card, and then asked us our room number also:confused:

Since they went to not putting cabin numbers on the cards, we have not been asked our cabin number except when we have had a suite and was entering Sabatinis (for them to check the list for our names.)

On a cruise I was on (not Princess) my card and someone else's was switched. I got my drink and her card and charge. She got her drink with my charge and card.

Fortunately she noticed right away, and it was cleared up.

Moral of the story: Check your card when it's returned to you.

On a cruise I was on (not Princess) my card and someone else's was switched. I got my drink and her card and charge. She got her drink with my charge and card.

Fortunately she noticed right away, and it was cleared up.

Moral of the story: Check your card when it's returned to you.

Something you should also do in any land based restaurant.

Charges have also occurred on our acct while cruising as well. We do check our acct every other day and we save all of our receipts. We reported the error and it was corrected but only after going thru our credit card company.

Archived