Fuel Surcharge

CruisinFromTx

Ok I am reading the fine print for the Holy Land Cruise we are taking in October and it states the following:

"Please note that prices are listed per person, non-air cruise-only and based on double occupancy and do not include Government Fees and Taxes which are subject to change. Princess reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if the fare has already been paid in full. Prices are subject to change based on availability.Stateroom views are considered unobstructed unless noted otherwise. Obstructions do not include certain nautical items like handrails, dividers or ship hardware. For balcony staterooms, the view is determined from the perspective of the balcony railing. Prices shown in USD. Please review Passage Contract for Cancellation Policy."

Oil closed today at over $91 per barrel, do you think they will pull the trigger?

spacer.gif

Ok I am reading the fine print for the Holy Land Cruise we are taking in October and it states the following:

"Please note that prices are listed per person, non-air cruise-only and based on double occupancy and do not include Government Fees and Taxes which are subject to change. Princess reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement of up to $9 per person per day on all passengers if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel, even if the fare has already been paid in full. Prices are subject to change based on availability.Stateroom views are considered unobstructed unless noted otherwise. Obstructions do not include certain nautical items like handrails, dividers or ship hardware. For balcony staterooms, the view is determined from the perspective of the balcony railing. Prices shown in USD. Please review Passage Contract for Cancellation Policy."

Oil closed today at over $91 per barrel, do you think they will pull the trigger?

spacer.gif

while the economy is still in the toilet, no. dont worry it has been above $70 for a while and you arent the first to inquire about it.

spacer.gif

Hope not...no word about it happening anytime soon; maybe after recently posting some big profits they won't consider the fuel surcharge since their business is doing so well without it.

SHHHHH...don't give them any ideas...lol. :D

Personally, I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop (reinstating the fuel surcharge). I think it is inevitable. Just keep one thing in mind, they can add the additional fuel surcharge even after you make final payment (long after cancellation is possible without penalty), so if you plan to book, I would do so with the understanding that it could possibly cost you more before things are said and done. I hope I am wrong, but I really think oil prices are going to keep climbing to the point they won't have any choice in the matter but to add them to all bookings. :(

I think it'll be just like airline baggage fees or airline ticket price increases...as soon as one breaks ranks and implements, all the others will follow suit....so it won't matter if Princess is first or last...as soon as one does, the all will...of course my opinions are as useful as a trailer hitch on a Yugo.....just sayin' ;)

I guess honesty is a bad policy. Consider me properly chastised.

Princess isn't going to impose a fuel surcharge because of anything said here. It will all have to do with their profit margin and the price of fuel. :p Some members, it seems, are a little overly superstitious! lol

Not all Carnival Corp lines are created equally, Cunard had quietly re-instituted the fuel fee this past May. At the time it was $3.85 per person/per day not to exceed $154 per person/per voyage. At the end of December, Cunard announced that they will be increasing the fuel charge by $2.15. The new supplement fee will be $6 per person/per day, not to exceed $200 per person/per voyage.

Harvey

Archived