Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

Amenities are so personal. I have a friend who was in a GS on a cruise I was on as well (no suite, Gold level). She was so excited because she got priority departure, but I found out later....we were 30 miles down the road before she even got off the ship! But maybe it felt good to her to sit in the priority lounge (she's not stuck-up so I don't know her reasons, really). I just know I went down and sat with the cattle call, didn't get anywhere near the front of the line, and still got off an hour before she did (maybe she wasn't in a hurry....)

Am i the only one who is mad bc i lost priority departure. As Platnium we had priority departure this past Monday...or at least i thought we did as we disembarked with the Diamond members, and now it says that u dont get that until Diamond. RCCL.com says I have 69 points but does not list the cruise i just returned from this past Monday. I am wondering if those points will get awarded the old way or new way. I have to wait 2 weeks to see those points. Either way , one more cruise and i will be diamond. :)

There is a schedule (but I forget where I saw it) of what dates each ship's sailing comes under the new rules. Basically, any cruise that starts after today is under the new rules. Your sailing should add one "old" credit and then that should be converted. At least, that's how I understand it.

I said I can live with it, but only because nothing else really applied. We were due to make diamond after our Oct cruise but the way it's been calculated, we will be 9 points short and have emerald status instead which really doesn't mean anything. It's like they stuck it in there to make people feel like they achieved something, but it's really nothing. Oh well, we'll keep cruising and hopefully they won't change it again before we hit Diamond.:rolleyes:

Totally bummed with the new plan. We were going to be Diamond members next year for our 20th wedding anniversary cruise and now we won't be a Diamond for another couple of years. We even booked a suite for our back to back this year so that we would be Diamond for our anniversary. It would have been fine if they had not added the Emerald tier, which is a glorified Platinum level with a gift. We love RCL and can only go on one cruise a year, so this is a real let down.

Not to mention the fact that we had to move our vacation because they chartered the entire ship, Liberty of the Seas for our second leg of our cruise in December and was forced to delay our vacation 10 days.

I was hoping they'd give double credit to solo cruisers like Princess does. I pay twice as much per person so why not get some benefit from that. I just took my first Princess cruise and got two credits. Pretty cool and I'll be platinum after 3 cruises with them and Elite after 8.

I'll finally be Platinum on RCI next month, but it will take forever to get to Diamond. Emerald seems kind of worthless to me.

Since all but one of my cruises on RCCL are as a solo, I was hoping that they would follow Princess's lead. I emailed C&A a while ago about it, but of course only got their canned response about changes to C&A. They haven't shown in any way that I know of that they value solo cruises. I know they lose out on the revenue that a second person booked in my cabin might spend onboard, but I definitely do my share of onboard spending!

I also agree with your statement about Emerald being worthless. I really don't see the point to it. (I'm now Emerald.) The only difference that I see between it and Platinum is the "welcome gift/amenity" and the priority waitlist for dining room preference. Doesn't seem to merit the creation of a new tier. My thought is that they felt they had to create a new tier since they moved the bar up for obtaining Diamond. If you took all 7 day cruises in a regular cabin, you would need to take 2 more cruises to obtain Diamond now then you did under the old system. On the positive side for me, under the old system and I believe under the new system, I'm one cruise away from Diamond. I would say that with more confidence if they had already credited my recent 9-day cruise, but it doesn't yet show up.

I am dissappointed that most of this was not explained first as to how the conversion was decided. Too many people in the know here posting "from the horses mouth" conversions. RCCL should have stated first....Everyone is grandfathered at your current status to start with as a starting point, and then we took your old credits and mulitiplied by 7. Then maybe so many would not be upset. I sure was very early this morning but came upon the first site on here where a poster had the formula. So then I look at how many nites we actually sailed and in suites and yes we are further away from making diamond + than before but we will get there and I greatly appreciate the help from several posters in the explanations. I sure felt better after that. I wish they had not taken away the xtra credit for longer cruises.

Hi -- Diamonds (by a cruise) we were and Diamonds we still are. And it will be a very long time before we're + anything because we are those Florida weekend cruisers. We are like many on the weekend cruises, parents. We cruise on the weekend because that's when our kindergartner can cruise with us. (At not-quite 6 he is a Diamond too) Many of you go on 12 night cruises because you can; we go on two 3-night cruises and a 4-nighter because that's what we can fit in -- with a 7-nighter every few years. I'd like to think it all evens out. We just came back Monday from the Radiance out of Tampa; (weekend, MLK Day and two teacher work days -- that's how we float) I guess those points will be converted, right?

We're headed out on the Oasis on May 28 (two days after school gets out) for a 7-nighter. It will be nice to still be welcomed in the Diamond lounge.

Platinum did have priority disembark.

I think they had access to the priorty deporture lounge and most times the loyalty ambassador let them go with the diamonds and diamond plus. At least that's what they always told us on the ships we sailed on (and it made since because there ways no practical way in the lounge to tell who was what level).

I went on a 4 day cruise last week, and when I got off that cruise it would have been #10 and therefore I would have been diamond before I went on my Allure cruise next month. The credit for that cruise has still not posted, customer service says the computers were swamped with the changes to be made. When I logged in I was Emerald, with 76 points, 4 points shy of Diamond. At first I was a little upset, but when I spoke to a Crown & Anchor rep he explained that when my 4 day cruise is posted I will still be Diamond. By the way, the C&A reps were very patient and professional, although I can imagine they were getting a lot of flack.

So if that is the case, then they did a great job on ensuring no one lost benefits. I actually only had 55 points, but they converted me over at the 76. I actually think it will be fairer to get credits for each day, since under the old system I had gotten the same 1 credit for a 10 day cruise as I did for a 4 day cruise. I can't imagine the new system won't impact the 3 and 4 days cruises, since many of us in Florida went on the older ships that do the 4 dayers as a trade off to get the credit. They will really have to offer me an incredible deal under the new system.

I'll be anxiously checking my credits to be sure that my last cruise posts and I receive my Diamond status.

I am platinum with 8 cruise credits and booked for EOS in april in a grand suite. Was expecting to go to Diamond after this cruise. Now I will be "1" point short afterwards...What a crock:mad:

Same exact thing happened to us. My phone calls to C&A have not provided positive results either. I guess we'll be at Emerald for a couple of cruises. :(

Do not see that changes affect me either way. I was hoping that RCL would fix their program and give credit for cruises on any of their owned lines. Bottom line is that if the stockholder is getting value from purchases on Celebrity or Azamara, why shouldn't Crown & Anchor.

I enjoy Royal but Crown & Anchor level will not have any impact on which line I sail with. If one wishes to go upscale, they can look at Oceania, etc. instead of Azamara. RCL's loss in my book.

Not a very good poll, as the options are biased. Clearly, the poster is in favour of the changes...

Really?

REALLY?????

There are eight choices.

Four are positive.

Four are not.

SHEESH.

Start your own &%#%^&* poll. :mad:

Regarding this, just did a quick check, and there have been 20 voters so far, yet there are already 21 votes for the 4 positive categories before! Is it any question what the outcome of the vote will be (even though not everyone can be satisfied)? Mugabe would be impressed!

And just what is it that you believe hangs in the balance, depending on these results?

SHEESH again.

This is an internet message board ABOUT CRUISING.

It's not the jury in a capital murder trial.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Don't vote in it. Don't post on it.

Start your own thread.

Start your own poll.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And just what is it that you believe hangs in the balance, depending on these results?

SHEESH again.

This is an internet message board ABOUT CRUISING.

It's not the jury in a capital murder trial.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Don't vote in it. Don't post on it.

Start your own thread.

Start your own poll.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The_Big_D is entitled to his question so please don't be too upset:eek:

Am I missing something or did they de-tune Diamond Plus and the new higher level (Pinnacle?)to the same happy hour benefits as the Diamonds! No free mixed drinks no free beer?:eek:

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

This is saying Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members can attend the Diamond Event if they wish. If they do attend this venue then they will get what is offered. Now if the ship has no CL than yes, that is the best they can do!

D+ and PC still have access to the CL with free mixed drinks etc.

I am curious about people who are on a cruise right this minute but that sailed before this morning...or what about RCCL ships that docked either yesterday or today? Did the pax that disembarked yesterday get their "cruise credit" (to be converted via the formula) and did the pax that disembarked first thing this morning get credit for "nights sailed"? (I realize they won't be posted for up to 14 days, but I wonder how they are handling that....?)

I took a cruise that ended this past Monday, and it hasn't yet shown on my credits. Per C&A today, I will receive the credit for it under the new system of cruise points based on nights sailed. That said, given the frequently incorrect information that individuals seem to get from C&A, I'm looking forward to seeing how it's actually credited once it is credited. I'm fortunate because either way, I remain one cruise away from the next level just like I would have been had they not made any changes.

Archived