Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

We have done 13 cruises with RCL and are booked for #14 in Sept but have never gotten a crystal block. How does one go about getting one of those? Are those one of the perks that folks do not get any more? Or do you have to know someone to get them?

The first crystal block was given on the cruise you completed 20 cruise credits under the old system. We got one on our last cruise but had to ask the Loyalty Rep twice before we got it. I don't know how the new system affects that or if they will even be giving them anymore.

And just what is it that you believe hangs in the balance, depending on these results?

SHEESH again.

This is an internet message board ABOUT CRUISING.

It's not the jury in a capital murder trial.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Don't vote in it. Don't post on it.

Start your own thread.

Start your own poll.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Carol,

To know you, is to LOVE you !!!!! Tell'em girl!

I am platinum with 8 cruise credits and booked for EOS in april in a grand suite. Was expecting to go to Diamond after this cruise. Now I will be "1" point short afterwards...What a crock:mad:

If you had 8 cruise credits, you now have 69 cruise points.

You need 83 cruise points to be Diamond.

You need 14 cruise points to get there.

If your Explorer (Enchantment?) cruise is at least 7 nights, you will be Diamond after it.

The_Big_D is entitled to his question so please don't be too upset:eek:

And I am allowed to vent at an asinine post.

Not poster. Not a personal attack. THE POST is what I object to. ;) :D

And I'm calmer now.

I didn't realize that this thread had morphed into 14 pages?!?!?!?! :eek:

The first crystal block was given on the cruise you completed 20 cruise credits under the old system. We got one on our last cruise but had to ask the Loyalty Rep twice before we got it. I don't know how the new system affects that or if they will even be giving them anymore.

Yes, they will continue to give them out. It is on the Members Benefits page on the rccl.com site.

I've been on Majesty many times and have always enjoyed the ship and found the staff to be the friendliest I've experienced. If my opinions come across as anti Florida cruisers I assure you that's not the intent. If I lived in So. Florida I'd be cruising every other weekend. Not for some credit obsession but because I love cruising. :)

I so agree with you! If Monarch were still in LA, she'd still be my vacation home. I never cruised on her with the thought of advancing in the C&A hierarchy. I cruised on her because of her awesome crew and the way they always made us feel like, well, royalty. I even grew to love Ensenada and the day spa we discovered.

Do not see that changes affect me either way. I was hoping that RCL would fix their program and give credit for cruises on any of their owned lines. Bottom line is that if the stockholder is getting value from purchases on Celebrity or Azamara, why shouldn't Crown & Anchor.

I enjoy Royal but Crown & Anchor level will not have any impact on which line I sail with. If one wishes to go upscale, they can look at Oceania, etc. instead of Azamara. RCL's loss in my book.

I don't know of a cruise corporation that gives credit across all their lines. Carnival's lines will enroll you in their programs, but won't match your level the way RCI does.

I so agree with you! If Monarch were still in LA, she'd still be my vacation home. I never cruised on her with the thought of advancing in the C&A hierarchy. I cruised on her because of her awesome crew and the way they always made us feel like, well, royalty. I even grew to love Ensenada and the day spa we discovered.

I don't know of a cruise corporation that gives credit across all their lines. Carnival's lines will enroll you in their programs, but won't match your level the way RCI does.

Hey CC....Like you, we were on the Monarch quite often and knew many of the crew....very embarassing when you bring friends on board and many of the bartenders start yelling your name out and everyone at the bar is looking at you like What the.....Who are these guys...Oh well.

Wish us luck....Next weekend we are trying out the Paradise....No thanks to RCCL...but like you...I am a fan of Ensenada...it is no way like TJ and there are many fun spots if you know where to go. I will try my best not to like it...but being 25 minutes up the PCH to LB is going to be the clincher. Yes we will still fly to where ever we need to for a RCL ship...but the weekend money will be going to carnival.....maybe even will try the Splendor...just love the west coast of mexico....NO FEARS!!!!

Mike

Meh. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Works out the same for us. Nothing to complain about or jump for joy about. What RCI has managed to do is decrease the value of short cruises which for us makes little difference. We typically do longer cruises so I looked at the changes and shrugged my shoulders. If I was one of those people who lived near a port and was taking short cruises to get my level up I could see where I would feel slighted I guess.

I am ok with the new point system as my 29th cruise history added up to 216 points. But what I am unhappy about is the change to the Crystal Block award. I was do to get my first Crystal Block on the Jewel of the Seas next month because it would have been my 30 cruise. Called D+ and they said that the blocks are only given out at 140, 210 and 280 points. Since I have pasted the 140 and 210 they are not retroactive and I will not be getting my block. :( :mad:

We also are stock holders and do not get anything for that, not even a dividend.

I earned at least two of the blocks and now will not get any and it doesn't seem fair to me. I worked hard to obtain the cruise history and points. We taken many longer trips since we live so far from any ports and have to fly in. That brings up the cost which stops us from going more often.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Still Loyal to Royal but want my Jewel Crystal Block that is owed to me.

What I need help Undersatnding is what are we on Royal Now ?

We have 6 points with Royal Old System and 24 points on Celebrity ( celebrity regular points like old system with RCCL)? We were Diamond on Royal When we cruised before due to Status on Celebrity

Thanks for any help

Where did you find this on RCCL? This is what I'm trying to find...thier search function sucks! :rolleyes:
You will need to login to your C&A account. Go to Crown and Anchor tab, click Special Offers, click Onboard Booking Bonus. You can only see your level of discounts, not all levels.

Where did you find this on RCCL? This is what I'm trying to find...thier search function sucks! :rolleyes:

Maybe we all can help out here..........find your level chart and post it...:) and then we can have them all in one place again..

I took a cruise that ended this past Monday, and it hasn't yet shown on my credits. Per C&A today, I will receive the credit for it under the new system of cruise points based on nights sailed. That said, given the frequently incorrect information that individuals seem to get from C&A, I'm looking forward to seeing how it's actually credited once it is credited.

When you finally get the answer in real life :), would you mind posting it here? Not that it's an emergency or anything - my next cruise is in a week, and I am certain that it will be under the new system, but as a CPA, I am always curious how they go about figuring those things and making changes in an already-moving system.

I was one cruise away from Platinum before the new system, and I am one cruise away from Platinum now, so in two weeks, I'll be platinum. That and a few dollars will get me a cup of coffee after I get off the ship :D because most of the perk stuff isn't of interest to me anyway. I'm ok with balcony and internet discounts though. :D

All in all, the change was no big deal. Perks never were the reason we cruise anyway. (anyone know what I can do with a dozen extra DCL beach bags?) Our level didn't change, we'll make the next level on the same cruise we would have under the old system, so no harm, no foul.

Maybe we all can help out here..........find your level chart and post it...:) and then we can have them all in one place again..

I am currently Emerald, but will be Diamond on the Allure in a CP balcony so I want to verify the balcony discount. I was told $225, but I'd like to see the chart because for some reason the live chat agents don't give me the warm fuzzies:rolleyes:

I am currently Emerald, but will be Diamond on the Allure in a CP balcony so I want to verify the balcony discount. I was told $225, but I'd like to see the chart because for some reason the live chat agents don't give me the warm fuzzies:rolleyes:

We're in the same boat. When we go online to the C&A site, it will only display the discounts for our current level. It looks like the credit goes up by $25 for each tier, but now there's no way to see the next level. If anyone knows how to display the tables for all the levels, like the old system, it would be great.

What I need help Undersatnding is what are we on Royal Now ?

We have 6 points with Royal Old System and 24 points on Celebrity ( celebrity regular points like old system with RCCL)? We were Diamond on Royal When we cruised before due to Status on Celebrity

Thanks for any help

Ok figured it out we have 54 credits with Royal so Diamond becuse of our status on Celebrity

Ok figured it out we have 54 credits with Royal so Diamond becuse of our status on Celebrity

No - you can't combine your points between the 2. If you are elite on Celebrity you will be recognized as Diamond in Royal - that's all. If you have 6 cruise credits with royal then you will have 42 cruise points under the new system.

What I really like about the changes is that the complimentary upgrade to a suite no longer gets you more credits. You get the upgrade (and all the perks that go along with it) but unless you pay for a suite you will receive only one credit per night instead of two (assuming that you were in a category lower than a suite when booking).

Just speculating here...do you think this is designed to deter the 3 and 4 night cruisers that might book an inside and get a bump into a suite or is that such a small population that is really wouldn't matter ...?

When you finally get the answer in real life :), would you mind posting it here? Not that it's an emergency or anything - my next cruise is in a week, and I am certain that it will be under the new system, but as a CPA, I am always curious how they go about figuring those things and making changes in an already-moving system.

I was one cruise away from Platinum before the new system, and I am one cruise away from Platinum now, so in two weeks, I'll be platinum. That and a few dollars will get me a cup of coffee after I get off the ship :D because most of the perk stuff isn't of interest to me anyway. I'm ok with balcony and internet discounts though. :D

I will post here and let you know how it was credited once it shows up.

Yes, I like the changes! I think it's more realistic and fair to every cruiser.

I always thought it wasn't fair that a three night cruise would get you the same credits as an 11 night cruise.

Most of our cruises have been seven days or longer, some 13 and 14 nights, but of course, living in Florida, and very close to Port Canaveral, we also have some 4 night cruises in the mix. Having said that, we never cruise for the points, or the perks (although the perks are great, and appreciated:D) we cruise because we love to!

When DH was still working, we could only do one, at most two a year (we don't really care for the week-end cruises). Since DH retired, we've been able to cruise more. ----If it was up to me, we would cruise a lot more:) ...... but, I don't think we'll ever reach pinnacle, and if we do, we'll be so old it might not be fun anymore. But it will sure be fun trying:D:D

Archived