Update: A Closer Look at Changes to Royal Caribbean's Cruise Loyalty Program

LauraS

We only ate in the MDR once. :o

There are so many wonderful things to see and do on the Oasis that we were literally too busy to eat in the MDR.

Let's see............

Chops

Giovanni's Table

Izumi

snacking on the boardwalk and café promenade

too full from lunch at Giovanni's Table to eat dinner

Vintages

I know what you mean. It's just that we're sailing with my DH's family( all 11 of them) And I think they might not be too happy if we didn't sit with them. But we are at least going to do a couple :)

Thanks Again

Liz

You and anyone else who are only getting 7 points for longer cruises should absolutely contest their points. There was one person posting earlier who now has less points than the nights they actually sailed which is nuts.

No formula is going to work for everyone but there has to be some exceptions made for people who took longer cruises but only got one cruise credit for them under the old credit system.

Amen to that.....33 Nights Sailed in (3) Total Cruises = 22 Points at Conversion for a current C & A Member. The added kicker is that a brand New C & A Member who Sails 33 Nights in (3) Cruises will get 33 Points.

The new system is much better (number of nights + suite-bonus). The conversion however seems to be making waves ;-)

The much mentioned diamond conversion (credits x 7 +13 = points) corresponds to my result 10credits --> 83points. We had many bonus credits (4) which were al converted to 7 night cruises in this formula so we ended up a couple of credits ahead as opposed to the situation had RCCL had these new rules in place since when i started cruising. But that is not relevant.

The formulas (i think they differ per tier you had under the credits) were without a doubt created to make sure no one went down a tier. Sure I had less nights but i had the points. I was low-diamond and now I am still low-diamond. Thats what people should be looking at, are you approximately where you were in relation to the tier above and below. People who are expecting RCCL to recalculate OLD cruises (not credits) to NEW points based on the NEW 'number-of-nights-rules' do not understand the meaning of 'conversion'.

RCCL is not correcting its old system but migrating to a new one.

Word of warning, if you are flying home make sure you pack the block in your carry on luggage. For some reason they sometimes appear as a solid black object like a BOMB when going through TSA x-ray.

True. Last fall my wife received a Waterford crysta bud vase as a thank you for an event she coordinated, and we were pulled aside at the airport and carry-on emptied because on the x-ray machine, it looked just like a mortar shell

So, we are 216 now, does that mean we get one on the next ship? We missed the 20 credits........to get one when they changed the rules. Or did we miss it again?

I'm sorry Dayle. I lied...you did lose something in the conversion. :o The 29 credit people did miss out on their crystal blocks. I hope Crown & Anchor might do something to rectify that in the future. :cool:

Someone else reported that they called C&A to ask that very question.

The answer given was that you are S.O.L.

You have to hit the number dead on.

Now you won't get one until the cruise which gives you your 280th cruise point.

:(

OK, missed it again!!...............less problem now on how to get it home!:D

Thanks!:)

True. Last fall my wife received a Waterford crysta bud vase as a thank you for an event she coordinated, and we were pulled aside at the airport and carry-on emptied because on the x-ray machine, it looked just like a mortar shell

We bought a Murano glass cat in Venice a few years ago and it showed up as a solid black cat in every xray. Fortunately the Italians laughed every time we showed it to them.:D

Crystal block??? What is it??? Do I have to call someone??? We will hit 140 on our next cruise.

We have 23 cruise credits with RCL and only need 1 more cruise to make +. With points we still just need one cruise to make it to +. We have taken seven 10 or 11 cruises and no they did not convert their extra days but I don't expect them too. I am exactly where I was before the change (which I am glad to see) and will happily live with their "NEW" program.

Now about this crystal block. I have never heard of this before and would love to know what it is -- besides a block of crystal that is hard to get through TSA and screening. Could someone please explain more about it? When do you normally receive one? 140 points, so we should have had one by now. Someone said they were glad it was the Oasis for theirs....... Does it have the ship and sail date on it? Any info is appreciated.

We have 23 cruise credits with RCL and only need 1 more cruise to make +. With points we still just need one cruise to make it to +. We have taken seven 10 or 11 cruises and no they did not convert their extra days but I don't expect them too. I am exactly where I was before the change (which I am glad to see) and will happily live with their "NEW" program.

Now about this crystal block. I have never heard of this before and would love to know what it is -- besides a block of crystal that is hard to get through TSA and screening. Could someone please explain more about it? When do you normally receive one? 140 points, so we should have had one by now. Someone said they were glad it was the Oasis for theirs....... Does it have the ship and sail date on it? Any info is appreciated.

Hi,

I was the one questioning about the crystal block. As far as I know you receive one at a certain cruise level or now points. I believe the first one starts at 140 points and so on. It's a crystal block with the ship etched in it. Not sure about the sail date. So which ever ship you are on at that point level you receive one.

I was just so excited because it happens to fall on our Oasis cruise.

Hope this helps

Liz

Yes, that does explain quite a bit. I wonder when they started doing this since I am even a stockholder and have never heard of this perk. From what I understand (if I have read correctly) the first one comes at the 20th cruise (old point system). Too bad because that would have been the 11 night we took to the Canal. That would have been sweet. ;)

Yes, that does explain quite a bit. I wonder when they started doing this since I am even a stockholder and have never heard of this perk. From what I understand (if I have read correctly) the first one comes at the 20th cruise (old point system). Too bad because that would have been the 11 night we took to the Canal. That would have been sweet. ;)

Darn! But it looks like you may be pretty close to the next level. Sorry but I don't remember the exact numbers.

Liz

Darn! But it looks like you may be pretty close to the next level. Sorry but I don't remember the exact numbers.

Liz

The blocks used to be given starting at the 30th cruise credit, and every 10th cruise credit thereafter. When the major C&A changes came out last year, they changed the first block to start at the 20th cruise credit. With the most recent change to C&A (changing to cruise points), the first block is given at 140 cruise points, and every 70 points thereafter. So, basically the same as it was if you assume 7 cruise points per cruise credit.

Archived