Update: A Closer Look at Changes to Royal Caribbean's Cruise Loyalty Program

LauraS

Please, someone post this info, if/when it is available to challenge the number of days credited. Thanks in advance

All it says right now is if the numbers don't match, call the C&A Desk. I'd give it a week to weed the I*&^ts out of the queue, then call with the correct count.

I'm a little skeptical that they will make changes unless they missed a cruise in your history. There was never a guarantee of how any conversion would work and, unless your result does not fit into their model, you are probably out of luck. Keep in mind, the formulas and calculations posted here are what people have figured out - they are not the official conversion method.

Those who expected to get the exact number of days they would have had if the new system of days (plus double for suites) are most likely to be disappointed. We lost 4 days but kept our level, which was the major concern I had.

Good luck.

I'm a little skeptical that they will make changes unless they missed a cruise in your history. There was never a guarantee of how any conversion would work and, unless your result does not fit into their model, you are probably out of luck. Keep in mind, the formulas and calculations posted here are what people have figured out - they are not the official conversion method.

Those who expected to get the exact number of days they would have had if the new system of days (plus double for suites) are most likely to be disappointed. We lost 4 days but kept our level, which was the major concern I had.

Good luck.

Just called C&A desk and you are right, seems we are out of luck. They are simply taking the number of credits x 7 + 13 and that's what you get, period. She said they had to go into all 5 million accts (not my problem) and that proved to be the fairest way to do everyone. Even after I pointed out it seemed many more people got extra days and some of their most loyal members did not get all their credit due (for over typical 7 nighters), it was pretty much sorry, that's the way it is and us going to be. Then I get the pep talk about how those longer cruises now will really be more beneficial from here on out....please! Thing is, we sailed those extra nights (taking into account for over and under 7), paid for the extra nights and spend extra money on those extra nights and really should be given credit for them. Now that is fair! The added 13 does not make up for the missing days and is why others came out ahead of actual days sailed, imho. If there isn't many of us in this category, why can't they go in and fix it? Not their problem I guess....thanks for letting me vent. Evening y'all!

The only thing I have a problem with is only receiving 7 nights credit for my 8,9,10,11 and 15 night cruises.............

I hear you and fully agree. Posted a reply on another Link, i.e. Too bad that a bit more "extra credit" wasn't given at Conversion based on the previous number of nights sailed.

The way I see it is that as a current C & A member, my (3) 11 Night Cruises at Conversion = 22 Points. If someone joins (becomes) C & A after Conversion and takes (3) 11 Night Cruises, they will be at 33 Points :confused:

Just called C&A desk and you are right, seems we are out of luck. They are simply taking the number of credits x 7 + 13 and that's what you get, period. She said they had to go into all 5 million accts (not my problem) and that proved to be the fairest way to do everyone. Even after I pointed out it seemed many more people got extra days and some of their most loyal members did not get all their credit due (for over typical 7 nighters), it was pretty much sorry, that's the way it is and us going to be. Then I get the pep talk about how those longer cruises now will really be more beneficial from here on out....please! Thing is, we sailed those extra nights (taking into account for over and under 7), paid for the extra nights and spend extra money on those extra nights and really should be given credit for them. Now that is fair! The added 13 does not make up for the missing days and is why others came out ahead of actual days sailed, imho. If there isn't many of us in this category, why can't they go in and fix it? Not their problem I guess....thanks for letting me vent. Evening y'all!

The change went into effect on the 21st. Today is the 22nd. As I said before, give it a week or so to shake out all the kinks and cranks, and then plead your case. Being the 2,000th caller in 24 hours to bitch about the changes probably isn't going to elicit a rational conversation from someone who is just figuring this out themselves - and who also is probably the week-end (who the heck did I P%%% off to get this crummy schedule) backfill CSA.

The change went into effect on the 21st. Today is the 22nd. As I said before, give it a week or so to shake out all the kinks and cranks, and then plead your case. Being the 2,000th caller in 24 hours to bitch about the changes probably isn't going to elicit a rational conversation from someone who is just figuring this out themselves - and who also is probably the week-end (who the heck did I P%%% off to get this crummy schedule) backfill CSA.

LOL Here's another thing to think about. The upgrade fairy sprinkles her magically dust by way of the telephone to selected folks daily. And they are not always D+ Members. These folks not only got a credit for their cruise but they got an extra credit for the upgrade.

So, when C&A thought up this formula, or whatever it is they want to call it, those credits "given" to people for their upgrades were also figured in when they did the conversion from credits to points.:rolleyes: Now, to me that is not a fair and balanced way of doing things. Gosh, now I sound like Nancy Grace!!:eek:

Let me emphasize to those reading this that did get upgrades............I have absolutely no beef with anyone who was lucky enough to get a call from the upgrade fairy. My beef is with RCI and C&A and whoever it was that thought up this unrealistic way of converting credits to points.

What am I missing:confused: I looked at my cruise points and they are there. Do I need to calculate my own:confused:

It also says that D+ with more than 100 cruise points will be Pinnacle. Did anyone else see that? I have way more than 100 cruise points but will be six foot under before I reach 700:eek:

LOL Here's another thing to think about. The upgrade fairy sprinkles her magically dust by way of the telephone to selected folks daily. And they are not always D+ Members. These folks not only got a credit for their cruise but they got an extra credit for the upgrade.

So, when C&A thought up this formula, or whatever it is they want to call it, those credits "given" to people for their upgrades were also figured in when they did the conversion from credits to points.:rolleyes: Now, to me that is not a fair and balanced way of doing things. Gosh, now I sound like Nancy Grace!!:eek:

Patti- Everyone I have met in the CL who were upgraded were shocked to be upgraded to Grand Suites and above. For most, it was their first or second cruise. I am sure it made them very attracted to RC for future cruises though;)

What am I missing:confused: I looked at my cruise points and they are there. Do I need to calculate my own:confused:

It also says that D+ with more than 100 cruise points will be Pinnacle. Did anyone else see that? I have way more than 100 cruise points but will be six foot under before I reach 700:eek:

Anyone who had 100 cruise credits or more prior to the conversion was invited to the Pinnacle Club........not points.

Your cruise credits were converted to points.

Let me emphasize to those reading this that did get upgrades............I have absolutely no beef with anyone who was lucky enough to get a call from the upgrade fairy. My beef is with RCI and C&A and whoever it was that thought up this unrealistic way of converting credits to points.

You and anyone else who are only getting 7 points for longer cruises should absolutely contest their points. There was one person posting earlier who now has less points than the nights they actually sailed which is nuts.

No formula is going to work for everyone but there has to be some exceptions made for people who took longer cruises but only got one cruise credit for them under the old credit system.

You and anyone else who are only getting 7 points for longer cruises should absolutely contest their points. There was one person posting earlier who now has less points than the nights they actually sailed which is nuts.

No formula is going to work for everyone but there has to be some exceptions made for people who took longer cruises but only got one cruise credit for them under the old credit system.

Would you like to be my Campaign Manager?;)

I think it is useless as someone did call C&A today that is in the same situation as we are and got no satisfaction. They were told it is the way it is and they aren't going to budge.

I do love and appreciate all the new enhancements including the welcome aboard gift and the fact that both my husband and I can order an amenity. But what I especially like is that all of our upcoming cruises, as well as everyone else's cruises will count as points.

We said before that not everyone would be happy.........never thinking I would be one of those folks.:o But, they had to do what they had to do. Will get those 78 points back eventually!

Hi,

I am presently at 139 points and will be sailing on the Oasis in May. Will I be able to get a crystal block for that sailing which will bring me up to over the 140 mark:confused:

TIA

Liz

Yes, you will get your first crystal block on the Oasis. :)

From the fine print on the Benefits page it stays...........

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".

i have 146 cruise points according to the royal calculations. i never got any glass block. last cruise was on allure in december.guess i have to wait till 210 cruise points which is far in the future. any suggestions.

Hi carol,

Thank you soooo much for that answer:D Yay! Do I go the the Loyalty ambassador for it or is it something they mail to you?

Thanks again

Liz

Before you leave, call C&A and advise them that you are to receive your crystal block on Oasis. Once on board high tail it to the LA's desk (hours will be listed in the Daily Cruise Compass) and remind her/him that you are earning your crystal block on this sailing. Congratulations.:)

Word of warning, if you are flying home make sure you pack the block in your carry on luggage. For some reason they sometimes appear as a solid black object like a BOMB when going through TSA x-ray.

Hi carol,

Thank you soooo much for that answer:D Yay! Do I go the the Loyalty ambassador for it or is it something they mail to you?

Thanks again

Liz

The Loyalty Ambassador may have it delivered to your cabin.

Or you should feel free to drop by his/her desk and ask!

Enjoy that Oasis block!

:)

i have 146 cruise points according to the royal calculations. i never got any glass block. last cruise was on allure in december.guess i have to wait till 210 cruise points which is far in the future. any suggestions.

So, we are 216 now, does that mean we get one on the next ship? We missed the 20 credits........to get one when they changed the rules. Or did we miss it again?

The Loyalty Ambassador may have it delivered to your cabin.

Or you should feel free to drop by his/her desk and ask!

Enjoy that Oasis block!

:)

Thank you:D

I can't believe of all the ships I'll be able to my first crystal block on the Oasis.

Take Care

Liz

P.S. A little off topic but I see you have been on the Oasis so I was wondering if there are any nights less desirable in the MDR that I should book a specialty restaurant? Thanks for your help. We're doing Eastern if that matters.

Before you leave, call C&A and advise them that you are to receive your crystal block on Oasis. Once on board high tail it to the LA's desk (hours will be listed in the Daily Cruise Compass) and remind her/him that you are earning your crystal block on this sailing. Congratulations.:)

Word of warning, if you are flying home make sure you pack the block in your carry on luggage. For some reason they sometimes appear as a solid black object like a BOMB when going through TSA x-ray.

I put mine in my checked bag.

No problem.

When I *did* put one in a carry-on, I was pulled aside for a vigorous and "robust" (;)) hand-search, because, as you said, the lead crystal block shows up as a metal block.

Thank you. I am so excited seeing that my very first crystal block will be from the Oasis:D Do I call the regular C & A number or is there a seperate number for Diamond members. Or will they just note it on my reservation?

We drive to Florida:eek:. Hate flying so no worries there.

Thanks again for your help

Liz

Thank you:D

I can't believe of all the ships I'll be able to my first crystal block on the Oasis.

Take Care

Liz

P.S. A little off topic but I see you have been on the Oasis so I was wondering if there are any nights less desirable in the MDR that I should book a specialty restaurant? Thanks for your help. We're doing Eastern if that matters.

We only ate in the MDR once. :o

There are so many wonderful things to see and do on the Oasis that we were literally too busy to eat in the MDR.

Let's see............

Chops

Giovanni's Table

Izumi

snacking on the boardwalk and café promenade

too full from lunch at Giovanni's Table to eat dinner

Vintages

Thank you. I am so excited seeing that my very first crystal block will be from the Oasis:D Do I call the regular C & A number or is there a seperate number for Diamond members. Or will they just note it on my reservation?

We drive to Florida:eek:. Hate flying so no worries there.

Thanks again for your help

Liz

Just call the regular number 1-800-526-9723

So, we are 216 now, does that mean we get one on the next ship? We missed the 20 credits........to get one when they changed the rules. Or did we miss it again?

Someone else reported that they called C&A to ask that very question.

The answer given was that you are S.O.L.

You have to hit the number dead on.

Now you won't get one until the cruise which gives you your 280th cruise point.

:(

Archived