Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

I am surprised about the #'s of D+. It does seem like everyone posting on CC is at that level (except me). I was shocked when I was on the Monarch at the return party that they said there only around 50 platinum, 30 Diamond and 20 Diamond Plus. Seemed like a very low # to me especially as it was the first cruise date for the Dec Diamond Event and with so many High Tier folks living in Florida, figured there would be more.

There were 10 :eek: D+ on my Navigator NYE cruise.

Hi Cindy! I remember cruising with you on the Mariner last year. We talked about Brugge being one of my favorite cities, and you telling me that where you lived was even more beautiful. I look forward to a return visit to your country one day in the future.

The count, given to me by Royal Caribbean, is that 163 Pinnacle badges (name pins) are being made.

Rick

Many of those 163 are in "pairs", i.e., married couples. It puts the numbers slightly more in perspective, I think.

I do not mean to minimize their "achievement" at all, just stating a fact.

:)

I hope that you are all healed up and better VERY SOON, Rick!

Just wondering. Is there such a thing as an equivalent "Pinnacle stock holder" of RCI stock--someone who owns a really high percentage of shares of RCI stock. Does such a person get special benefits too?

The whole thing about being a stockholder is actually rather mystifying.

You do not do Royal Caribbean any favors by owning their stock.

But all of the really large stockholders are funds. Individual stockholders possess a very tiny percentage of the shares.

It's going to take me 34 more points to get to Diamond +, so by the time I could reach Pinnacle, I'd be so old, you could just put me on a lounge chair, hand me a mojito and TELL me I'm on a cruise, and I'd believe you! :D

Edited by IBookHePays

Super Mario is a pinnacle 4 times over.

Very close. I think that he is just under 2700 points!! That's a bunch, and the highest of anyone that has cruised with Royal Caribbean.

With Mario....it would almost be easier to just count his cruises!!:D:D

Rick

No, not all of his cruises were 7 day. He has done numerous short 3--4 day cruises.

You are correct Patti, as I have cruised with Mario on the Majesty. I'm not trying to debate glcoop, as I think that Mario is at or about 385 plus cruises x 7 equals 2695 and then add 13 would be 2708 cruise points.

It would take 2800 plus cruise points to be 4 times Pinnacle.;)

Rick

You are correct Patti, as I have cruised with Mario on the Majesty. I'm not trying to debate glcoop, as I think that Mario is at or about 385 plus cruises x 7 equals 2695 and then add 13 would be 2708 cruise points.

It would take 2800 plus cruise points to be 4 times Pinnacle.;)

Rick

Guess he has far more cruise experience than a LOT of the deck officers. :eek:

Seem like it would be far easier to accrue such a volume of nights on a ship doing partial and full RTW cruises.

I wonder is any RCCL cruisers can help us find a couple we met on Grand Princess in October 2010.

They are called Cindy and Jim.

We believe that they are in the top 10 of most days at sea with RCCL.

They were a great couple and we were meant to catch up on the last night, but events overtook us, and we were disappointed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Matthew & Lorraine

I too am surprised. I thought that number would be much higher...Just from reading threads about some cruises where the majority of folks were D+.

Thanks for starting this thread..Interesting info!

Seems like D+ is always expressed with a lot of Pride.

Dave...I'm in drydock! Had shoulder sugery for a rotator cuff on Wednesday, so will be laid up for awhile.

So your DD wants the pin and different colored seapass??? Royal Caribbean might make some changes beyond that as far as new perks go, but right now, that is what the Pinnacle Club gets you!!;)

Rick

Heal well and don't overlook the benefits of the PT. Good luck.

Just wondering. Is there such a thing as an equivalent "Pinnacle stock holder" of RCI stock--someone who owns a really high percentage of shares of RCI stock. Does such a person get special benefits too?

He should, as I doubt he has made much on the stock:D

I calculated it a few years ago based on stock prices over prior five years and the Stock Holder OBC was about all that anyone gained. Now that you can not combine OBCs, would not be too optimistic myself. MHO of course which is probably worth even less - Ha Ha Ha.

Edited by dennbr9

As a diamond+ member, I am also surprised that that level is that low. However my last couple of cruises we were the ones with the highest level of cruises, so it could be right. I never considered myself that high on the food chain, but guess I was wrong. We have not sailed much with RCI lately as they yanked the ship and runs we like from the local area. (Texas). The tough times and higher cost of the larger ships have sent us to other lines for now. I miss RCI though and perhaps one day will get back on board.

Many of those 163 are in "pairs", i.e., married couples. It puts the numbers slightly more in perspective, I think.

I do not mean to minimize their "achievement" at all, just stating a fact.

:)

k!

I wonder how many of these are not with us any more and are enjoying that eternal free cruise? I know of one person and no doubt will still be registered with crown and anchor and therefore will be included in their count. Kimberley

• 1 month later...
Diamond Plus has 5500 members

Total Crown & Anchor Society Membership: Almost 6 million

D+ = .09% of all members

Pinnacle = .003% of all members

So if you are D+ or Pinnacle, the bottom line is you are the "creme de la creme" of cruisers with RCL. Rightfully so, you deserve the best benefits because you are the top cruisers.

Congrats to all that fall in that category!

Also, remember the the members on CC are skewed towards the higher levels of cruising because they are so passionate about cruising. In the real world, (if there are about 6 million members) 5.995 million people fall below the D+ category.

Well said!

Fun facts!

LOL there is something kind of humorous about congratulating someone on their hard work at having accomplished the great achievement of having endured soooooo many cruises they have reached top concierge level. It's tough duty I bet ;)

As a consumer I'd absolutely love those extra perks and think it's neat some people get to enjoy them! I can't quite imagine holding those who have been fortunate to be financially comfortable enough and in flexible enough life styles in hero mode though. Seems a bit much. ;)

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

Fun facts!

LOL there is something kind of humorous about congratulating someone on their hard work at having accomplished the great achievement of having endured soooooo many cruises they have reached top concierge level. It's tough duty I bet ;)

As a consumer I'd absolutely love those extra perks and think it's neat some people get to enjoy them! I can't quite imagine holding those who have been fortunate to be financially comfortable enough and in flexible enough life styles in hero mode though. Seems a bit much. ;)

Saying "congratulations" hardly equates to calling someone a hero, or implying that they have accomplished something distasteful or difficult.

Don't you congratulate someone on the birth of a grandchild?