Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

Around 500.

I believe that as of January 1, 2014 there are approx. 600 PC Members, or so that is what I was told.

...which is about what I thought.

I asked Nuno this question on the Liberty this week. He said that there were about 300. I pressed him a bit, but he was quite certain.

:rolleyes:

Patti, I think you were quite right, as I heard just a week ago that there now are about 670 plus PC members.

The club continues to grow!!:)

Rick

My guess would actually be that the Pinnacle Level has a flat or negative growth rate.

If you consider the demographics of Pinnacles, it would seem likely that more are leaving the ranks due to age, infirmaty and death than are coming onto the roles.

I would also guess that it takes RCCL years to actually remove a person since deaths will not necessarily be reported to the line.

My guess would actually be that the Pinnacle Level has a flat or negative growth rate.

If you consider the demographics of Pinnacles, it would seem likely that more are leaving the ranks due to age, infirmaty and death than are coming onto the roles.

I would also guess that it takes RCCL years to actually remove a person since deaths will not necessarily be reported to the line.

I think that the demographics work against you, just given the fact that people are living longer and healthier.

Nuno on the Liberty told me that there is an 11 year old Pinnacle.

I have heard - I think that we all have heard this - that Pinnacle, among the levels, is NOT achievable through family status, but only by sailing the right number of nights/cruises. (except for spouses. i.e., kids NO)

Apparently, this couple made SUCH a stink that the kid was given P status to shut them up. (MY words, not Nuno's ;))

Not sure of the number but 600+ sounds about right. I do know that this board's moderator, Kewlguy, just reached Pinnacle level a few weeks back Congratulations Tony.:)

Tony has been around for some time, before he became a moderator on CC. Congratulations Kewlguy............nice to have you with us!

Rick

Nuno on the Liberty told me that there is an 11 year old Pinnacle.

I have heard - I think that we all have heard this - that Pinnacle, among the levels, is NOT achievable through family status, but only by sailing the right number of nights/cruises. (except for spouses. i.e., kids NO)

Apparently, this couple made SUCH a stink that the kid was given P status to shut them up. (MY words, not Nuno's ;))

She must be a whiz at ping pong to have Goldstein allow that!!:D

I think that the demographics work against you, just given the fact that people are living longer and healthier.

Yes, people are living longer BUT RCCL's statistics are not accurate since those who stop cruising for a variety of reasons (including death) are not removed for years, if ever.

Yes, people are living longer BUT RCCL's statistics are not accurate since those who stop cruising for a variety of reasons (including death) are not removed for years, if ever.

And you know this with a certainty? I haven't seen RCI publish any statistics about their C&A member numbers, so I can't vouch for their accuracy, but I still doubt that the death rate is such that it exceeds the numbers of new members added each year and since the number of cruisers on all lines continues to grow, the number of people who stop cruising for whatever reason is very likely to be much smaller than the number of new cruisers added each year.

Regardless, I am not sure what point you are trying to make? Are you claiming that the number of cruisers is actually declining each year and that RCI is artificially inflating their numbers?:confused:

Here are a couple of facts that we do know.

As recently as a couple of years ago teir were only 400 Pinnacle members. Today there are upwards of 600.

That is an over 50% increase. The numbers seem to be increasing at a fairly rapid rate and I seriously doubt that over 200 members have stopped cruising for whatever reason.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I think Pinnacle started out at around 200 folks; the last statistics I heard before this thread were around 400 people and now there are more than 600 Pinnacles.

Patti, I think you were quite right, as I heard just a week ago that there now are about 670 plus PC members.

The club continues to grow!!:)

Rick

that's all????? I would have thought a lot more given the number that we keep meeting and know!

WOW!