Who has reached Pinnacle Club status on C&A?

LOL nor can I imagine equating it to the birth of a child!!

Nor am I doing so. I thought that we were talking about the meaning of the word "congratulate".

con·grat·u·late

verb \kən-ˈgra-chə-ˌlāt, -ˈgra-jə-\

con·grat·u·lat·edcon·grat·u·lat·ing

Definition of CONGRATULATE

transitive verb

1 archaic : to express sympathetic pleasure at (an event)

2 : to express vicarious pleasure to (a person) on the occasion of success or good fortune <graciously congratulated the winner>; also : to feel pleased with <congratulating herself for a job well done>

3 obsolete : salute, greet

— con·grat·u·la·tor \-ˌlā-tər\ noun

— con·grat·u·la·to·ry \-lə-ˌtȯr-ē\ adjective

See congratulate defined for English-language learners »

Examples of CONGRATULATE

1. I'd like to congratulate you on your success.

2. She congratulated us on our test results.

3. She congratulated herself for getting the best grade in her class.

Origin of CONGRATULATE

Latin congratulatus, past participle of congratulari to wish joy, from com- + gratulari to wish joy, from gratus pleasing — more at grace

First Known Use: 1539

Related to CONGRATULATE

Synonyms: compliment, felicitate, hug

Related Words: applaud, cheer, commend, hail, salute; extol (also extoll), glorify, laud, praise

Near Antonyms: bad-mouth, belittle, cry down, decry, deprecate, depreciate, diminish, discount, disparage, minimize, put down, write off; jeer, mock, ridicule, taunt, tease

Heal well and don't overlook the benefits of the PT. Good luck.

Thanks........and having an excellent therapist.....I now have total range motion......and I'm very thankful for that. Next week starts active participation........and I'm looking forward to a full recovery within the next month.

Then we head to Hawaii on Princess.

Hate to do it........but I don't see a Royal Caribbean ship on the West Coast at all, until they start sailing out of Seattle and Vancouver for Alaska.

I'll tell you that the suites are not layed out nearly as well as Royal Caribbean, but we will see how this trip pans out.

There are many that are now cruising with Princess to the Mexican Riviera, as well as Hawaii.

Frankly, RCCL does not care......as they have sent everything overseas.

I wish them well, and hope someday that they come back, as they have the best ships that sail the 7 seas.:)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Thanks........and having an excellent therapist.....I now have total range motion......and I'm very thankful for that. Next week starts active participation........and I'm looking forward to a full recovery within the next month.

Hate to do it........but I don't see a Royal Caribbean ship on the West Coast at all, until they start sailing out of Seattle and Vancouver for Alaska.

I'll tell you that the suites are not layed out nearly as well as Royal Caribbean, but we will see how this trip pans out.

There are many that are now cruising with Princess to the Mexican Riviera, as well as Hawaii.

I wish them well, and hope someday that they come back, as they have the best ships that sail the 7 seas.:)

Rick

Ah, Rick, you and Bobbie can walk down memory lane.......to where it all began...........on a Princess ship.

;)

:D

I wonder how many of these are not with us any more and are enjoying that eternal free cruise? I know of one person and no doubt will still be registered with crown and anchor and therefore will be included in their count. Kimberley

HI Kimberley,

How the bear doing?

Due to a conflict we can't take the Adventure this year so say hi to everyone for us.

Harp

Rick

Hey Rick.....Hope you and Bobbi have a blast on your cruise....we tried several years ago to do a RT on the Radiance....27 days before we were leaving....Mom took a turn for the worse so we cancelled....so this trip is still on our bucket list...but the TA we are on later this year is going to be a blast for us.....I am planning on claiming the flow rider as mine....ok, might have to fight some of those little old ladies for dibs...ha ha ha.

Glad to see your doing better....heading to your neck of the woods in 2 weeks to see our beloved Angels in spring ball...Saturday in Tempe then over to the new complex in your town...Scottsdale... that house the Rockies who the Angels are playing and the D-Backs that share the stadium. Staying over in the Biltmore area. Have fun cruising and I am a backer of yours to get a ship back to the WC. We did do the Carnival Paradise a month ago....not bad.....somehow we were invited into thier interupation of the CL....we just sat there and for an hour the waiter just kept bringing tray after tray of drinks....I think I had more on that cruise then any CL I have been in.

Tell Bobbi hi and hope to cruise with you guys again...talk to on CC

From the lovely and beautiful Palm Springs CA...a good nite from us.

Mike

Did any of you actually find out what the count is for Diamond, Emerald, and Platinum? I wonder why they added Emerald, but did not add anything in between Diamond/Diamond+ and Diamond+/Pinnacle?

new-point-structure-chart.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

Sorry, I guess what I meant was the number of Diamond members, Emerald members, etc. I saw earlier in the thread that C&A was 6 million. That Pinnacle had 163 and D+ was 5500. Was really curious about the other tiers.

There is little difference between Emerald and Platinum in benefits. I was wondering why they created it....

They were implying that there were too many diamond members when they started cutting benefits. I was wondering how many was too many.

And if you were going to create more tiers, why not between Diamond to Diamond plus? That is a huge gap compared to platinum to diamond.

I wonder what the odds of being on a cruise with Pinnacle members would be. We were on a cruise last September with the famed "Super Mario". Oh, he was on Allure with us also. He cruises almost continuously. I'm certain he is a Pinnacle member.
We had two Pinnacle couples on our recent FOS cruise.

HI Kimberley,

How the bear doing?

Due to a conflict we can't take the Adventure this year so say hi to everyone for us.

Harp

Hi Harp Pudsey is doing really well. We took him on the Jewel in January. He has also been to Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand. He is off to New York in a few weeks time. My daughter is cabin crew and he is flying with her. I know he is also spending time in the States with different people. Hopefully we can get some more sponsorship money. We are going to miss you both on the Adventure. Take care Kimberley

We cruised with a Pinnacle couple on Radiance in Nov. In fact, it was their 100th cruise credit on that cruise (they were doing B2B at least - 4/5 nighters). So they certainly had some shorter cruises. And it looks like they took them just in time as the 100 credits would have automatically given them the 700 they would need for Pinnacle with the way RCI did the conversion. A really, really nice couple......... :)

• 1 year later...
Dave...I'm in drydock! Had shoulder sugery for a rotator cuff on Wednesday, so will be laid up for awhile.

Rick

Ouch, that hurts.

I had a torn rotator cuff and it was excrutiatingly painful. I just noticed the date of your post, so I am curious: how is your shoulder now--9-10 months after the surgery? (I didn't have surgery--only a partial tear)

Ouch, that hurts.

I had a torn rotator cuff and it was excrutiatingly painful. I just noticed the date of your post, so I am curious: how is your shoulder now--9-10 months after the surgery? (I didn't have surgery--only a partial tear)

I cannot believe that this thread re appeared.

My shoulder that had surgery......my right shoulder, has, when the climatic conditions are right..........less than 10 percent pain, so let's say, pain free.

My left shoulder, is now giving me grief, but not enough to have anything but a cortizone injection about once a year.

Thanks for re reading and asking. I bet that there are many out there that have the same thing that I have, or had.

All I can say is this. If you need surgery, get the best, and then follow up with physical therapy........and stay with a program after you think you are done. This has helped me more than anything else, because, if we kept our body in shape, much of this would not happen to us.

Cindy.........we want to come visit you in the Spring of 2013.:)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

I could be wrong I thought I read one of his posts a long time ago that he said he only took a couple of cruises that was a few days.

I hate how old threads get brought back. That's what happens when people run searches. Searching is often a bad idea.

I thought Rick was having more shoulder surgery, too.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

And regarding Pinnacle.....the numbers have grown.

One of our favorites, cruisenfever, just celebrated Pinnacle, and I believe that they are within the first 250 people to have achieved that goal. And I'm thinking that I'm high, but I have heard others mention 200 plus.

And I will also guess that Diamond Plus is nearing 10,000, or better.

Unfortlunately, the concierges are getting crowded again.....need I say more!

Rick

I hate how old threads get brought back. That's what happens when people run searches. Searching is often a bad idea.

I thought Rick was having more shoulder surgery, too.

Gina

Gina...............not me!:) Miss you two!

Rick

Gina...............not me!:) Miss you two!

Rick

I was wondering why there were so few pinnacles, too. I thought there were around 300 now.

This is the new get together and visit thread. ;)

I'm glad you are OK. At least I think you are. Is your shoulder back to normal?

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I was wondering why there were so few pinnacles, too. I thought there were around 300 now.

This is the new get together and visit thread. ;)

I'm glad you are OK. At least I think you are. Is your shoulder back to normal?

Gina

I think that we will get a better feel for that in December, where the Diamonds and up are cruising, and I can reach out for someone in C&A to give us a number.

You sure could be right with the number of 300. Crazy as it sounds, I get one number from a cruiser that is in the top 5, and another number from a cruiser that is in the top 50.

And, I have no clue as to where we are........and really don't care. I cruise to be with friends, and the numbers are now lost!

And yes, my shoulder that was operated on, is totally back to normal.

I'm off in the morning for Dallas for a convention..........so will probably be mum till Sunday!:D

Rick