Welcome aboard gift?

I just got "upgraded" to the new Emerald class. One of the special benefits is a welcome aboard gift that you can pre-select on the C&A members site. Believe it or not, the choices are water, apple, orange or pink grapefruit juice, or diet or regular cola. That's it! Oh, and only one gift per household, so my DW gets nothing.

I feel so special!! Thanks RCI for the very generous recognition of my new status.

I just got "upgraded" to the new Emerald class. One of the special benefits is a welcome aboard gift that you can pre-select on the C&A members site. Believe it or not, the choices are water, apple, orange or pink grapefruit juice, or diet or regular cola. That's it! Oh, and only one gift per household, so my DW gets nothing.

I feel so special!! Thanks RCI for the very generous recognition of my new status.

You know, they aren't required to give you anything. How about a little appreciation? The welcome basket is more than just the drink. It includes three different types of snacks. And, I believe, that your wife will get the drink of her choice too. If you're cruising for the perks, you may want to find another vacation. Whatever they give you is just icing on the cake. Be thankful for the icing.

Oh, and only one gift per household, so my DW gets nothing.

A good husband would share with his wife. ;)

You're blessed enough to be able to cruise, period. Next time, why don't you give it to your next-door neighbor who may be cruising for the first time. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

While I agree that it is pretty humorous, RCI is really in a lose-lose situation here. If they completely eliminate gifts, people complain, if they give out gifts such as the hats and bags, people complain, and now if they give out juice, people complain. LOL

I don't cruise for the free gifts, but I did like the old hats, bags, etc.

I'm not saying that I expect some extravagant gift basket or a bottle of champagne, and I certainly don't book with RCI for the freebies. I just think it's comical and (perhaps a bit insulting) that someone in the organization convinced someone else that a $0.50 drink is an appropriate token of their appreciation for my repeat patronage and loyalty.

By the way, I chose the water.

I'm not saying that I expect some extravagant gift basket or a bottle of champagne, and I certainly don't book with RCI for the freebies. I just think it's comical and (perhaps a bit insulting) that someone in the organization convinced someone else that a $0.50 drink is an appropriate token of their appreciation for my repeat patronage and loyalty.

By the way, I chose the water.

As has already been pointed out to you, the welcome gift is a basket. It is a pre-set basket; your only choice is the accompanying beverage.

180745_1788055416936_1106073379_32022325_6371830_n.jpg

Okay I have to this... I think the basket is a nice touch. Much better then the gifts of hats, bags etc. But I think they should give a drink to everyone in the cabin or not at all. I is funny to get ONE can of soda to share.. I mean, think about it.. :D. A really nice basket, and one drink for two plus people?

:rolleyes:

Okay I have to this... I think the basket is a nice touch. Much better then the gifts of hats, bags etc. But I think they should give a drink to everyone in the cabin or not at all. I is funny to get ONE can of soda to share.. I mean, think about it.. :D. A really nice basket, and one drink for two plus people?

No, you will get two cans of whatever you select.

I believe that I read in another thread on this topic, that it may be one basket per cabin of C&A-eligible mates, but there will be two drinks. (this person called the D+ desk for the information).

The great question hanging in the air is: Must it be two of the same drink, or can spouses get one juice and one coke, for instance?

(I don't mean to upset you, Jonah, but D & D+ can get alcohol as a choice ;))

Actually, you ALSO get a gift basket with one sweet treat, one salty treat, and one fruit. PLUS your choice of beverage.

Personally, I would prefer to enjoy my vacation, rather than whine about what is or isn't offered.

I believe only D+ gets alcohol as a choice.

I only had the water/juice options available, which im very grateful for! Its the thought that counts! :)

I believe that I read in another thread on this topic, that it may be one basket per cabin of C&A-eligible mates, but there will be two drinks. (this person called the D+ desk for the information).

The great question hanging in the air is: Must it be two of the same drink, or can spouses get one juice and one coke, for instance?

Here's the quote from the gift selection page: "One gift amenity per household. House brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory."

I suppose I can share the water with my wife. She'll owe me one!

From the C&A benefits page:

"Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will receive a pre-selected welcome gift basket on day one of their sailing. The pre-selected gift basket will consist of one sweet, one salty and one fruit snack which will be placed in the guest's stateroom. The guest will also be able to go online to http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/UpgradePreferences or call one of our Loyalty Representatives (http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/ContactLoyalty) in their local offices to pre-select from a list of beverages to be included with their Welcome Basket. One beverage can be selected per guest 18 years of age or older. Preferences must be entered or updated for your upcoming cruise vacation up to 5 days before a US based sailing and 7 days for an internationally based sailing. The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water, juice and soda items. In addition to the previous list Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will be able to select certain beers, a house red wine, house white wine or house sparkling wine. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom. House alcoholic brands may be substituted or changed upon available inventory".

As has already been pointed out to you, the welcome gift is a basket. It is a pre-set basket; your only choice is the accompanying beverage.

180745_1788055416936_1106073379_32022325_6371830_n.jpg

Forgive this but we have different 'food' over here so I don't really recognise what is in the basked (or the brand names):o

So the white things to the left - what are they - guessing they are the 'sweet'?.

Then there is a lump of Gouda cheese and some biscuits (crackers).

What are the orangey and cream coloured lumpy things at the top?

And a bag of mixed nuts?

Once again forgive this question if it seems obvious to you guys!;)

We are on the Serenade now, and of coarse were in transit Friday when everything hit the fan. But this basket was in our cabin, and contains Gouda cheese and crackers, a package of deluxe mixed nuts, dried fruit bits and a package of shortbread As it was there on the 22nd, we did not get to choose the beverage so Evian was selected. We did select from the "alcoholic" beverage selection for the 29th sailing though.

And according to the LA onboard now, she doesn't have a clue what the "Bonus Gift for Members over 350 points" is - so I guess they will surprise us!

Forgive this but we have different 'food' over here so I don't really recognise what is in the basked (or the brand names):o

So the white things to the left - what are they - guessing they are the 'sweet'?.

Then there is a lump of Gouda cheese and some biscuits (crackers).

What are the orangey and cream coloured lumpy things at the top?

And a bag of mixed nuts?

The orangey and cream colored lumpy things are dried fruit! :)

Once again forgive this question if it seems obvious to you guys!;)

I'd like to say I'm grateful for any gesture on the cruiseline's part to give us anything extra!

I am Diamond and we do not get a choice of alcohol with our basket. That's only Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. I just made my selection of drink for my upcoming cruise and there was no alcohol on the drink list.

I'd much rather have this nice basket than another hat.

There we go again. It is FREE. How can you complain about it? Don’t like – Don't order the beverage and just ignore the basket. To be honest I am amazed that RCCL is going to the expense.

The basket looks very nice and I believe from what I’ve read on the RCCL site and here on the boards that there is one basket per cabin and then every in the cabin gets to select a beverage from a predetermined list. (I did learn that the wine is one of those single serve bottles, which makes sense).

M

Awww...that's a cute little basket. We like nummies! :)

Will enjoy along with my pre-selected bottle of water next month on the Radiance.

Though I still can't figure out why everyone goes bonkers for added little nut/fruit/etc. plates that are a "gift". No flaming here, as I will enjoy the nice touch, but the best thing that we enjoy before dinner is to ask room service for a cheese plate of which I always tip my room service person. It is a really nice plate! All you have to do is ask.

Just got off Radiance,we had gift basket,two bottles of wine,cheese and cookie platters each day. Not bad

What kind of wine did you choose? It say's a choice of house white, red or sparkling...I'd like to try the sparkling but it's not an option on the pull down choices online..

Archived