Monarch: Superior Ocean View Obstructed View

SECdawg

Does anyone know what the obstruction is on MOS deck 9 for the SOV rooms?

it is basically the girders/such for the life boats. Trust me, we have been on Monarch enough to tell you the obstrution is no big deal. you might see a beam ouside your window, but you can still see what is out there

I agree with Karena1. Even if you have a lifeboat in your view, you can still see the ocean. Might not be a perfect view, but you can see.

Even if there is an obstruction, natural daylight coming in through the porthole/window is nicer than an inside cabin with all artificial light. IMHO.

Had to add this picture that someone else just took from Monarch. Shows the view from a cabin on deck 8. You can clearly see between the lifeboats. One deck up and you would see the top of the lifeboats.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182583&d=1296334834

There was a website that showed pictures people posted of their rooms. If I can find the link, I'll add it to this post.

that is not a good picture above either. looks to be between 2 life boats. our cabin was over a boat so you looked straight out over it. much better view than the picture above. some have much better views and i cant imagine the view would be any worse than that.

If it's anything like the Majesty (in which I've heard they're basically the same), these are our pics of the Superior Ocean View room's view we had on deck 9 this past summer. Still did the job. We were in room 9522.

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

I still miss looking out the window to see our view every morning after we'd wake up.

Looking out of those windows is NOT the optimal way to view the ocean...it's a view, but not much of one. You'll want to go to an open, public deck for REAL viewing. You'll get natural light thru your window...that's what it's for...not great for spending any kind of time....so don't worry too much about it!

Archived