Shuttle pick up time for Sapphire Princess?

aloisia

Hi,

I am booking a private car to transport our family back to LAX from San Pedro & was asked what time we would like the car.

Good question...:rolleyes: I'm not sure.

We have a 1:30PM flight back to Canada. Wouldn't think we have to rush off?

Could someone please offer their thoughts?

Thanks!

9:30am-9:45am would be a good time. Those with independent transportation are disembarked by deck, with the highest decks disembarking first. So, your actual disembarkation time would be determined by that. If you are Elite, you can set your own time but otherwise, your disembarkation time would be set by the ship. After our Sapphire cruise a couple of weeks ago, we would have disembarked at 9:35am if we weren't Elite.

We were on the Jan 15-22 cruise on the Sapphire and asked for our shuttle to pick us up at 10:00. We are platinum and were on the Caribe deck. Things must have gotten behind schedule that day, as we were 45 minutes late getting off. Luckily, the shuttle had no trouble accommodating us. However, you might want to find out in advance if they are willing to wait for you, if this happens on your sailing.

Thanks Pam for the quick reply!

I have enjoyed reading your posts very much.

Another question... we are taking my father on this cruise for his 80th birthday celebration. Used the search and found ideas for birthdays - but also read you can ask the CD for an officer to present a bottle of champagne (we'd pay for that of course) & perhaps a card signed by the captain? Wow... for my father, that would be a highlight. :)

Have you ever heard of this?

Thanks again.

Another question... we are taking my father on this cruise for his 80th birthday celebration. Used the search and found ideas for birthdays - but also read you can ask the CD for an officer to present a bottle of champagne (we'd pay for that of course) & perhaps a card signed by the captain? Wow... for my father, that would be a highlight. :)

I haven't heard of this but as the saying goes, "If you don't ask, you don't get." On the Sapphire, the problem is finding the CD, if it's Lee Childers, as he is never around and doesn't acknowledge, or respond to, requests. :( At least, that was our experience. Ask for Trent at the Passenger Services Desk. He was wonderful in helping us arrange for my brother-in-law's ashes to be distributed earlier this month.

• 1 month later...

Pam...thanks so much for posting that disembarkation schedule. Is it always the same? We're on the Sapphire April 23-30 and debating Princess transfers vs Super Shuttle. We're platinum and I see 3 tiers of platinum times for independent arrangements, but I'm not sure what determines which tier we'd be assigned if we go that route. Our flight leaves at 1:25pm and we certainly don't want to be late. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Thanks Pam for the quick reply!

I have enjoyed reading your posts very much.

Thanks again.

Put your request in writing, and give it to the Princess Circle Host, or the Purser's desk people, first day.

On our first Princess cruise, I had a card addressed to the captain, requesting a bridge visit for my DH. It was granted (and, later, cancelled, due to the ship going "Code Red" for disease. All tours were cancelled).

Never hurts to ask!

Pam...thanks so much for posting that disembarkation schedule. Is it always the same? We're on the Sapphire April 23-30 and debating Princess transfers vs Super Shuttle. We're platinum and I see 3 tiers of platinum times for independent arrangements, but I'm not sure what determines which tier we'd be assigned if we go that route. Our flight leaves at 1:25pm and we certainly don't want to be late. Any suggestions? Anyone?

If you have booked a Princess transfer, you will receive a form in the cabin asking for the flight time. Based on that, you will be assigned a disembarkation time. If you feel it is too late, you can request an earlier time if one exists for the Princess xfer.

FYI, I just scanned the departure schedule from the Sapphire a couple of weeks ago. It might be hard to see.

Disembark%20Times%202.jpg

If you look at he top of the graphic - it says it is not a departure time but a meeting time at the appropriate lounge.

On both of our cruises in December/January - the times were 30-45 minutes past the listed time as the real departure time.

Archived