best hotels near Ft. Lauderdale port

FLUFFLULA

We are looking for a hotel in a safe area of Ft. Lauderdale that is reasonably priced for the night before our cruise. We'd like to be close to the port but a safe area with restaurants nearby (walking distance preferably) is most important. I've read about vandalism at some hotels and not knowing the area, choosing one is difficult.

Thanks for any suggestions!:)

We have stayed many times at the Embassy Suites both pre and post cruise.

It is also within walking distance of lots of restaurants. The Harbor Shops are right behind it -- lots of stores and restaurants there -- also a Publix to pick up any last minute items or things that you may have forgotten. If you are allowed to take wine on your ship -- Total Wine is great for that.

We have cruised many times from Port Everglades and stayed at many different hotels. Holiday Inns, Comfort Inns, Hilton, Embassy etc but one of the best was the Hyatt North. Excellent shuttle service, very large rooms (it was Amerisuites at one time) convenient to shopping. All the 17th Street hotels are fine but this just happens to be a favorite of ours.

I am not sure that there is a reasonably priced hotel in FLL during cruise season. However, for the past two years we have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th & Eisenhower. It virtually at the entrance to the cruise port, Walgreen's is across the street, the Bravo and Bimini Boatyard restaurants are across the parking lot, Publex and Total Wine are a 6 min walk. The cab fare to the port (if the security gates aren't busy) is <$10 incl tip. Their rooms are large, well appointed and quiet.

We're also fans of the Hyatt Place North. I was able to book it through Hotwire for the night before our cruise last month. It shows up as a 3* with free breakfast and shuttle. I used to use Priceline for bidding, but we ended up in the Riverside for the previous cruise from Fort Lauderdale. I missed being near the 17th St. bridge and all the shops.

I too am a big fan of the Marriot Renaissance on 17th St. :D:D While I didn't care for the food at the Bimini Boatyard:(, there certainly are other restaurants within walking distance. And yes, there's a Wallgreens right across 17th. St. for those munchie attacks or for the last minute pickup items you forgot to pack.

Archived