oil $100 a barrel

BILLP1

I don't want to know when/if this is going to happen. Oil has gone up $8/barrel in two business days due to the Egypt crisis going on. Being that this is the case, I'm just a little worried. Pray that we don't get hit with the surcharge *fingers crossed, knock on wood*

Just curious about something. Lets say we have paid in full for a cruise that is a long time off. Then the cruise line charges us because of the price of fuel has gone up. We pay that in full as well. Now what happens if the price again drops and the charges are no longer inforced. Would we get on board credit?:confused:

This is in the passenger agreement that is part of every Carnival Cruise Document. So I think we are holding our breaths for nothing it will probably happen.

d) Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. “Fuel supplement” shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Carnival’s fuel costs. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes collected are subject to change. Carnival reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to $9.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $70.00 per barrel of oil. Carnival may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full.

We are from oil country so we are loving it, money in our pocket.......ducking and running now.:o:eek::rolleyes:

I'm with you, I'm loving it lol Shares I've bought 2 years ago have doubled and I'm doing the happy dance :D

I don't want to know when/if this is going to happen. Oil has gone up $8/barrel in two business days due to the Egypt crisis going on. Being that this is the case, I'm just a little worried. Pray that we don't get hit with the surcharge *fingers crossed, knock on wood*

They contract futures so they can hedge the actual price. It will take a little while for them to feel the effects.

Just curious about something. Lets say we have paid in full for a cruise that is a long time off. Then the cruise line charges us because of the price of fuel has gone up. We pay that in full as well. Now what happens if the price again drops and the charges are no longer inforced. Would we get on board credit?:confused:

My guess is if the fuel surcharge were enacted, and then Carnival & the other cruiselines dropped it before your sailing - that you would get the money either refunded or in OBC. This happened to me for the 14 day / transatlantic cruise (but on Celebrity) and the money was knocked off the bill. If memory serves I had not made final payment, so the fuel supplement portion was subtracted from the bill. I believe it was so much per day, so for 2 people that was a good chunk of change on a 14 day cruise!

You are going to be okay its the spring break crowd and summer cruises that need to watch if this political unrest continues, and economy continues to rebound :D

Wondering when we are going to get hit with the fuel surcharge? We cruise in two weeks....

Wondering when we are going to get hit with the fuel surcharge? We cruise in two weeks....

The fuel surcharge is small potatoes. Gasoline OVER $5.00 a gallon will be here soon. THAT is a problem.

Europe already pays over $6.00 US per gallon and some EU countries are over $7.00 US per gallon. And that was BEFORE Tunisia and Egypt went round the bend.

Archived