Can't go back to CCL

islahopper

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

Sometimes it is better to never say never ....

You just might have friends on a group cruise on Carnival you want to join etc..

Keep a open mind. .. and yes I love RCL too .. but Carnival is the only year round out of Galveston for one factor .. sometimes there are reasons to do what makes sense for ease of cruising too.

I have greatly enjoyed all of my cruises on CCL, but after our cruise on the Oasis we can't go back. The food was better, the shows were better, the cabins were better and the service much better also the decor. I am not bashing CCL, I just think the extra cost of RCCL is well worth it.

OK, bye.

Like Firefly said, perhaps it is better to never say never.

Oasis is a destination in and of itself and there is no argument Carnival has nothing to compare to it. However, remember there are only 2 of those ships and their itineraries are limited. Even only sailing Oasis Class will get old after a while. Keep your options open.

Islahopper, we've cruised on RCI as well. We absolutely loved it. When I was booking our cruise that is now coming up in 25 days, I looked at RCI and CCL. What I'm paying on Carnival for my aft vista suite would get me a low end balcony cabin on RCI. I'm with firefly - don't shut your mind off to Carnival. You really can enjoy both. But for the price, there is no question that Carnival is the best buy - by far.

I think it's great that there are various options out there~! Can you give some specific examples of what made the food better, the shows an service? I know I'm getting bored with CCL's food but that just means I've been lucky enough to cruise often enough to not be wowed by the food these days. I'd be interested to see where the differences between the two companies are :)

You know you're going to get a lot of flack from some folks here for saying that, but I know exactly what you mean. For me, it's Princess. I can't give any exact examples, but I just feel the overall product is better. I'm not saying I'll never cruise Carnival again (in fact, I have one more booked now), but when the price is the same, I'll pick Princess every time. And of course, Princess does very few short cruises, so I will continue to cruise Carnival, RCCL and other lines from time to time.

You know you're going to get a lot of flack from some folks here for saying that, but I know exactly what you mean. For me, it's Princess. I can't give any exact examples, but I just feel the overall product is better. I'm not saying I'll never cruise Carnival again (in fact, I have one more booked now), but when the price is the same, I'll pick Princess every time. And of course, Princess does very few short cruises, so I will continue to cruise Carnival, RCCL and other lines from time to time.

You mean like this thread that was started over the weekend and quickly went south due to about four posters from this board? See if you can point out the Carnival cheerleaders on the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1348604

OP, never say never.

Oasis is on our list in the next year as well, can't wait. But I would not judge all of RCI on that ship, my guess is if you sailed on, say Majesty of the Sea's it would be a lil' different experience......

I think you enjoyed the SHIP more than the line.

Like Firefly said, perhaps it is better to never say never.

Oasis is a destination in and of itself and there is no argument Carnival has nothing to compare to it. However, remember there are only 2 of those ships and their itineraries are limited. Even only sailing Oasis Class will get old after a while. Keep your options open.

You are both right I should not have saidnever, I was so caught up in the cruise that I forgot about family and friends that travel. Sorry.

Oasis is on our list in the next year as well, can't wait. But I would not judge all of RCI on that ship, my guess is if you sailed on, say Majesty of the Sea's it would be a lil' different experience......

I think you enjoyed the SHIP more than the line.

Exactly. Not every Ford is a Mustang. Not every Dodge is a Caliber. Not every Chevy has an exploding gas tank. It's hard to judge any line by one ship, and completely possible to have both great and terrible experiences within every line.

Exactly. Not every Ford is a Mustang. Not every Dodge is a Caliber. Not every Chevy has an exploding gas tank. It's hard to judge any line by one ship, and completely possible to have both great and terrible experiences within every line.

I agree and we just had that experience on Princess. We did Panama last Spring on the Coral Princess and after that thought it's Princess from now on. Then in the Fall we went on the Emerald Princess and the food and other things were just OK not anything special.

Now we are going Carnival again just to compare.

I agree and we just had that experience on Princess. We did Panama last Spring on the Coral Princess and after that thought it's Princess from now on. Then in the Fall we went on the Emerald Princess and the food and other things were just OK not anything special.

Now we are going Carnival again just to compare.

RCI, NCL, CCL, we have kind of knocked back and forth between them over the past 6-7 years. We like/dislike things about all of them. Certainly never had a time when I would say 'I will never ever sail on another line'. That's just silly to me. Way to narrow your options down.

In the end $$$$$$ is key. I approach all vacation trips as one offs.

Each time I end up comparing all the various factors to decide my future travel plans.

(but glad for you that you have found your nivana):D

We were going to book a Royal Caribbean cruise this year, but the itineraries when we go in May were not at all what we wanted so we are taking another Carnival Cruise - I loved my Carnival Dream Cruise I took last May and am looking forward to my next one on the Freedom in May. For me I think it will be all about the itineraries.

In the end $$$$$$ is key. I approach all vacation trips as one offs.

Each time I end up comparing all the various factors to decide my future travel plans.

(but glad for you that you have found your nivana):D

Unfortunately, for me thats true, and now that Carnival has almost every rate at 200% .. and I can get lower solo supplements elsewhere .. Carnival is telling me they dont really want us solo cruisers, or need our business any more.

I feel like Carnival is rejecting me .. not the other way around. Unless things change, I doubt I will be booking Carnival any more in the near future. Thats why RCL is now looking better to me.

I am running back to Carnival. My last cruise was on Princess and everyone told me I would love Princess. Well, I hated Princess. That was the most boreing cruise I have ever been on. I can't see me cruising on any other cruise line but Carnival. I'm a Carnival fan for life......;)

You know - I have cruise on both RCI and Carnival. I wasn't a big fan of RCI on the Adventure....thought the food was just ok most of the time....never walked away from a meal saying - wow, that was great. But, an opportunity came again for another RCI trip so I took it and you know what - I thought it was fantastic! The food was awesome (yes, I like to eat :). That being said and the fact that this is a Carnival board I won't say anymore. Just keep your options open or don't....it is your choice.

I'm sure it was a spur of the moment post since you said you were in the moment with the whole cruise thing... But, I'm not sure why anyone would post that they had great times on CCL just to turn around and say they had better on RCI and wouldn't be back. Go post that on the RCI board....but on this board....that's just asking for an uprising especially when there is no real issue for others to possibly help with or anything like that.

To each his own. I'm just glad that there are options out there for everyone so that we can all find what we like.

Personally, I enjoy each vacation for what it is. Not what it isn't, not what my last vacation was, and not what it could be on another line or in another location. Carpe Diem. Life is short, so enjoy whatever you are doing.

I've yet to have a bad vacation. Some of them didn't turn out to be quite what I expected, but they were good in their own ways.

OP: enjoy whichever cruise line you choose to sail on in the future. And, if I may offer a humble word of advice, always keep your options open.

Archived