Same Old East/West Caribbean Itinerary

lgonquin

Is anyone else getting tired of the same old offerings in the Caribbean? I understand the fact that RCI built the biggest ships afloat and they are stuck going to particular islands capable of handling that sized vessel.

But how about switching up some of the itineraries for the other ships (Freedom & Voyager class specifically) sailing from the states.

West: Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.....

East: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.....

I'm particularly frustrated with Spring break and summer time itineraries. Feeling locked in:confused:

I hate to say it, but some of the East/West offerings from Princess out of FL look a bit more interesting.

Absolutely!! It's why we don't have a cruise booked for this summer yet, and why we took our last two cruises on Princess. I am soooo tired of going to the same old Caribbean ports, and I can't afford Alaska or Europe itineraries. We want to try Oasis, or sail Explorer from NJ, but we don't want to go to the ports they call on. So, we are again looking at other cruiselines even though Royal Caribbean is our favorite.

Ditto here - tired of St. Martin, St. Thomas every cruise it seems. I would love to go on Oasis/Allure but don't want to go to the same islands for another year. We are on Jewel next month (11 days) and will go to Panama and Columbia but want to book for next Spring and only one I like is a b2b on Adventure out of Puerto Rico. I really want RC to switch up some of their destinations.

Listen up RC - people are going on Princess to get different itineraries!:eek:

The Freedom class is going to Cococay, Bahamas now. It's a change from the dump San Juan! I remember sailing Carnival Triumph a few years ago and we got into San Juan around 5pm and it was kind of sketchy. When the police are roaming around with M16's, it doesn't exactly make you feel "safe." :rolleyes:

There are always people that will be unhappy no matter what ports there are:rolleyes:......there are also people who look for any excuse possible why NOT to do something instead of why TO DO something. If you really wanted to sail Oasis/Allure I doubt that the ports of call are what is truly stopping you as the ship is the really what's the "destination".

Absolutely!! It's why we don't have a cruise booked for this summer yet, and why we took our last two cruises on Princess. I am soooo tired of going to the same old Caribbean ports, and I can't afford Alaska or Europe itineraries. We want to try Oasis, or sail Explorer from NJ, but we don't want to go to the ports they call on. So, we are again looking at other cruiselines even though Royal Caribbean is our favorite.

Read your review -- very well done. Nice detail and honest opinion. Thx

I try to make sure I go somewhere different on each cruise. Ports are the most important factor to me when booking a cruise. I wish royal did a hawaii islands cruise out of hawaii too, instead of just NCL (which I don't want to go on). Oh well I still have lots of different ports to explore that Royal Caribbean goes to. So I won't be bored anytime soon.

There are always people that will be unhappy no matter what ports there are:rolleyes:......there are also people who look for any excuse possible why NOT to do something instead of why TO DO something. If you really wanted to sail Oasis/Allure I doubt that the ports of call are what is truly stopping you as the ship is the really what's the "destination".

Yea, yea, yea. The glass is half empty or half full ;). I agree that the ship IS the destination -- especially with the Oasis/Freedom/Voyager class ships. I would perfer an extra day at sea rather than visiting the same old warnout islands.

My hubby and I would like to see RCCL do a 10 day out of Florida to say Aruba & Curacoa,

or include other islands like Tortola, but not have to fly to San Juan.

Like the Itineraries that princess has, but prefer to sail RCL especially as we are D+

The reason I cruise with all lines is when I get bored with the Itinararies of one cruise line I just do another cruise line and wow other ports are available Imagine that

The Carnival Miracle goes to Aruba and Curacao on 8 day cruise out of FLL

Why cant Royal do that??????

The reason I cruise with all lines is when I get bored with the Itinararies of one cruise line I just do another cruise line and wow other ports are available Imagine that

The Carnival Miracle goes to Aruba and Curacao on 8 day cruise out of FLL

Why cant Royal do that??????

How many days at sea do they have on that trip??? Just curious...since I cant do more than 2 days at sea in a row without having feet on dry land!!!!

How many days at sea do they have on that trip??? Just curious...since I cant do more than 2 days at sea in a row without having feet on dry land!!!!

1 sea day 4 ports than 2 sea days back

FLL

sea day

Grand Turk

La Ramona or Catalina Island DR

Aruba

Curacao

Sea day

Sea day

FLL

We are trying to get to diamond + but with the cost of RCCL vs. Princess it's hard to justify spending that much more for the same islands/itins.

I am a fan of the 10 day southern carib itins princess offers...why can't RCCL do those? They offered the Jewel this year but it's western and panama itins.

I'm looking at April and May this year and Princess prices out cheaper for almost every week in a balcony cabin....some of their mini suites are much cheaper than RCCL JS's.....

What's the deal?

The Freedom class is going to Cococay, Bahamas now. It's a change from the dump San Juan! I remember sailing Carnival Triumph a few years ago and we got into San Juan around 5pm and it was kind of sketchy. When the police are roaming around with M16's, it doesn't exactly make you feel "safe." :rolleyes:

You see Coco Cay instead of San Juan as an improvement and I see it exactly the other way around. I do not like having a forced beach day. At a regular port of call those who want to go to the beach can and those of us who don't can do other things.

I live on the beach. The last thing I want is to go on vacation and be forced onto the beach.

Is anyone else getting tired of the same old offerings in the Caribbean? I understand the fact that RCI built the biggest ships afloat and they are stuck going to particular islands capable of handling that sized vessel.

But how about switching up some of the itineraries for the other ships (Freedom & Voyager class specifically) sailing from the states.

West: Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.....

East: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.....

I'm particularly frustrated with Spring break and summer time itineraries. Feeling locked in:confused:

I hate to say it, but some of the East/West offerings from Princess out of FL look a bit more interesting.

Come to Galveston and try Roatan, Belize and Cozumel

Archived