Solarium

We are sailing on the FOS in september and I have a question about the Solarium. One of my favorite things to do is soak up sun while reading. Is the Solarium open or enclosed? I've seen pictures but I am unable to tell.

Half of the roof retractable so really depends on the weather (and mechanical condition) as to if the ship will have it open or closed when you sail.

Half of the roof retractable so really depends on the weather (and mechanical condition) as to if the ship will have it open or closed when you sail.

There is no retractable roof on Freedom. There is a covered area, but no retractable roof. Loved Freedom's solarium.

We are sailing on the FOS in september and I have a question about the Solarium. One of my favorite things to do is soak up sun while reading. Is the Solarium open or enclosed? I've seen pictures but I am unable to tell.

I was wondering the same for Oasis. It looks like a lot of the Solarium is behind windows does this effect sunbathing? I've read on some posts that it gets very warm in the Solarium on Oasis?? Thanks :)

Last summer, on IOS (same class as FOS), the Solarium was my favourite place. My DD and DS would happily go to Adventure Ocean and I would park myself there with my husband nearby. It may have taken a good 20 minutes to find a lounger (I jumped like on hot coals when one opened up) but even without one, I would find a corner to dump my stuff and head to the pool. There are great bar stools right into the water that allow you to read while cooling off in the pool. It's only a little tricky getting in or out with a book in your teeth....no Kindle here! There are also shallow parts where you can sit and relax, cool down a bit while getting the sun. Bar staff make regular trips around the area. My husband would sit in the shaded areas, looking out to sea and read and then come over for some sun and a swim. HIGHLY recommend the solarium. A lovely place!

Can't wait for this summer. We're on a B2B Eastern/Western on FOS. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived