Need to bring a clock for cabin? slippers?

OntarioTraveller

We are leaving on the Freedom in a few weeks and have read reviews saying there are no clocks in the cabin.

Is this so? and if so, is there a place to plug in a clock beside the bed (I like to be able to see the time if I wake up in the night...).

Also, do the cabin floors have carpet or tile? If tile, I will bring slippers!!

Thanks for your help!

The cabins are carpeted....I've never brought slippers....if I NEED something on my feet, I just use my pool flip-flops!

If you want a clock by your bed, bring a wind-up or battery clock....the only outlet is on the vanity across from the bed...

There should be a clock read-out on the phone, but it's not visible at night.

The cabins are carpeted....I've never brought slippers....if I NEED something on my feet, I just use my pool flip-flops!

If you want a clock by your bed, bring a wind-up or battery clock....the only outlet is on the vanity across from the bed...

As I have stated on previous threads, I bring a power strip. I plug the power strip into the one outlet and then you can charge phones and Ipods etc. There is one other plug in the room and that is used to power the TV. We have unplugged the TV at night and used that plug to power a CPAP or a noise machine that my wife likes on when sleeping.:)

I use my flip flops also - one less thing to pack. I had a great battery powered clock that I unfortunately left on the Epic last September, so for now it's back to the electric one that I keep on the vanity area across from the bed.

We are leaving on the Freedom in a few weeks and have read reviews saying there are no clocks in the cabin.

Is this so? and if so, is there a place to plug in a clock beside the bed (I like to be able to see the time if I wake up in the night...).

Thanks for your help!

I've heard it said on these boards - though I've never tried myself - that due to the current that runs through the outlets on the ship, electric clocks don't keep accurate time. Try for a battery operated clock. There are nightstands next to the beds (usually in between if two twins, and one on either side if a king).

Cabin floors are carpeted, but I usually wear flip flops or socks because I'm a little paranoid about walking around barefoot on "public" carpet... but that's me :-)

Thanks for your help!

No clocks, so bring a battery powered one if you want one. I use my Blackberry, why bring extra stuff you have to pack.

Slippers????? flip flops/shower shoes (which I recommend regardless of other considerations) work fine? Again, why take extra stuff in your luggage?

Thanks for your help![/quote

If you plan on much traveling you should get an inexpensive travel clock or any cheap clock that runs on batteries. They are small, light weight, take up very little space. We always take one. I take some slip on footy shoe things that I change into on the flights. I use those as my slippers on board ship and at hotels.

i purchased a battery operated flip clock at target about 15 years ago. i think it was 20. it is wonderful. it goes everywhere with us when we travel. i also wear flip flops at all times...my family makes fun of me, but i have a phobia about planters warts, athletes foot etc....:o

I ditto the wake up call if need be for excursions or meeting people at a certain time - otherwise - watch and clocks not necessary - I get up whenever, eat when I am hungry, get a coffee when need cafine fix, time is relative and is not relative to me when on vacation. Flipflops good for cabin but bearfoot most of the time - hell, the pool area where most people walk barefooted has to be teeming with germs and doesn't bother me one iota.

I'll cast another vote for the battery clock. Mine is small and light and it has been many places around the world with me!

I haven't been on the Freedom (yet!) but in our bargain bin cabin on the Victory there were 2 outlets both on the vanity right next to the bed. I brought a power strip and didn't even take it out of the package.

Thanks for your help!

I go barefoot in the room half the time, and wear my slipper socks some, it is carpetted. Ditto on the travel battery alarm clock. I also take a power strip, dh uses a cpap machine.

I always just leave my watch next to the bed, but we always have a balcony so we can tell when it's morning, I leave the bathroom light on with the door shut which gives enough room to squint at the watch lol

I am one of those nurse types so I have a bit of a germaphobe and so I don't like to walk barefoot on the carpets and then get into bed so I bring a few pairs of slipper socks, keeps my feet clean and I don't have to worry about precious room from hard slippers.

Cheers, Carole

I've heard it said on these boards - though I've never tried myself - that due to the current that runs through the outlets on the ship, electric clocks don't keep accurate time.

That might be true for older motorized clocks but it shouldn't be true for a digital clock.

A battery operated clock is handy to have as well as a power strip to plug in camera battery chargers etc.

An excellent wake up service is your breakfast order menu. Hang it on your door the night before. You indicate when you want it served and trust me right on the dot there will be knock on your door and your Morning coffee will have arrived!

i purchased a battery operated flip clock at target about 15 years ago.

Mine is very small...and I used it for a clock/alarm in the cabin, and took it along on excursions to make sure I made it back on the boat!

I worry that the time on my cellphone and ship's time won't necessarily agree. And after a few caribbean cocktails...wait a minute, were we supposed to subtract an hour or add an hour????!!!!

Find a lightweight battery operated travel clock. It's all about relaxing!

Peg

I relied on my cell phone for the time, until the transatlantic I was on. Not only did the time read wrong - and not just from moving into a different time zone - it was completely haywire. Showed a date decades in the past!

I use my flip flops, but then I hardly walk barefoot even at home. Always pack flip flops anyhow for poolside, so not losing luggage space.

I always bring my power strip, don't know how I got by now before I had one.

I also use my flip flops. We found a great travel clock in the LL Bean catalog. It lights up if you press it, so if you need to see the time at night you can if not it will not wake up.

We are taking the Freedom in January. Have a nice cruise.

Archived