Carry-on Formalwear?

Mrs.C05

Do you carry-on your formalwear?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry-on your formalwear?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I have found that I shop very carefully for fabrics that are formal but do not need to be worried about getting wrinkled, sooo, I pack all in suitcases or garment bags that can be sent through. I do not want to walk around waiting for cabins to open carrying clothes, or to have to worry about ironing etc...

What formal wear. Carnival doesn't have formal nights and most people don't dress up that much.

Have you gone to the formal nights/elegant nights/whatever you want to call it? I've seen quite a good amount of people still dressing up.

We pack it, hang it up in the nice steamy bathroom to relax what ever wrinkles we got then into the closet. We dress up on every cruise...

I may just do this since I did it on our last cruise flying to San Juan. I was so scared of my luggage getting lost in the mix flying to San Juan that I was able to stuff everything in a carry-on!:eek: This time though, I'll be taking a check-size luggage bag since we won't be flying, so I should have plenty of room. If not, I guess I'll be taking some clothes out, lol!:o

Have you gone to the formal nights/elegant nights/whatever you want to call it? I've seen quite a good amount of people still dressing up.

I may just do this since I did it on our last cruise flying to San Juan. I was so scared of my luggage getting lost in the mix flying to San Juan that I was able to stuff everything in a carry-on!:eek: This time though, I'll be taking a check-size luggage bag since we won't be flying, so I should have plenty of room. If not, I guess I'll be taking some clothes out, lol!:o

The last one that I attended was the week before Christmas and approximately 75% of all the passengers were not dressed up. Saw no tuxes, a few suits, some sports coats. Lots of men with shirts and ties. Did not see any women in long dresses.

Dressing up on a Caribbean cruise is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Ours goes in our checked luggage. I layer mine and DH in between layers of clothing and inside the dry cleaner bags. Have never had problems with wrinkles with my items, DH puts his dress shirt in the bathroom with steam to release a few wrinkles his shirt may have gotten.

Since we only travel with carry on luggage on the airlines, our 'formal wear' does get packed in our carry on luggage. For me, its a dress with a fabric that does not wrinkle; for H its a button down wrinkle free material shirt and Dockers. Works great and is formal enough for the cruises we frequent.

The last one that I attended was the week before Christmas and approximately 75% of all the passengers were not dressed up. Saw no tuxes, a few suits, some sports coats. Lots of men with shirts and ties. Did not see any women in long dresses.

Dressing up on a Caribbean cruise is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Off the Freedom 3 weeks ago 5 to 10 per cent were dressed up

Others really did nothing to dress up , T shirts and Shorts

were in the MDR both ellegant nights , Nothing was said to

no one , This is fast becoming the norm.

Really to hot in Caribbean to dress to much

Our lightbulbs finally went on.

We used to have our stuff pressed or drycleaned before our cruise, and then pack the garment bags hoping they wouldn't get so much as a wrinkle.

Then we started just packing the stuff in our regular suitcases, and having them pressed on board.

Cheaper, and hasstle free!

We look forward to dressing up on our cruises. Tux and long dress go in the garment bag along with dress shoes etc. Have done it several times and have never lost a bag. However, I've not flown into port, yet.

I've noticed many quests dressed in formal wear on our cruises. May not be the majority, but have seen tuxes and gowns.

Whatever you're comfortable with seems to be acceptable. I don't think I'd push jeans in the dining room on elegant night.

Go and enjoy. :D

Our lightbulbs finally went on.

We used to have our stuff pressed or drycleaned before our cruise, and then pack the garment bags hoping they wouldn't get so much as a wrinkle.

Then we started just packing the stuff in our regular suitcases, and having them pressed on board.

Cheaper, and hasstle free!

We do the same. We give our formal wear to our steward to send for pressing. There is a charge but worth not having the hassle to worry about it. if I am going to dress up, I don't want the outfit spoiled by a few wrinkles. Hubby could care less...lol

Archived