Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Can I ask where you found them, what store(s) ? I also have a couple of solid color maxies I paid a small fortune for at BCBGgeneration (I really had to hunt for them!) , and even still they obviously are meant for summer time casual evening wear as the fabric is fine stretch cotton..

Just would love to know other places to look for more refined maxi's in solids and hi quality fabrics, please share!! Thanks!! ♡

You could try eBay for 'Phase Eight' and 'monsoon'. Both are UK high street stores but I have plain maxi dresses from both in heavy jersey. The material is double thickness, packs really well and can be dresses up for formal night.

UK sizing is 4 less than US generally so UK 8 would be US 4, UK 10 would be US 6 etc.

Can I ask where you found them, what store(s) ? I also have a couple of solid color maxies I paid a small fortune for at BCBGgeneration (I really had to hunt for them!) , and even still they obviously are meant for summer time casual evening wear as the fabric is fine stretch cotton..

Just would love to know other places to look for more refined maxi's in solids and hi quality fabrics, please share!! Thanks!! ♡

I have picked several nice sold color maxi dresses up on ebay. I love the chico travelers line. Have to hunt for a few times but I can find them under $10 shipped

New - sometimes I can find slinky travel type material solid maxi dresses at Ross.

Edited by tbbtravels

Looks like some CCFs are still finding bargains at End of Season Salesicon14.gif!

The Michael Kors was a nice buy.

I love the Lilly Pulitzer maxi dresses - at least on the website. So perfect for cruising...but never ordered one...could be on my Christmas Wish List....

My DH is The Best!! He said yesterday, "We can cruise in mid March if you want to see what's available." Didn't take me long to find an 8-Night Bahama:cool:! Booked it just minutes ago:)!! WaHoo!!

That gives us SIX cruises to look forward to!!

Wonderful!! What ship? Nice time to get away. We also cruise that time of year. But I think we are going to just look for a last minute deal since we will be in Florid for the winter. Will see what happens. But DH keep wanting to go to the west coast to visit my family. Thinking of may gong by cruise ship. Will see!

We're cruising out of Baltimore in March, on Grandeur of the Seas. Ports are Port Canaveral, Nassau, Key West and CocoCay. Been to all of those places and will enjoy them again:eek:.

Entered the new century this morning - DH & I bought iphone 5cs...first time for smart phones. Oh boy, will take a little time to figure them out...

We're cruising out of Baltimore in March, on Grandeur of the Seas. Ports are Port Canaveral, Nassau, Key West and CocoCay. Been to all of those places and will enjoy them again:eek:.

Entered the new century this morning - DH & I bought iphone 5cs...first time for smart phones. Oh boy, will take a little time to figure them out...

In Port Canaveral have you gone to Cocoa Village? http://visitcocoavillage.com/ It has some nice little shops. It is about 14 miles from the port over the causeway. There is also so Cocoa Village Play house there. They do at times have afternoon plays.

I have seen a play there. I use to go there a lot, cause we live about 25 miles down the road off of A1A in the winter.

http://www.cocoavillageplayhouse.com/

http://visitcocoavillage.com/

I am still in the old century:rolleyes:....I have never owned a smartphone.

My phone is a little ole Samsung.......FLIP PHONE.......I am sure

some folks think I am just dumb...but I don't really care. It serves

my purpose....I don't even own any kind of I-Pad either.....I have

my lap top.....that's it.

I am still in the old century:rolleyes:....I have never owned a smartphone.

My phone is a little ole Samsung.......FLIP PHONE.......I am sure

some folks think I am just dumb...but I don't really care. It serves

my purpose....I don't even own any kind of I-Pad either.....I have

my lap top.....that's it.

I say all the time that I am not smart enough for a smart phone. Got one last November and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I like it - texting. Other times it drives me crazy. I miss my old Samsung flip phone most days.

I say all the time that I am not smart enough for a smart phone. Got one last November and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I like it - texting. Other times it drives me crazy. I miss my old Samsung flip phone most days.

I really don't text and it still makes me VERY ANGRY when I am at a stop

light and see folks looking down....they are definitely texting and driving:mad:

Guess I am really old school....I remember seeing an OLD bumper sticker

that says "HANG UP AND DRIVE".....wish folks would just, Don't text

while driving:rolleyes:

Geocruiser: Looked at the website for Cocoa Village prior to last visit, but DH suggested a Lunch Date...so went with that, so maybe Cocoa Village will be the destination this time. Thanks for the info!

Smartphone Update: This morning DH was adding his email and voice message to his iphone...except it was MY phone. Both are The Same so he didn't realize it at first. I went directly to the verizon store (since we had no clue how to change it). No problem for the nice Customer Service man! Guess if we play with the phones enough, we'll learn how to use them...

Good day all. I haven't been her for a while. Just pulled out the luggage for our cruise in 37 days.

I can't do a spreadsheet as many here do. I don't own a cell phone of any kind and am just figuring out how to take and post a digital picture.

I can shop however, and I have been doing lots of that. I've managed to maintain the 112 pounds I lost, except for the 8 lbs. I gained when I quit smoking last fall. It will be a year on Oct. 1st. Yay me!

Back to shopping, I picked up a wonderful pair of Bear Trap sandals on sale at Famous Footwear. And I've hit Ross for some wonderful summer dresses. I figure South America in Nov. is still pretty darn warm.

I took a pair of formal pants and one formal gown to the alterations lady ( God Bless her ) and she is taking them in for me. The pants have to go from a 4x to a 12. She is amazing and they are really nice formal pants.

I have so many questions. I will end todays post with this one. Do those packing bags really work? The ones you suck the air out of?

Good day all. I haven't been her for a while. Just pulled out the luggage for our cruise in 37 days.

I can't do a spreadsheet as many here do. I don't own a cell phone of any kind and am just figuring out how to take and post a digital picture.

I can shop however, and I have been doing lots of that. I've managed to maintain the 112 pounds I lost, except for the 8 lbs. I gained when I quit smoking last fall. It will be a year on Oct. 1st. Yay me!

Back to shopping, I picked up a wonderful pair of Bear Trap sandals on sale at Famous Footwear. And I've hit Ross for some wonderful summer dresses. I figure South America in Nov. is still pretty darn warm.

I took a pair of formal pants and one formal gown to the alterations lady ( God Bless her ) and she is taking them in for me. The pants have to go from a 4x to a 12. She is amazing and they are really nice formal pants.

I have so many questions. I will end todays post with this one. Do those packing bags really work? The ones you suck the air out of?

That is wonderful that you have lost the weight. Shopping is all ways fun. South America should be warm except is you are going around the cape. I have to google Bear trap sandals to take a peek.

Congratulations on your weight loss:)

Oh, I do have the cell phone....I live alone and travel that way too.....

nice to have some sort of connection to the world;) and I learned

how to use a KODAK digital camera a few years ago....If I can learn

it? Anyone can:D

Yes they work. There are a few things to take into consideration.

1. Will you have a way to suck the air out when you pack to come home?(they do make the kind that don't work quite as well but you take the air out manually.

2. Your suitcase will be heavier. You're packing more.

3. Your clothes will be wrinkled.

4. I seem to NOT pack as well coming home. So it's a little harder fitting it all in. But that's me😏.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Walked into Labels $hopper. Bought a pair of pumpkin colored loafers for $4. Figured if I only ever wore at Thanksgiving it was worth it. Have worn twice already. Love their addition to my fall wardrobe!

Just booked on Feb 28 breeze. That will be 3 weeks after getting off the Reflection. Wow! Closest I'll have to B2B. I'm a little nervousness about my clothes fitting for the second cruise. Usually gain 5lbs a cruise. Guess I'll have to take the stairs more!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl

,,,,,I have so many questions. I will end todays post with this one. Do those packing bags really work? The ones you suck the air out of?

Yes, I use the travel ones and those that vacuum type as well. The bigger ones - I can roll the air out of those too and not use the vacuum part. Just roll and it will get most of the air out.

The travel ones - they have a vent at the bottom and the air - pushes and makes the vent puff air out - you can hear it. I like those the best.

I pack way lighter now so I mainly use the bags to keep water off my items. Never know when a rain will pop up and wet the contents at the airport or ports. Don't trust my scotch guard to keep the contents dry. I scotch guard my suit cases.

I still roll my items first to keep them from wrinkling - which works too. Then put the rolled up pants, dresses and tops in the bags.

Edited by tbbtravels

I have a pair of Bear Trap sandals and they are very comfortable. (and look really nice also).

I just use the 2 1/2 gal zip lock plastic bags that one can get at the grocery store. (hefty). If you put clothes in flat and then take the air out by rolling they do not wrinkle. As was stated, there is a tendency to have quite a bit of weight in the suitcase.

I also use packing folders and I really love them. I have some of the packing cubes and have no use for them....

Now I'm looking for new luggage ... want the 4 wheels and as light as possible, of course, I also want them to be able to withstand being tossed by airlines. Jan

Jan I just got some light weight 4 wheel luggage in pink from belk. American Tourister and it is so much lighter than my leisure 360 with 4 wheels. 12 lbs to 6 lbs. Kinda scared to use new stuff because I am afraid it won't hold up or they will destroy it. Either way - prob won't be pink for long. LOL