Aqua Class Amenity Review

SilkShirt

Was in Aqua Class on the Eclipse last month and we LOVED it. Everything that was advertised was provided to us. Below are my comments to your numbered points:

1. Early Embarkation and Debarkation – I don't recall ever seeing anyone having early embarkation and debarkation.

2. Priority Check In – We had our own Aqua Class check-in line.

3. Welcome Sparkling Wine, Fruit, and Flowers – Everything was there when we entered the room. Fruit and flowers were changed daily.

4. Speciality Restaurant seating preferences – Never heard of this

5. Expanded Room Service Breakfast Menu – the menu was perfect for eating on the balcony

6. Daily Evening Hors d’oeuvres – delivered daily...we didn't even have to be in the room as advertised...they were waiting in the room for us

7. Celebrity Tote Bag – Got this the night before our first port. I like that it doesn't have the Celebrity logo on it.

8. Oversized Bath Towels – Just as advertised

9. Binoculars, Umbrella, and Shoe Shine Service – Umbrella and binoculars were in the room. Had my shoes shined on day 1 and had them returned within a couple of hours.

10. Blu Restaurant – Was terrific. They even remembered who served us and made sure we were in their section. Only one night we were in a different section because we requested a different location.

11. Hansgrohe Shower Panels – For a cruise ship bathroom, this was a nice feature.

12. Aroma Scent – Was in the room each day.

13. Pillow Menu – This was a great amenity. The menu is in the cabin's welcome package. Received the requested pillows on the same day as requested.

14. Complimentary Bathroom Amenities – I think "complimentary" is the wrong word here. The bathroom amenities are identical to the other rooms. What is different is the two sets of moisturizer, lip balm, and face refresher that was waiting for us when we checked-in.

15. Daily Bottled Water and Teas – Iced tea and 2 bottles of water were delivered to us daily along with a bucket of ice. We never asked for anything.

16. Personal Spa Concierge – The personal spa concierge is right outside the relaxation room. I spoke with them but never really used them for anything.

17. Aqua Class Robes and Slippers – Frette robes were provided. A plush robe does not make them the best. Frette robes are considered to be among the best robes but are not plush. What makes Frette great is how it absorbs the water from your body after your shower.

18. Enhanced Personal Care Products – Everything was in the room as promised.

19. Unlimited Use of the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room – Had it, tried it. The best feature of the Persian Garden is the steam room. I thought the heated loungers could have been heated more, but that is just personal preference.

20. Special Programming and Wellness Classes – Was available just as promised..nothing more and nothing less.

21. Lounge Seating on Verandah – Nice seating with ottomans. No complaints.

I re-copied this post b/c we had all the same perks on our recent EQUINOX cruise. all as promised!

The best feature for us was BLU--I would always take AQ for BLU if we can!!! Food & service were wonderful! really outstanding! Did not get to use the Persian gardens--too busy! but it semed to have less features than other ships & someone told us the loungers were not heating properly! On Sea Days weather was too nice to be inside much!!

The daily teas were not so tasty but enjoyed having it...enjoyed having the flowers-- the beauty products are lemongrass--not my fav..I liked the older ones....the special shower was Ok--but it took up space & had a flimsy shelf area....we stopped ordering the daily canapes--just too much else going on & we'd foprget to put the paper out to request it by 11 am the day before..

Our cabin attendant was odd..always underfoot & our room seemed to be last to get made up.....just did not get into a good schedule with us! Did the job but not well!

Way too many flyers & papers selling service from the AQUASPA! and we never met the spa Concierge

Overall, if they sep. AQ from BLU we would re-think it but from now on we will go BLU!!!

• 4 months later...
Gskimmel. Thank you for posting a point by point response...I felt the same about every amenity but didn’t have the patience of Job you do to write it out. Will only add....

Expanded Room service breakfast....it has more AQ specials than just smoothies, e.g. Grilled Vegetables with Cypress Grove Goat Cheese. Just counted on my copy, it has about 75 items...somehow we could survive with those but Blu was even better.

Binoculars..they are in a small black case, highest shelf to right of TV. If not there when you arrive, ask the attendant for a replacement or you could be charged.

Hansgrohe Shower only has a “normal shower head” if normal at your home is the newer rainfall-style large 6” round. Alas mine is not, so a rainfall spa shower with panel of jets was a 5/5 to me.

Enhanced bathroom amenities...there are a few more than remembered from a regular veranda; the nail care set, lip balm

Special programming...unless you like to meditate with 50 new best friends in the gym class, having the wellness programs in your cabin on demand is not sad in the least.

Lounge seating...no complaints at all, but if you need a cushion, the throw pillows on the couch work well.

I had an amazing two weeks in AQ and everything, but especially Blu, exceeded my expectations. Asked for Nina the first two nights, and from then on, the maitre’ds knew we wanted table in her section w/o asking. Have never felt so pampered..every server in Blu, and I got to know them all at breakfast..was delightful and aimed to please.

As another poster said, it appears some of criticisms were related to the norovirus situation, e.g. removing the bread basket is SOP to control its spread but you only need to ask the waiter and bread will be served to you. Others are of the type which could be corrected if one just asks, and with an unresponsive (maybe overworked due virus)stateroom attendant, then ask guest services.

I thought I read that the AQ room service breakfast menu was the same as CC but this sounds different. Does anyone have a photo?

I have to say that I think the OP was pretty correct in his assessment--they list lots of things that are very elusive. We enjoyed our cruise but have opted to go back to the MDR and large tables for our next cruise, and can live (happily) without the flowers, fruit, iced tea (we declined to have it brought to us) towels and bathrobes. Nice, but really not of any particular value to US. YMMV

You can change the iced tea for the juices they serve in Oceanview, our steward changed them every day.

Most of the 'extras' are in the cabin information book, we found ours under the bed, woner if it has 'dropped' there?

Richard

It sounds to me like most of the poster's problems stem from having a poor cabin steward. I would never wait several days for something that was supposed to be in my cabin as one of my amenities. I would first talk to the cabin attendant about it and if that didn't work I would talk to someone in customer service about the problem.

One of the things we found out about the pillow menu is that it is in a binder that is in your room. If you don't know where to find it, you would think it wasn't there. We asked and were shown where it was, told our attendant what we wanted and they were delivered to our room right away.

We always had iced tea and plenty of ice for the wine, or whatever we wanted. We put our two bottles of water in the refrigerator and our attendant always replaced them with more.

We did receive a note that we were supposed to fill out what time we wanted our canapes and/or cheese and crackers delivered. It did state that you needed to be in your room, but we just asked that they be delivered even when we weren't there and they were always waiting on us at the appointed time.

We also had a priority check in line and were on the ship ahead of most of the other passengers.

Loved, loved the shower head and nicer balcony furniture (foot stools).

We would rate everything about Aqua a 5 and would gladly book it again.

AQ is double occupancy only.

I almost feel a little bad for the reviewer. If one didn't do any research other than what the website stated or what a TA told you (which is helpful, but I also believe that you should not have to research) I can understand thinking you have all these promises and possibly wouldn't live up to the picture you believe has been painted for you.

As with everything else in life, if you don't get what was advertised and paid for, speak up!!

Don't stew over it. Go and speak to the person who can make sure you get it all!

Hey, we LOVED Concierge Class on the M-Class, so know we will Love-Love AQ on the S-Class. I'll be sure to add to this thread when we return.

You know, you always hear grumbling. I guess as patrons, we have the right to voice our opinion, or to "vote with our dollars" - I do both, LOL. I work in hospitality as head of HR and I'll tell you what, I would expect guests to speak up if something wasn't right. I would want to know if any of our staff was not delivering the finest in service.

On every cruise my partner and I have been on, we have stumbled upon the grumblers. OMG, and over the smallest things. I was chatting with a guy from the UK who loved Cunard, we're in the sauna on the Connie and all he did was rip apart everything, comparing it to the QM2. I ended up leaving him sitting there - running his mouth off, I just don't like the negativity, but to each their own. Focus on your own experience and make changes if you can, but yes, speak up! Give them an opportunity to make it right.

You WILL always find the complainers though. Some are constructive with their feedback and others simply have that sense of entitlement that I don't understand. Go figure...

Hey, we LOVED Concierge Class on the M-Class, so know we will Love-Love AQ on the S-Class. I'll be sure to add to this thread when we return.

You know, you always hear grumbling. I guess as patrons, we have the right to voice our opinion, or to "vote with our dollars" - I do both, LOL. I work in hospitality as head of HR and I'll tell you what, I would expect guests to speak up if something wasn't right. I would want to know if any of our staff was not delivering the finest in service.

On every cruise my partner and I have been on, we have stumbled upon the grumblers. OMG, and over the smallest things. I was chatting with a guy from the UK who loved Cunard, we're in the sauna on the Connie and all he did was rip apart everything, comparing it to the QM2. I ended up leaving him sitting there - running his mouth off, I just don't like the negativity, but to each their own. Focus on your own experience and make changes if you can, but yes, speak up! Give them an opportunity to make it right.

You WILL always find the complainers though. Some are constructive with their feedback and others simply have that sense of entitlement that I don't understand. Go figure...

Don't forget to find the secret stairway, have a great trip....

We were able to exchange the Sparkling Wine for something else. The fruit basket was ok but there is plenty of other stuff to eat on board. We did munch on the grapes and used a banana for the morning we had breakfast in the cabin. The flower were never changed. I don't know what they were but they closed at night and opened in the morning. I think there were 4 in a small vase. Ice was a problem. Smallest ice bucket I ever had on a ship

4. Speciality Restaurant seating preferences – 0 / 5

Once again, we were told there was no such preference.

"We didn't use this]

5. Expanded Room Service Breakfast Menu – 1 / 5

This amenity existed, and that is were the good news ends. The “expanded” menu included only a couple of fruit smoothies that were bitter and tasteless. The room service overall was good, but the 1/5 rating only concerns the extra Aqua Class smoothies.

The morning we had breakfast in our cabin we ordered smoothies. The name sounds better than what they are. They seemed to be spoiled or the contents separated. We ate in Blu after that for breakfast, easier and much nicer. Didn't like having to decide when we wanted room service and then waiting for it.

6. Daily Evening Hors d’oeuvres – 2 / 5

The snacks were only delivered on two of the nights and not daily as advertised. They were quite good little treats, but when we didn’t have them in our stateroom after returning from a day in port we were disappointed. Not that we went hungry, but when you are promised something you expect to get it and we didn’t.

They were delivered the first night, after that you had to be in the cabin. Not worth waiting for or wasting calories on

7. Celebrity Tote Bag – 3 / 5

We did get our nice basic tote bag with the celebrity logo on the third night of the cruise.

Nice bag. Not that we really need another

8. Oversized Bath Towels – 4 / 5

I really liked the towels here, they were a nice treat and were a good size and very plush.

Towels were nice. Have only sailed on X that one time so I don't know how much better they are then the standard

9. Binoculars, Umbrella, and Shoe Shine Service – 1 / 5

Once again, I was told there were no binoculars. The umbrellas were in the closet, but we had no use for them. I was really hoping for the binoculars when pulling in and out of port, so this was frustrating.

The binoculars were better than nothing but don't rely on them. Had the umbrella. Didn't know about the shoeshine service but probably wouldn't use it

10. Blu Restaurant – 4 / 5

Blu is a good amenity, the food is quite tasty and served at the appropriate temperature. The tables are mostly 2 person tables that we enjoyed and the service (especially that of the Maitre’d) was very good. This would have been a 5/5 except for the fact that the amenities of the restaurants, like the bread baskets and veggies with dip, disappeared on the second day never to be seen again, and we had to ask whenever we wanted our water filled. Lastly, we booked a late seating (8:30) but when we boarded we were told that we didn’t have a set time and could come in whenever we wanted. Sounds great, right? The problem with this was that we had a different table and wait staff every time and the service was a little impersonal as compared to our previous Celebrity cruise where they knew us by name after the second day and knew our preferences. The Blu restaurant is a great place to go for breakfast and they do a wonderful job at that.

Were told they dont make reservations. Never had a problem with getting a table close to the same area. The Blu is the best perk

11. Hansgrohe Shower Panels – 3 / 5

This is a normal shower head that has a massage feature and detaches. In addition, there is a bar running vertically that has some water jets on it that spray horizontally. A nice feature.

The shower spray is a nice feature. Wouldn't be the deciding factor for AQ

12. Aroma Scent – 4 / 5

This was a nice feature that helped the room stay fresh with a nice lemongrass scent, however it is only get in 4/5 because it took 3 days to get to our room.

We had the attendant remove it. Couldn't stand the smell

13. Pillow Menu – 0 / 5

Once again, an amenity that did not exist

Asked the attendant about the pillow menu. He said all the pillows are on the sofa. Take your pick

14. Complimentary Bathroom Amenities – 4 / 5

A nice selection of lemongrass scented shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and body wash.

Again it was a nice selection but don't know how it compares to the regular

15. Daily Bottled Water and Teas – 3 / 5

You get two water bottles daily plus a pitcher of HOT tea, not ICED tea. That would have been great as we could have just poured that over ice, but they never brought us ice without asking repeatedly.

Had the same problem with the ice. Our tea was always luke warm. The bottled water was no biggie as we drink regular tap water as we have been our whole life

16. Personal Spa Concierge – 0 / 5

This person never contacted us and we could not find them. It wasn’t a real problem as we were able to book our spa appointments through regular means, but if an amenity is promised it should be delivered.

Is this perk really needed? They are always begging for customers.

17. Aqua Class Robes and Slippers – 4 / 5

We really used the robes and they were a good size and comfortable. They could have been a little more plush, but they were a treat.

The robes are heavy, not the waffle type. The slippers are one size fits all, XXXXXlarge

18. Enhanced Personal Care Products – 1 / 5

If this means the q-tip and cotton balls in the bathroom, the q-tips were never delivered and the cotton balls only on the third day.

I don't remember anything extra except for the soaps. lotion, and conditioner

19. Unlimited Use of the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room – 3 / 5

The Persian Garden and the Relaxation room were great and would have easily been 5/5 amenities but for two things. In the relaxation room several people would carry on loud conversations not conducive to relaxing and staff would do nothing about it, and the Persian Garden was always full making it impossible to get a seat. We were able to get a seat once and that was nice, so it gets 3 / 5.

The Persian Garden is different. OK to use for a short time. It was always empty when we went. The relaxation room is a joke. Just basically a waiting room for spa services. Tea and water is available. Water in a pitcher and tea bags with styrofoam take out cups. We kept asking our attendant how to get to the spa. He kept telling us to go into the first door on the left. We could never find it. The only door was one that said "do not enter crew only". Finally we decided we had enough and asked him to show us. The door that said crew only was the door but it was not open. When opened it had spa on the other side of the door

20. Special Programming and Wellness Classes – 0 / 5

This was just sad. The listing makes this sounds like there will be special classes in the gym or spa for Aqua Class guests, but all this consists of is a couple of programs on your stateroom TV that really have no value.

Never had any invitations to any special classes. That was one of the things we were interested in. There were those common infomercials that they had listed in the paper that they disguise by calling seminars. Another non existing perk

21. Lounge Seating on Verandah – 4 / 5

Nice seats and we spent some good times out here. Put a cushion on the chairs and you get 5/5.

The chairs and foot stool are better than the non adjustable chairs

Don't forget to find the secret stairway, have a great trip....

Will look for it straight away. I remembered you mentioning this to me a few months back, and found what I think is a spiral stairway on the diagram of our floor. ;)

Will look for it straight away. I remembered you mentioning this to me a few months back, and found what I think is a spiral stairway on the diagram of our floor. ;)

I've noticed a spiral staircase on the diagram as well.. is this the secret staircase? and why is it secret? :rolleyes:

I've noticed a spiral staircase on the diagram as well.. is this the secret staircase? and why is it secret? :rolleyes:

I imagine because it gives us easy access to the spa area, and not a largely traversed path / staircase...pretty close to our AQ cabin actually, so will be a quick walk up the hall and we're right there in Spa-Land. Aaaaahhhhhh. Can hardly wait! :)

I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot of people do not realize that Aqua classs gets all the concierge class benefits, they are just not listed individually under Aqua Class ammenities. It just says In addition to the concierge class benefits, aqua class gets...

As for priority seating, it probably means in the other specialty restaurants instead of the MDR and Blu.

We are going Aqua on the Silhouette in Dec. I for one will not hesitate to speak up if I do not get what I have been promised.

...It sounds to me like most of the poster's problems stem from having a poor cabin steward. ...

This is exactly right and the OPs steward had no business working in AQ or CC. It just shouldn't work this way and on the rare occasion when it does it really is the responsability of the guest to make upper level staff aware of the issue. I have before and things will get changed very quickly.

Gskimmel. Thank you for posting a point by point response...I felt the same about every amenity but didn’t have the patience of Job you do to write it out. Will only add....

Expanded Room service breakfast....it has more AQ specials than just smoothies, e.g. Grilled Vegetables with Cypress Grove Goat Cheese. Just counted on my copy, it has about 75 items...somehow we could survive with those but Blu was even better.

Binoculars..they are in a small black case, highest shelf to right of TV. If not there when you arrive, ask the attendant for a replacement or you could be charged.

Hansgrohe Shower only has a “normal shower head” if normal at your home is the newer rainfall-style large 6” round. Alas mine is not, so a rainfall spa shower with panel of jets was a 5/5 to me.

Enhanced bathroom amenities...there are a few more than remembered from a regular veranda; the nail care set, lip balm

Special programming...unless you like to meditate with 50 new best friends in the gym class, having the wellness programs in your cabin on demand is not sad in the least.

Lounge seating...no complaints at all, but if you need a cushion, the throw pillows on the couch work well.

I had an amazing two weeks in AQ and everything, but especially Blu, exceeded my expectations. Asked for Nina the first two nights, and from then on, the maitre’ds knew we wanted table in her section w/o asking. Have never felt so pampered..every server in Blu, and I got to know them all at breakfast..was delightful and aimed to please.

As another poster said, it appears some of criticisms were related to the norovirus situation, e.g. removing the bread basket is SOP to control its spread but you only need to ask the waiter and bread will be served to you. Others are of the type which could be corrected if one just asks, and with an unresponsive (maybe overworked due virus)stateroom attendant, then ask guest services.

We were also on the Eclipse the cruise right before you. We had Nina serve us in Blu and she was outstanding. The four of us traveling together were seated at her table for all 6 days we were cruising. She went out of her to find food choices for my brother who is a picky eater. She had the chef prepare a pasta dish just for him one night. I am hoping we can find the same kind of service on the Equinox.

We were also on the Eclipse the cruise right before you. We had Nina serve us in Blu and she was outstanding. The four of us traveling together were seated at her table for all 6 days we were cruising. She went out of her to find food choices for my brother who is a picky eater. She had the chef prepare a pasta dish just for him one night. I am hoping we can find the same kind of service on the Equinox.

You will.

• 5 months later...
Where on the website does it reference special seating reservations in specialty restaurants? I just went to the website and the closest verbiage to this I was able to find stated: "Priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant created just for AquaClass guests that also serves complimentary healthy continental breakfast daily." Unless I am missing something, I do not see anything about special seating in specialty restaurants other than Blu.

Well, to begin, on this page http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/media.do?pagename=staterooms&cS=SIDENAV

it says:

Only Celebrity Cruises offers the pioneering stateroom classes Concierge Class and AquaClassSM, designed to deliver everything discerning travelers desire in a home-away-from-home. It’s your private haven, spectacularly designed to enhance your feeling of getting away. Apart from premium amenities, these luxurious staterooms all feature private, spacious verandas, early embarkation and debarkation privileges, and preferred seating in the main and specialty restaurants. And that's just the beginning.

Archived