Cruising Caribbean in November

crazee4cruzin

Hello fellow cruisers. Is there anyone who has sailed the Eastern/Southern Caribbean in mid-late November/early December? What is the weather like? I have been reading that it rains a lot. My DH and I are looking into a 10 day cruise over that time but we are skeptical about the weather that time of year. It is a big birthday for me and we want to celebrate in style.:p Thank you for your help.

Depends...it can be nice and warm, or, if a far-reaching cold front dips in (like the last 2 years!), it can be chillier than normal. The S. Caribbean isn't affected by our cold-fronts, so that's where I'd head that time of year! And, hurricanes don't generally take aim on the Southern part of the Caribbean....not saying it can't, but it's less likely!

Even in the spring and summer, rain is a common occurance on islands....wet, warm air passing over mountains, compresses, cools and guess what? Rain!

It can rain anywhere, anytime in the Caribbean. In the last 4 years of sailing the Eastern Carib always Thanksgiving or later, we have had rain only twice. Once when leaving FLL and once in St Thomas (different years). Didn't affect our enjoyment of the cruise.

We cruised Nov 10 -22 this year and had beautiful weather after leaving FLL - it was cool there. Had no rain and many ports were very hot - they handed out the frozen washclothes as we boarded the ship. Never needed a jacket or sweater.

Archived