Monarch 4 day cruise - Best side of the ship for oceanview rooms?

divot33

I always go for the starboard side of the ship. Then again, I'm right handed. :D

Here is the view of Port Canaveral from our stateroom (8020), starboard side.

For what it's worth, on the way down, you will be able to view Coco Cay and Nassau from the starboard side unless you are up on deck somewhere or the Viking Crown Lounge where you can get a better view.

1494072350_Viewfrom8020.jpg.bca1123abf1bde0837ecb02cc9fc1d0e.jpg

It makes no difference on Monarch going to the Bahamas. Have fun!

I agree! (Hi Scotty!! :) )

We do Starboard side, but that is because we do balconies on the Monarch and like to watch and wave to the patrons at our favorite restaurants on the way out of port.

Window cabins have great views no matter which side you are on.....enjoy!! :D

You don't always dock in the same position at each port...or, in the same direction....it won't matter a bit.

OV windows aren't really for "viewing", anyway....they are for letting natural light in..

Many are located over the bed, so you have to climb up and kneel to see out!

You don't always dock in the same position at each port...or, in the same direction....it won't matter a bit.

OV windows aren't really for "viewing", anyway....they are for letting natural light in..

Many are located over the bed, so you have to climb up and kneel to see out!

I agree. Twice we were facing another ship at Nassau. Once we were facing Nassau town. Sometimes she docks bow in...sometimes aft in.

Coco Cay does not matter, as it is tendered and views are great both sides.

Yep, doesn't matter. I've cruised three times on the Monarch and all three times I've had starboard. Now, if your a smoker, just go down one flight and out to the smoking deck on deck 7 starboard side. If you don't go to the port side deck 7. Just made it easier for my sister who smokes, and me, as I was tagging along.. lol

Love the Oceanview cabins on deck 8. Easy walk up or down to everything. We almost never took an elevator.. my legs felt great after the first day.. you think it helped with the calories? Nah...

Archived