How Can You be One of the LAST ONES Off the Ship?

mncmom

No Room Service for anyone on Disembarkation morning has to make for a miserable Lido experience. We haven't sailed them in years and this is another good reason to keep it that way. IMO

To be up early, putting last minute things into our carryons, preparing to leave the ship and coping with insanity at breakfast doesn't sound appealing.

We get up early and make it to the dining room as they open, or shortly thereafter. Avoid the Lido at all costs, it's a zoo up there. The dining room is quick, easy and far more pleasant. We pack everything prior to brekkie, leave the carry ons in the closet and tell the cabin steward if we see them we'll be back in a half hour or so. It's worth getting up early to avoid the crush.

By 8 am, you can almost forget having a quick breakfast in either place. You can avoid the insanity if you're willing to be up a half hour, or 45 minutes sooner than most people.

I think most cruise lines don't want the added mess of room service trays on debarkation morning, plus the staff that works room service also works in the dining room or buffet...they need all the extra help they can get that last morning.

No Room Service for anyone on Disembarkation morning has to make for a miserable Lido experience.
The main dining room is open for breakfast, so you're not stuck with the masses in the buffet.

To be among the last to leave, just fill in your paperwork accordingly. When you receive your luggage tags, double check to make sure you're in the last group--and if you're not, go to the pursers desk and ask for a new color.

On one cruise, we saw several people who snuck off the ship earlier than their assigned color only to discover that their luggage had not made it out yet. It's best to leave the ship at the proper time.

We get up early and make it to the dining room as they open, or shortly thereafter. Avoid the Lido at all costs, it's a zoo up there. The dining room is quick, easy and far more pleasant. We pack everything prior to brekkie, leave the carry ons in the closet and tell the cabin steward if we see them we'll be back in a half hour or so. It's worth getting up early to avoid the crush.

By 8 am, you can almost forget having a quick breakfast in either place. You can avoid the insanity if you're willing to be up a half hour, or 45 minutes sooner than most people.

I think most cruise lines don't want the added mess of room service trays on debarkation morning, plus the staff that works room service also works in the dining room or buffet...they need all the extra help they can get that last morning.

You are correct on all points and you do what we do. Plus we find the volume in the MDR to be very light when we go about 7:30 to 8 am.

To my knowledge...no.

Thanks. Good suggestions and certainly makes it sound more 'civilized'. I guess I'm a little disingenous as we have no plans to sail any line but HAL and through this thread, I discovered another (good) reason to continue with HAL. I wasn't aware that some cruise lines did not provide room service breakfast last day.

On the last morning, we are packed and all we have is our carry-on. We have a leisurely breakfast in the MDR and then we are just ready to leave. The shops are closed; the pool is closed; the bars are closed. There's really nothing to do but look around at fellow passengers sitting in the bars and lounges waiting on their call to disembark. If you want to stretch the vacation, book a tour in the city where you disembark. I get a little resentful watching them to prepare the ship for the folks replacing me :mad:.

On our last two Princess cruises we ORDERED full breakfast in our suite. They even brought a white tablecloth for our balcony table.

:confused: So, is it a question of some Princess ships you can have room service breakfast last morning or is it some category cabins or ?????

Confusing......

You can stay on until the last zone is called.. you will basically be sittng somewhere watching everyone else get off. Everything will be shut down except for a few areas around the ship that are kept open to act somewhat like "waiting rooms"...there is no entertainment, music, activities..etc...If you want breakfast I would head up to the lido deck somewhat early because it does shut down earlier then every other day of the cruise.

Lunch will not be served for you. The only time I have heard of it taking until noon to get everyone off the ship was due to customs delays or something. If everything runs smoothly you should be off way before that.

Have a good cruise!

And even then you won't usually get lunch.......There were customs problems when I was on the Valor in 2008 and we didn't get off the ship until almost 2pm (and we were among the 1st off).......they didn't open the Lido buffet for lunch, they said that it was for the embarking guests....

It was a virtual mob scene..........but a lesson learned.......I never travel now without at least a dozen snack and/or protein bars in my carry on....

Archived