Chef's tour and Dinner Table

DrSch

Wow, we have done the Chef's Table twice and your pictures look a whole lot better than what we had. On both cruises all we had was veal for the main course and truly it wasn't very good at all. This looks fantastic. We had decided to not bother with it again, but may have to think twice on that decision. Thanks for the pictures.

This was my first chef's table, and probably my only one.. This was an amazing event, but doesn't need to be repeated, unless I want my own cruise ship to fit on.

The chef had just found out that day his wife was pregnant so was in a particularly good mood, and he may have gone nuts on the table for us.

Just got back from the Emerald Princess and had the opportunity to enjoy an evening at the Chef's tour and dinner.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a quick webpage with pictures and descriptions of the type of foods you will get to enjoy.

http://drschoenbrun.jalbum.net/chefs%20table/

DrSch, thanks so much for sharing those pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful experience. We will board the Emerald Princes 1 week from today. How early did you call the DINE line to sign up for the Chef's Table? Any advice?

WOW!!

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures...looks like a fantastic meal.

We hope to do the Chef's Table when we cruise Alaska on the Island in Aug. We will be with 2 other couples. One person is totally allergic to seafood. By the pictures, it appears that seafood is a big part of meal. ( I LOVE seafood..hell, I love food!!) Would it be best for this person and his wife NOT to sign up for this meal?

Thanks again for taking the time to share your amazing dinner.

Really enjoyed the pictures! We are going to be on the Emerald next month and had planned to do this. My first question is how did you sign up for it and when? Did you call or go somewhere in person? My second question is....what night did you go? Was it a regular dining night or a formal night? Was it on a sea day or a port day? Thanks in advance for your help.

It isn't an easy seat to get. It would be the first thing I would do when I got on the ship, but if there are any people that are doing back-to-backs, they have a better chance. Good luck in getting a seat.

I can't say that every cruise would have the same food, but seafood was a big part of our meal. Not sure if your friend would enjoy paying 75.00 and not being able to eat half the courses.

Really enjoyed the pictures! We are going to be on the Emerald next month and had planned to do this. My first question is how did you sign up for it and when? Did you call or go somewhere in person? My second question is....what night did you go? Was it a regular dining night or a formal night? Was it on a sea day or a port day? Thanks in advance for your help.

It was a port night. The Maitre'd and the Chef choose the nights they are doing it. There were 2 on our cruise.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos! DH and I experienced the Chef's Table onboard the Island Princess February 1. Our menu was different than yours and included more meat than seafood. The rack of lamb in your photos looks to die for, and I wouldn't have minded that entree at all ;)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Just got back from the Emerald Princess and had the opportunity to enjoy an evening at the Chef's tour and dinner.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a quick webpage with pictures and descriptions of the type of foods you will get to enjoy.

http://drschoenbrun.jalbum.net/chefs%20table/

My husband did the Chef's Table last September. Looks like the same menu...lol. They did 2 tables and he made the second cut. He realy enjoyed his surprise.

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0993-1.jpg

IMG_0995-1.jpg

IMG_1000-1.jpg

emeraldcheftablegroup.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos. Many of the dishes were the same as we've had in the three times we've done the Chef's Table, but there were several new ones. For instance, we've always had the medieval spike with beef, veal, and pork tenderloins as our main entree.

As for the quantity of food, it is way too much. But you can eat sensibly earlier in the day and try a little bit of everything and not end up as cargo at the end of your cruise.

We also were on Emerald Princess last sailing and did the Chef's Table on the other night for that sailing. It was great. Had done it previously three years ago and would do it again. Worth every bit of the $75pp. For those seeking to get onto the list for this event, call as soon as you board. We are priority boarding and were first group to get on board and called immediately upon arrival in our cabin for four of us. It fills up immediately.

Archived