Galveston Port closed?

GreenZolie

Heeeheeee we're hopeless cases and lovin' it:p;)

Now I see VOS and Conquest but where's Ecstasy now?:confused:

I bet we can't see it now if it's docked at pier 10? That's what I'm guessing, but I'm not sure exactly where that is located, I just know there at Harbor House it's pier 21.

Heeeheeee we're hopeless cases and lovin' it:p;)

Now I see VOS and Conquest but where's Ecstasy now?:confused:

I think pier 10 is the one you always see with all the heavy equipnebt and cars at it when you sail out. If so it's out of Camera range.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=311317000&centerx=-94.76099&centery=29.3432

I think pier 10 is the one you always see with all the heavy equipnebt and cars at it when you sail out. If so it's out of Camera range.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=311317000&centerx=-94.76099&centery=29.3432

Thanks Janet, that must be it but Conquest just slipped off to the right just like Ecstasy:eek::confused:

Maybe they're debarking up there and coming in to the regular terminal to board new passengers?:confused:...OH nevermind here she comes!!

According to the Carnival website, the Ecstasy is debarking at pier 10. They will move over to Terminal 1 when the Conquest leaves later, and they estimate Ecstasy embarkation to start at 8:30. As of right now, it's a 4-day cruise to Progreso. All I can think is they decided to try to salvage the Conquest cruise, since the damage for the Ecstasy passengers is already done.:confused:

Unfortunately, the NWS forecast shows a high probability of dense fog again by 8:00 p.m.:mad:

Boy, both cruise lines need to do a better job of updating their websites with information in circumstances like these. Carnival has the information buried in the FAQ's where most people would never think of looking for news of a delay. At first, I thought RCCL did much better...there is an IMPORTANT INFORMATION! link on their front page. Alas, it was last updated yesterday, and it still says an update will be posted at 9 a.m. today. As of right now, they're still predicting the Voyager will be late!:eek:

Boy, both cruise lines need to do a better job of updating their websites with information in circumstances like these. Carnival has the information buried in the FAQ's where most people would never think of looking for news of a delay. At first, I thought RCCL did much better...there is an IMPORTANT INFORMATION! link on their front page. Alas, it was last updated yesterday, and it still says an update will be posted at 9 a.m. today. As of right now, they're still predicting the Voyager will be late!:eek:

That's for sure, it hard to understand when it's not difficult to figure out how to put a "Weather Alert" or "Cruise Alert" type bullet on the home page so people know where to get to when there is a situation going on....you know how the states have those 511 highway sites and alert all the crashes/delays/etc...and my company has for our policyholders to go to when there is an evacuation or hurricane emergency declared...:confused:

bummer, i missed it all, anyone got photos??

and on the cruise cam what is that way in the background? on the left, is that the Ecstasy way back there?? too bad there is no zoom.

We leave THURSDAY this week on Ecstasy, where can I find out if there is FOG in our forcast??

Thought I'd post the official press release on the matter:

PORT OF GALVESTON STATEMENT

Feb. 20, 2011

2 pm EST

Carnival Ecstasy’s arrival in Galveston has been delayed until 1 EST pm this afternoon, approximately one day later than scheduled, due to severe fog that resulted in the closure of the Port Galveston channel. Carnival Ecstasy was returning from a cruise that departed on Monday.

Because of the delayed arrival, Carnival Ecstasy will now sail on a modified four-day cruise to Cozumel departing today and returning Thursday, Feb. 24 (originally, the ship was scheduled to sail on a five-day cruise to Cozumel and Progreso operating Saturday to Thursday).

Guests have the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund or sailing on the modified four-day cruise and receive a 25 percent pro-rated refund of their cruise fare, along with a $45 per person shipboard credit to cover lunch yesterday and dinner last evening.

Carnival sincerely apologizes to its guests for this disruption in their vacation plans. Carnival Ecstasy operates four- and five-day western Caribbean cruises from the Port of Galveston.

Archived